Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All

Okay, I have returned to work after six weeks, and guess what? There is now a scale in the supply room. WHYYYYYYYYYYY???!!!!! hahahahaha.

Anyway, yes, I did step on it, lol. Monday I lost another 6.9lbs in a week. I am now 286.6, down from 312 surgery date. What a wonderful feeling.

I do understand that all scales are different. Still cannot wait til appointment with Kaiser next month.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

OK, this post made me seriously chuckle - we have scale too, in a little room they call the infirmary (it does have a cot, but mostly first aid supplies and such). I decided not to buy a quality scale and just use that one because I know I won't step on it every day. My suggestion: weigh yourself on that scale right before or after your next weigh-in to see how they match up. Even if they're not exactly the same, it'll be helpful to know if it's a little higher or a little lower than the doc. Mine was within a pound.

Don't worry about how fast it comes off...I see so many on here making themselves nuts because they see people losing faster than them, when in fact they're doing great. I admire your attitude about it. I take a steroid, so I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be a slow loser too. But that's cool. Better a slow loser than a fast gainer is what I say.

Virginia

Thank you and Yes, this is a great idea

I will weigh myself tomorrow. I want to try and lose at least 10 pounds before my birthday on the 19th. I'm not forcing the lost. Any number is good. I still have lower extremity edema, but not as much as before surgery. The edema usually add on 10 pounds for me. And just to see the numbers go down on the scale, I know I am beating edema. Because to me that means 20lbs in my mind, but 10 on the scale.< /strong>

Oh and the scale was in the supply room before surgery; I just forgot about it when I saw it putting Protein shake in the fridge.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

OK, this post made me seriously chuckle - we have scale too, in a little room they call the infirmary (it does have a cot, but mostly first aid supplies and such). I decided not to buy a quality scale and just use that one because I know I won't step on it every day. My suggestion: weigh yourself on that scale right before or after your next weigh-in to see how they match up. Even if they're not exactly the same, it'll be helpful to know if it's a little higher or a little lower than the doc. Mine was within a pound.

Don't worry about how fast it comes off...I see so many on here making themselves nuts because they see people losing faster than them, when in fact they're doing great. I admire your attitude about it. I take a steroid, so I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be a slow loser too. But that's cool. Better a slow loser than a fast gainer is what I say.

Virginia

Meh, leave it to work to ruin your plans! ;) I am also a scale-avoider, though I do own one. I try to keep off it except for once or twice a week. So far, I have done well with keep myself off it. I just get too caught up (read: obsessed) with the numbers and drive myself right over the edge. So better to just feel good and have clothes get looser and etc, and only find the weight from time to time.

Well done, you! I am also a slower loser compared to most, but I am a-okay with that. :)

I'm the same as you. I keep it to once a week. Mondays only. Now today I was up two pounds. I am okay with that because of the edema. I did speak with the nurse practitioner today and she told me to give the edema another month when I see her and she'll see about diuretics after speaking with my PCP. I agreed. I do not have high blood pressure.

She says I am losing even with the edema and really shouldn't be alarmed. Just to keep her posted if any major changes.

Also, my clothes are getting looser and looser. I never pulled my pants up so many times today, lololol. Even co-workers were noticing and laughing. It was hilarious. I have many supporters at work. Some co-workers has lost weight while I was gone (10-20lbs). We're rooting each other.

Meh, leave it to work to ruin your plans! ;) I am also a scale-avoider, though I do own one. I try to keep off it except for once or twice a week. So far, I have done well with keep myself off it. I just get too caught up (read: obsessed) with the numbers and drive myself right over the edge. So better to just feel good and have clothes get looser and etc, and only find the weight from time to time.

Well done, you! I am also a slower loser compared to most, but I am a-okay with that. :)

I am down 18.5 pounds and sooooo very ecstatic with my progress. Not as fast as others, but I am me. Yesterday I went to meet with Ana at Kaiser Bellflowers' satellite office and when I got on the scale and it read 293.5, it took so much out of me not to run down the hall screaming of joy. To see 293 to me is I will never see 300's again. I don't have a scale at home, which is wonderful for me. My next weigh-in will be May 18. Can't wait.

CONGRATS!!! I think everyone should Celebrate every pound - it makes the journey so much more fun and enjoyable!!!

YAY YOU!!! You're doing great! I think its great that you do not have a scale at home. I put mine away in my laundry room and tell myself to only get it out once a week to weigh myself. That is soooo much easier to say than do. I end up taking out the scale a few times a week. I want to change that- it's not healthy! Good luck to you as you continue through this journey!:D

Thank you...286.6 now.....:rolleyes:

CONGRATS!!! I think everyone should Celebrate every pound - it makes the journey so much more fun and enjoyable!!!

Thank you so much .... I know its rough and exciting to know if the scale has moved.

YAY YOU!!! You're doing great! I think its great that you do not have a scale at home. I put mine away in my laundry room and tell myself to only get it out once a week to weigh myself. That is soooo much easier to say than do. I end up taking out the scale a few times a week. I want to change that- it's not healthy! Good luck to you as you continue through this journey!:D

Congrats to you Lady! Keep up the great work. You are right about not weighing every day. I am too emotional for that. The scale would dictate what my day would be like if I did that. I am scheduled for surgery on May 13th...I can not wait. Me and my Sister/BestFriend are doing it on the same day....so excited. I am thinking about putting my scale away too so that I will not be tempted.

Question - You said you were off work for 6 weeks? I was hoping recovery was shorter than that. Just started a new job and I am hoping that I will not be off work that long.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy girlie! I'm soooo happy for you!!!

Hi Velvet

It was a choice. However, when my surgeon completed disability forms, he put the date to 4-6 weeks and I chose to stay off six weeks. It was worth it to me because it gave me a chance to get use to the changes I would go thru with eating and exercising. More so, yes I could have gone back in two -three weeks. Enjoy whatever time you while you're recovering.

Congrats!!!! to you and your sister.

Congrats to you Lady! Keep up the great work. You are right about not weighing every day. I am too emotional for that. The scale would dictate what my day would be like if I did that. I am scheduled for surgery on May 13th...I can not wait. Me and my Sister/BestFriend are doing it on the same day....so excited. I am thinking about putting my scale away too so that I will not be tempted.

Question - You said you were off work for 6 weeks? I was hoping recovery was shorter than that. Just started a new job and I am hoping that I will not be off work that long.

Thank you .....

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy girlie! I'm soooo happy for you!!!