Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all..Well I finally arrived in Tijuana after a very LONG flight from Atlanta through Phoenix then on to San Diego..I must say if at all possible please try to get a short flight back home because the flight over here was brutal enough.. Well as far as my experience so far. I was picked up at the airport by the driver Ricardo and yes you will ride in a little beat up looking Honda Accord but nevertheless I was so freakin tired, I would have rode on the back of a mule if necessary. When I arrived at the Oasis Hospital it was late because my flight didnt arrive in San Diego until 9:30pm so anyway I really couldnt get a good look at the hospital but once I got inside it appeared to be decent.. I was asked a few questions at the little receptionist desk then a nice young(handsome) fellow assigned me a room and off I went. Well now about the room thing, I absolutely DID NOT like the first room I was assigned to so I literally went from room to room picking out a decent room. The hospital is very clean and the nurses are very sweet ladies..One important thing to note..Most of the night nurses are not that fluent in english so you will have to just try and make the best of it. They know the basics but don't ask for too many things at once because you will get the I dont know what the heck you're talking about face..lol Ok I took a nap and I'm back..The nurse woke me up around 6:15 this morning to tell me to pee in the cup and I was thinking like can we do this at let's say around 9:00..lol because I was still very tired. Now fast forward..I got my IV line in and boy did that hurt!! I have very tiny rolling veins and plus I was very dehydrated so that did not go so well but now I'm sitting here with these tight compression stockings on just hanging out until around 3:00pm(thats my surgery time)..Dr. Kelly came and talked with me for a long time and explained everything that will happen and I guess he could tell I was super nervous so he ordered me a lil IV cocktail and now I feel pretty darn good..Dr. Kelly has such a nice persona..He is very compassionate and his concern is really for all of his patients to be successful with this operation..You will defintely feel like you made the right decision when choosing him as your surgeon. Well I can smell something delicious being prepared from the cafeteria and I can hardly stand it but I might as well get ready to forget the food and enjoy the wonderful taste of ICE chips, Water AND BROTH..yummy right..Ok guys i will post again after surgery..Can someone please come and hold my hand :(....One more thing, I just opened my blinds to see my view and wouldn't you know it.. I have a view of the cafeteria!!!..That's just plain wrong yall :angry:

Good luck!

Keep us posted! ~ Here's to a fast recovery!

Good luck!

I went there and had surgery with Dr. Kelly too. Uneventful, excellent experience. You are in good hands. :D

Love Dr Kelly!!! I was there Feb 17th and I have had such a good time of it, I don't even feel like I've had surgery.

This is great!

Best of Luck.

Thinking on you and excited to hear how the rest goes, it will be me in 2 weeks!

x

Just 2 more weeks to go? That's great, time is going by so fast! How are you feeling about your upcoming surgery? Nervous, excited or both?

Tracy

Hello all..Well I finally arrived in Tijuana after a very LONG flight from Atlanta through Phoenix then on to San Diego..I must say if at all possible please try to get a short flight back home because the flight over here was brutal enough.. Well as far as my experience so far. I was picked up at the airport by the driver Ricardo and yes you will ride in a little beat up looking Honda Accord but nevertheless I was so freakin tired, I would have rode on the back of a mule if necessary. When I arrived at the Oasis Hospital it was late because my flight didnt arrive in San Diego until 9:30pm so anyway I really couldnt get a good look at the hospital but once I got inside it appeared to be decent.. I was asked a few questions at the little receptionist desk then a nice young(handsome) fellow assigned me a room and off I went. Well now about the room thing, I absolutely DID NOT like the first room I was assigned to so I literally went from room to room picking out a decent room. The hospital is very clean and the nurses are very sweet ladies..One important thing to note..Most of the night nurses are not that fluent in english so you will have to just try and make the best of it. They know the basics but don't ask for too many things at once because you will get the I dont know what the heck you're talking about face..lol Ok I took a nap and I'm back..The nurse woke me up around 6:15 this morning to tell me to pee in the cup and I was thinking like can we do this at let's say around 9:00..lol because I was still very tired. Now fast forward..I got my IV line in and boy did that hurt!! I have very tiny rolling veins and plus I was very dehydrated so that did not go so well but now I'm sitting here with these tight compression stockings on just hanging out until around 3:00pm(thats my surgery time)..Dr. Kelly came and talked with me for a long time and explained everything that will happen and I guess he could tell I was super nervous so he ordered me a lil IV cocktail and now I feel pretty darn good..Dr. Kelly has such a nice persona..He is very compassionate and his concern is really for all of his patients to be successful with this operation..You will defintely feel like you made the right decision when choosing him as your surgeon. Well I can smell something delicious being prepared from the cafeteria and I can hardly stand it but I might as well get ready to forget the food and enjoy the wonderful taste of ICE chips, Water AND broth..yummy right..Ok guys i will post again after surgery..Can someone please come and hold my hand :(....One more thing, I just opened my blinds to see my view and wouldn't you know it.. I have a view of the cafeteria!!!..That's just plain wrong yall :angry:

How was your surgery? How are you feeling now? I hope all is well for you. I was there on the 1st and was very impressed with Dr Kelly. He did a wonderful job on me!

Tracy

Just 2 more weeks to go? That's great, time is going by so fast! How are you feeling about your upcoming surgery? Nervous, excited or both?

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

How has everything been? I was really calm but have started to get super nervous and worried that something is going to happen to me. I wish i didnt have all this time to think about it!

I'm with you Groove! 10 more days for me and I'm really beginning to get nervous! I'm having all kinds of crazy thoughts running through my head! I'm trying to get focused and concentrate on the things I need to get done before surgery. I hope the day comes, and goes, quickly! Are you doing your pre-op yet. I am, but I'm totally sucking at it!