Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on 3/7/2011. My first two weeks the weight melted like butter. Lost 20 pounds. Need to lose a total of 115 pounds. Now I have since returned to work. (3/21/2011) I walk 45 minutes a day, my job is a desk job. UGH! I have lost 2 pounds since returning to work. I also have started light resistance training every other day. Nothing strenous. I do get my fluids in and do get my Protein in. Would this be considered normal or am I doing something wrong. I manage to get in at least 450 - 500 calories carbs are close to 20 a day. I'm limited on food as I'm on the full liquid diet until April 7. From there I can begin fish, chicken. Will that make a difference on the weight loss? Getting Protein from food rather than liquid does that have a bigger impact on the way we lose? I did not recieve any information on what my diet should be during this stage. Just a list of what is allowed on the full liquid diet. I have been adhearing to that. I have tweaked it by adding more protein and Water. Unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury to regular chobani and to cottage cheese. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. I don't know if I have reached a leveling off point, not really a stall. More like okay we are going to slow this down a bit. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Deb.

It sounds like you have hit the dreaded 3 week stall! Don't fret over it, it has happened to many of us!!! Just keep doing what you are doing, get in your Protein and Water, and the weight loss will pick back up! Great job so far!!

Sounds to me like you are doing everything exactly like you should be! The Water and Protein is so vital and you seem to be doing great on both, and having that low carb intake is key. It will depend on the surgeon, but mine considers the protein in the Protein Drinks just the same as with food. I think you have done awesome losing 20 pounds in a month and if it slows down a little that is not such a bad thing. Only weigh once a week, and make sure you take your measurements! That will help show even when pounds are not dropping inches usually are! I try to think of weight loss this way, it works from the inside out. First our bodies need to burn the fat that is suffocating our lungs, kidneys and other essential organs, then it can focus on burning some of the outer fat. Plus, we do not just lose fat, we do lose some muscle mass. I think you'll notice more improvement with the light resistance training and once cleared by your doctor try and increase some of the muscle building and toning work outs. I wish you the best!! It will work, we have come this far, we just gotta be patient and let this process work itself out through our body like it should!

Thanks, I just thought I was eating too many carbs or not enough calories. I understand that the more weight that you need to lose. It comes off fairly quick. I was so hoping to get rid of my first 50 within the first 90 days. Maybe once I am able to "eat" I will find it easier to chart calories and Protein then carbs. Right now depending on the serving size I seem to cut everything to 1/4 the serving then re-calculate everything. I know seems like work right. LOL.

Thanks for responding.:D

Deb

my highest weight was 315.5 lbs.

my starting weight on this journey is 310 lbs.

my goal weight is 165 lbs.

i look forward to following everyone's journey and helping one another as we try to drop 100+ lbs.

I am finally lost down to 186 and I was over 300. so I have lost about 115. I want to loose another 40 pounds but It is melting off a little slower but going to do it just might take me longer. more working out at the gym. but never thought I would loose as much as I did. since sept.. it can and will be done.

I am currently 367lbs would like to be at about 260lbs so I have about 107lbs to lose. I was sleeved on june 29th, 2011 I weighed 387lb post op weigh-in....

Ok, I am just over 2 weeks out. I have lost 20 lbs. I am only able to eat maybe 600-700 calories a day. I am still on a soft diet. I try to get in all my Protein and Water. That is really hard to do. I am concerned because the last 5 days I have not lost any weight. Actually gained a 1lb. Is this normal? Not much going in and nothing coming off. I am going to the gym and doing my 30 minutes of cardio. Also, since the surgery I have been having allergic reactions. Just about any thing will cause my hands and feet to itch like crazy. Grass, dust, really anything. I was not allergic to any of this before the surgery. Weird huh? Now I am taking benadryl @ least once a day to stop the itching. Any advice from my veterans out there would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi there..

I have the same problem with itching when I over do it on the whey based Protein. Sometimes your body just gets on overload of something and develops an allergic reaction. I look for veggie pea Protein and that helps keep the itching away. Just a thought.. see if it works for you.

I will be sleeved on 8/1 also here in cincinnati ohio. I wish you the best and look forward to your progress!

I enjoy reading the encouragement everyone shares!! Awesome!! My surgery is set for Monday, August 1 in Dallas. Goodby 100+ lbs!

I am right there with you! I had my surgery September 16, 2010. My highest weight was 325 lbs, and my surgery weight was 312! I am currently down to 195! I too have about 40 lbs to go, and it's coming off slowly! I know I'll get to goal!! Good luck to you all! :)

Suzette

I'm so grateful to have had this surgery. I'm already feeling so much better. I started my journey at 298, the highest I have ever been. I'm currently 252, about 2 1/2 months out. I'm already off diabetes meds and one of my cholesterol meds.....and have halved by BP meds. I have more energy and am already sleeping better. I'm getting my life back!!!!!

Ok, I am just over 2 weeks out. I have lost 20 lbs. I am only able to eat maybe 600-700 calories a day. I am still on a soft diet. I try to get in all my Protein and Water. That is really hard to do. I am concerned because the last 5 days I have not lost any weight. Actually gained a 1lb. Is this normal? Not much going in and nothing coming off. I am going to the gym and doing my 30 minutes of cardio. Also, since the surgery I have been having allergic reactions. Just about any thing will cause my hands and feet to itch like crazy. Grass, dust, really anything. I was not allergic to any of this before the surgery. Weird huh? Now I am taking benadryl @ least once a day to stop the itching. Any advice from my veterans out there would be appreciated.

Thanks

Update 8/19. I am down 40 lbs. My daughter is now 2 weeks out and stalled at 20 lbs. Now, I know it is just something that happens and the weight will continue to fall off.