Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WooHoo! Past half way and nearly 100 lbs GONE!

I am about ready to bust - and not from being fat either :rolleyes:

I started my journey on Dec 6th 2010 at 375 pounds and now not even 4 months later I have lost 99 pounds and am over the half way mark to my goal of 180 pounds! I was going to wait till I lost that extra pound to make it an even 100 but I couldn't stand it any longer and just had to tell everyone.

I feel SOOOOOOO much better, BP, blood sugar, heart rate are all normal, cholesterol is BELOW average, back pain is almost all gone, knee pain is a thing of the past, even my sex drive is back too.

I know many people start their journey at 276 pounds and I am just starting the second half of my journey. I know I won't lose as fast for this part but know I WILL lose it and reach my gaol or nearly there.

Thanks for all your support and kind words.

Rootman you are "THE MAN". That is a phenomenal amount of weight to lose. Keep up the great work!! :D

When are we gonna see some before and during pics??

Deb B)

When are we gonna see some before and during pics??

Well like many super obese I avoided the camera like the plague, I now regret that as I don't have any decent before pictures where I am not hiding behind someone or something. I'll have to see what I can dig up and have the wife take a snap tonight.

AWESOME job!!!!!

!!! AWESOME !!! AMAZING !!! FANTASTIC !!!

You've really rocked your sleeve so far, you've lost a lot and FAST!! Congrats and cheers on the second half of your journey! Thanks also for being such a good member of this board, your posts are always on point and very valuable.

:behindsofa: ...and no more hiding behind anything!!

:Banane05: :Banane09: :Banane08::Banane06: :Banane10:

Well like many super obese I avoided the camera like the plague, I now regret that as I don't have any decent before pictures where I am not hiding behind someone or something. I'll have to see what I can dig up and have the wife take a snap tonight.

Dude, I know just what you mean :( I did save a pair of my biggest jeans to show peeps. I thought about taking a pic with those on and showing how loose they are. I started at a size 26 and now down to a size 12. If you don't know what that means ask wifey.

But again YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

What is morning breakfast?

I am NEVER hungry for breakfast but always eat it. I usually eat one of three things, a boiled egg, one sausage patty or a Boost! Protein drink. They all taste nasty to me at that time of day. lunch is usually one of the following 2/3 mug of Soup, chili, a piece of fish or other meat, then a pudding cup or yogurt and maybe a piece of munster cheese or a few mixed nuts. We bough a bunch of small Hormell microwave meals that have like 200 cals each and maybe twice a week have one of them for a change of pace. Supper is more of the same as lunch. About 3 or 4 times a week I drink one of those vile cheese whey Protein Shots. When we go out to eat we order ONE entree and split it, I eat about 1/3 and she 2/3rds and MANY times we can't finish ONE entree and have to take it home for the next day. One place we visit we can actually get 3 meals EACH from ONE entree - talk about portions being out of control!

I rarely snack as I just don't want it. I do eat 3 saltine crackers before lunch and supper as my stomach acid seems to flare up - my doc suggested this and the few cals and carbs it gives me are negligible.

Once or twice a week I indulge in a diet Dr. Pepper, the tangy taste is stronger than the sweet and it tastes fantastic to me. It takes me about an hour to down a can and I belch something fierce all that time. I really don't like sweets anymore and the few tiny tastes of sweet stuff I've had over the last 4 months taste really horrible to me. I prefer bitter and spicy stuff now.

I'm oping to be down in the low 200's by the end of summer, if I maintain the pace I have already it shouldn't be an issue, maybe even reach my weight goal of 180 pounds in a year, that'll be 195 pounds gone!

AWESOME Job!!!

that is such a great accomplishment! Isn't it great to have the sex drive back? My hubby doesn't know how to handle me now!!! You will make that 2nd part of your journey seem just as easy as the first part, you are such an inspiration to sao many on this board!!!

Keep up the great work!

Thats fantastic Root! Inspirational for sure.

First of all congratulations!!! What an achievement in such short time! You know about the photos I was/am the same, hardle any preop photos where I'm not hiding, and now even though I'm nearly 60lbs down I still hide without even realising! Good luck on the rest of your journey :P

Well having chest pain had a heart attack a year ago. So there going in to find out if I need a bypass I'm only 52. Wish me luck and I'll be back on don't forget about me!