Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to know if anyone has been sleeved at BMI of Texas in San Antonio, the doctors listed there are Dr. Terive Duperier and Dr. Mickey Seger & what your experience was w/them or perhaps another San Antonio facility?? I was wanting to go to Dr. Alvarez in Mexico but a bit chicken to go to Mexico just yet & was trying to find a facility in Texas since I already live here. Any info would be great, good or bad. Thanks, in advance, to anyone who replies.

Just wanted to know if anyone has been sleeved at BMI of Texas in San Antonio, the doctors listed there are Dr. Terive Duperier and Dr. Mickey Seger & what your experience was w/them or perhaps another San Antonio facility?? I was wanting to go to Dr. Alvarez in Mexico but a bit chicken to go to Mexico just yet & was trying to find a facility in Texas since I already live here. Any info would be great, good or bad. Thanks, in advance, to anyone who replies.

I haven't had mine done yet, I am going thru the process and Dr. Seger is my surgeon. Did you end up using BMI? Which surgeon did you have and how was it?

I haven't had mine done yet, I am going thru the process and Dr. Seger is my surgeon. Did you end up using BMI? Which surgeon did you have and how was it?

Hi! I haven't done mine yet...still debating, lol but please let me know how yours turns out & what your experience was w/this doctor & facility. It'd really help me I think to make a decision on who to use! Good luck on your procedure & again, keep me/us posted!! I'd luv to hear about your experience(s) & progress!!! Thanks!!

--SK. :)

I, too, am pre-op and have decided to go with BMI of Texas. I am currently going through the process and at present am waiting on approval from my insurance company. Dr. Seger is also my surgeon. My EGD procedure was done by Dr. Seger at Foundation Surgical hospital and I was really pleased. The staff was great and I have been called multiple times to see how things are going since the EDG was performed. No regrets yet.

Was sleeved on March 5, 2012 by Dr. Seger - so far so good! Would recommend BMI of Texas to anyone!!

weight.png

Both are good surgeons. I would take Seger over Duperier though but that's just my personal preference.

Now that I have had the procedure done I highly recommend BMI of Texas. The surgery was done at The Foundation Surgical Hospital. Everyone that I encountered during my journey at both BMI of Texas & Foundation have been wonderful. Four weeks post-op & still no regrets.

Slowkat, what did you decide.

I'm being sleeved by Dr. Duperier on August 21st. Both docs are great. Dr. Seiger did my scope and he was great. I have auto-immune issues so I was a bit concerned about that, but Dr. D reassured me that they are used to dealing with auto-immune issues.

Thanks so much for all the replies. I'm still on the fence about the procedure. Still not 100% on whether it's right for me or the right time. IF I decide that surgery is the right option, it'll be the sleeve no doubt about that, just still trying to decide lol. Not an easy decision to make.

Are you trying to decide if you are going to have surgery. Or which one?

When my primary care doc recommended WLS I was astonished. I didnt think I'd qualify. I did, but just by 4 pounds. I wasn't sure if this was for me.....but when I spoke to Dr D., he totally reassured I was in the right place. I'm SO looking forward to not lugging this extra weight around. This hot weather has reafirmed my decison. I was going to have the lap band, but i've just heard too many negatives about it.

I had the VSG with Dr. Duperier August 8, 2011. I had a GREAT experience! My surgery was performed at Foundation Hospital. All the staff there are wonderful and caring. I have lost 96 pounds and am now my ideal weight. Its such a great feeling to know I was in very good hands.......

Having said that, my sister chose Dr. Alvarez in Mx and I went with her for support. We both had a GREAT experience there as well. DR. A. was awesome and I would highly recommend him as well. They treated us both like queens. We wanted for nothing. She has had a great outcome as well. She is only 2 months post op right now but has lost 60 pounds so far. Soooo.... long story short, I would recommend either of them with equal enthusiasm. Good luck with your decision!

I would recommend Dr. Peterson at Christus Santa Rosa Westover Hills in San Antonio. I am going through the military SAMMC but he used to be (before he left the military))the head Bariatric Surgeon for the Bariatric program at Wilford Hall and I have heard nothing but good things about him!

Thanks so much for all the replies. I'm still on the fence about the procedure. Still not 100% on whether it's right for me or the right time. IF I decide that surgery is the right option' date=' it'll be the sleeve no doubt about that, just still trying to decide lol. Not an easy decision to make.[/quote']

I myself haven't decided yet since I'm faced w d self pay dilemma bc my insurance doesn't cover WLS. I'm glad to see BMI of Texas w good reviews... I was able to speak w dr d n was very professional n was able to answer all my questions n reassured me about d process of d procedure. Now my only problem is deciding either to pay 14000 w BMI of Texas or 8500 w dr Alvarez in Mexico? $ wise d answer is very obvious but I have heard so much positive feedback w dr alvarez that I really would love to go w him but then I get scared about any complications n how they can be handle.

I had my Sleeve done in 2009 by Dr Seger and Dr Duperier assisted. I reached my goal weight in 11 months and since then have had a baby and list all the weight after that too. I highly recommend BMI of Tx over any doctor in Mexico because the doctors here will follow up with you for the rest if your life. The staff is so friendly and the support you'll get before and after surgery is amazing. Remember, cheaper is not what should matter... Make sure you are comfortable with the doc you choose and do your research. I know for a fact that you would be in the best of hands if you decide to go with BMI OF TX.

I am just now getting started with BMI. Met with Dr. D FEB. 21,2013.

Mar. 14, 2013 1st visit with dietician.

Could anyone tell me how many visits to dietician they require?

How many WLS support groups required?

I am on Medicare and they require full 3 months. Got kinda confused about insurance coverage, but visit was hectic with seeing 2 others and dr. I know a lot will be clarified when I go see Jodi. Did y'all get A lot from your appts. With her?

I am totally committed to do whatever I need to do .... Thanks to anyone who answers my questions?