Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I posted a post the other day and not one response as to what to do to get the scales to start moving.. Thanks people I really need advise on this. My doctor told me to increase activities and up the calories, but I have done both and the scale is still sitting the same.. When I first came to this forum it was within minutes of posting a response would come back now I'm lucky if someone even reads it. Which is frustrating other people ask similar questions and boom responses. Stupid questions get asked and what do you think happens hint "they get answered". I'm really frustrated with being at a stall for so long and support from others is what I am seaking at this time. My dear sweet husband is trying but he doesn't know what's going on and what should be going on.. Anyway Later!!

[/quo

The others pretty much covered it but a general theme I think is to shake things up. For example, I am a low carb eater (less than 30 grams/day) so if I hit a slowdown or stall I increase the carbs or reduce the physical activity for a day or two and that helps.

It seems like there's so much stress and fret over stalls. I swear when I get my surgery I'm going to lock my bathroom scale in the shed. I don't want to know how much I weigh. I'll get weighed at follow up visits but otherwise, no weighing for at LEAST the first 4 months. Then I'll try and be more focused on losing more. but while your body is healing and adjusting it just seems like a lot of obsessing and feelings of having to measure up to other people.

you're getting smaller, whether the scale reflects that or not.

I don't answer questions on stalls because I don't have any magic answers. I stalled all the time. I would loose 5 lbs in a week and then not lose anything for weeks and weeks. I didn't do anything different, and I would drop another 5 and go on another stall.

I just did what I was supposed to which was Protein first and veggies if there was room. I kept my carbs around or under 30 which I mainly got

from Greek Yogurt.

I posted a post the other day and not one response as to what to do to get the scales to start moving.. Thanks people I really need advise on this. My doctor told me to increase activities and up the calories, but I have done both and the scale is still sitting the same.. When I first came to this forum it was within minutes of posting a response would come back now I'm lucky if someone even reads it. Which is frustrating other people ask similar questions and boom responses. Stupid questions get asked and what do you think happens hint "they get answered". I'm really frustrated with being at a stall for so long and support from others is what I am seaking at this time. My dear sweet husband is trying but he doesn't know what's going on and what should be going on.. Anyway Later!!

Several of my first posts in My Story received no answers-sure I noticed- but I am not going to throw a fit over it.

About your problem- there are so many posts about this- I haven't even had my sleeve and I can answer you because I have read so much. Have you looked around the forum and found all the posts about stalls?

Here is what I have learned

Are you drinking your Water? 64 ounces plus EVERY day?

Are you getting your Protein? 60-80 grams

Are you working out? This is very important as you move forward...

Are you limiting your carbs? VERY IMPORTANT- the way my doctor puts it- if you give your body carbs to burn it wont burn fat even if the calories are low.

If you are limiting your calories and thinking that is all it will take, that is a mistake- and in fact you may have to add some calories to kick start your losing.

All these things are written over and over again and readily available to all of us.

I have also found the best thing to do when you ask about a situation like that the best thing to do is tell in your original post what you are currently doing so as to give the responders enough information to help you. Otherwise they could just see it as another post just like the other posts and without knowing your details they have nothing to work with.

Good luck to you!

I don't think it is productive to chastise the original poster for "throwing a fit", etc. We are supposed to be a support group. Rather than accusing, maybe we can all be a little supportive and lend a sympathetic ear to a comrade who is obviously frustrated and in need of our support? Sometimes, even if we don't have the answers or the answers can be found elsewhere, it is nice just to add a "I know how you feel" to the discussion, especially when many times, many of us feel very alone in this whole process.

Hi MommyTawnie...I haven't been sleeved yet, but I do have the lap band and know when that happened to me, what worked best was to increase my Protein and if that didn't work, I reverted to the pre-op or immediate post-op diet for a week or 2. I've also read about other people doing what's called the 5 day pouch test...originally developed for gastric bypass patients, but now used for all weight loss surgery. It's supposed to "reset" you and your stomach so that the losing can begin again:

Days One & Two: liquid Protein

low-carb Protein shakes, broth, clear or cream Soups, sugar-free Gelatin and pudding.

Day 3: Soft Protein

canned fish (tuna or salmon) eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy).

Day 4: Firm Protein

ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut.

Day 5: Solid Protein

white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game

Link: http://5daypouchtest...an/theplan.html

Thanks for posting this, this is a great tool to use.

Well now WE don't know if she is actually getting the posts cause she never answered back after loads of posts, but a lot of good advice :D

It seems like there's so much stress and fret over stalls. I swear when I get my surgery I'm going to lock my bathroom scale in the shed. I don't want to know how much I weigh. I'll get weighed at follow up visits but otherwise, no weighing for at LEAST the first 4 months. Then I'll try and be more focused on losing more. but while your body is healing and adjusting it just seems like a lot of obsessing and feelings of having to measure up to other people.

you're getting smaller, whether the scale reflects that or not.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT, DAWN! LOL!! I think we all obsess to "make sure" it's working. Too many failures of the past.

I'm still looking for the post that Mommy Tawnie now says thank you for all the replies! You bitched, you got replies! LOL AND BTW...she's only 3 months out and has lost a great deal of weight! CONGRATS!! Don't worry!

I come on a few days a week and post often on those days, today is one of those days... The day you posted this was not...

Most people hit upon it but it always goes back to 1) Protein 2) Water 3) Exercise for me...

I will tell you stalls are your bodies response to weight loss the more you lose and the long you do it the more you stall

Stalls are one of the most common threads here

You can do many things to try to break a stall but if your body is not ready to relent the weight it may not

Some common stall busters include

Low carbs - 40 grams a day or less

Calorie cycling - 600-800 2 days 1000-1200 1 day repeat

Eating 4-6 smaller meals throughout the day

Increasing your physical activity and working in intervals walk a lap, run a lap or walk 5 minutes run 1 minute etc....

Carb cycling 40, 40, 100

Eating different things, if you are used to eating the same things each day switch it up and work in some new foods

Good luck!!!

I don't think it is productive to chastise the original poster for "throwing a fit", etc. We are supposed to be a support group. Rather than accusing, maybe we can all be a little supportive and lend a sympathetic ear to a comrade who is obviously frustrated and in need of our support? Sometimes, even if we don't have the answers or the answers can be found elsewhere, it is nice just to add a "I know how you feel" to the discussion, especially when many times, many of us feel very alone in this whole process.

You are right- I think I was just touchy when so many here give so much to have her complain.

I did also give some thoughts about what to do , at least!

I agree I was wrong to come down on her when she is already low about her stall.

Sry all I was having a bad day when I posted this. Not seeing the scales move for almost 3 weeks was driving me nuts.. I am getting in around 900-1000 calories a day. I am tracking my Protein as well, some days I am getting well over the recommended amount. Other days I am lucky to get in 50grams. I am pleased to say that the scales have once again started moving and I have lost 3 lbs since I posted this post. And that's with no change to my diet.. My body just needed to catch up I guess. Anyway I am pushing well into the 170s and it feels AMAZING!! I actually fit into a size 11-12 skirt yesterday.. I haven't worn that size since the first few months of my pregnancy 6 years ago. Thank You all for your response!!

I'm sorry mommy tawnie.c you have always been here for me and answered a majority of my questions on here. And I did see and read that post but did not answer. I didn't have an anger for you. I'm only 8 weeks out. Good luck in your journey and hang in there.

Thank You for that I do get that alot of people on here are new to the sleeve and some are still in debate about the surgery.. I was super frustrated at the stall and I needed to vent. I wish now I wouldn't have done so considering some of the hateful hurtful things that are being said. I turn to the forum because I do not have a support group in my area that I can attend. We have bariatrics here yes, but unless you have surgery at this hospital the support groups are pretty much closed off from other surgeons patients. I had surgery an hour away that's not a drive I can make 2-3 times a month. This is my support group and to have certain things answered and others not is aggrivating. I am better now and my scales have started moving again on there own!!

I too had my feelings hurt to nonone answering my posts, then I realized how it happens for me to miss posts too. I log on straight to new content. When there is lots of activity a post can quickly slide to the 4 th or 5th page of new content. I found that if I respond to my own post then it gets bumped to the top and moe likely answered. I usually wait a day or two so as not to annoy people by bu ping my own post. I also sometimes see an unanswered post and comment even when I don't have a clear answer to bump it to the top of new content. I had to remind myself that people are generous, but they also have their own lives,a may not have an answer, may have already answered that question many times, or may not be interested in my title and never open my post.

In my opinion it is wise to search for the topic you are interested in learning -- first. I just did that today in fact!!! I wanted to know if i was going to waste my money by getting a pedicure. Guess what??? There was a thread on that very topic... on page FIVE.

I am a member of two online forums and it is super annoying to have a bazillion threads that are the same fricken question!!!!

I also find it annoying when people turn the topic into their own mini -sub conversation and divert from the original topic... such as I am doing now.

ohmy.gif I am doling out forum etiquette instead of answering how to get past a VSG stall. Which I have no advice to give.

The advice I can give, however:

***Marathon not sprint

*** patience is a virtue (took me years to get fat so... gonna take a while to make me un-fat)

*** don't type angry

*** More bee's with honey