Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uno, dos, nope . . . it's unolandia (onderland!)

Hi guys -- last Saturday, I made it to Onderland -- but then went up a pound and then am now back down -- so I'm calling it Onderland! :)

It's kinda funny, I'm thrilled that I'm no longer 200 something, but my eyes are so focused on the remaining 34 or so pounds that I feel almost like I'm checking something off of a list.

But in order to make myself enjoy this moment, here's a list of what I can do now and what has changed:

1. I can play 4 hours of golf in 95 degree weather, sweat, etc. and not die. :D

2. I tie my shoes by putting them up on my knee without thinking about it. (I just reminded my daughter about how she had to put on my shoes for me because I couldn't bend over and do it myself. - isn't that sad??)

3. I run up and down stairs without thinking about it.

4. I HATE sitting around (which is why I'm not online as much anymore)

5. I was forced to order size 12 jeans from Old navy because my 14 year old daughter said I looked ridiculous. sigh.

6. ahem . . . the bedroom stuff is great ;)

7. I have not been this size since I was 34 years old (13 years ago).

8. Construction guys hoot at me (don't really know how to deal with it, but heck I'll take it)

9. I was shopping for clothes online with my daughter and we were equally frustrated because the clothes we wanted didn't come in our sizes -- hers a 0 (yes, really) and mine a 12 -- but I was shopping for NORMAL CLOTHES!!

10. No one says I have a "pretty face" anymore -- they comment on how "good you look" :)

11. People do comment on my eating but it's to say, "She's a picky eater." rolleyes.gif

12. I feel normal for the first time in 2 decades -- seriously. I've been fat for 2 decades. My children don't remember me thin -- and my daughter keeps saying, "But Mom, you're thin now." Blows me away.

13. I don't hesitate to sit in plastic chairs.

14. I don't hesitate to climb on chairs.

15. I don't worry about scooting through tight places.

16. I am not the fattest in the room anymore.

I could go on and on -- it's really nice to take an accounting of what's changed -- but as Buzz Lightyear says, "To infinity and beyond!" or gotta keep on going!! :)

Before surgery:

206.JPG

Day after surgery:

077.JPG

078.JPG

Now (my birthday last week):

birthday310.jpg

How very wonderful! I'm so happy for you. . . it's darn tough but the rewards that come with this surgery is quite rewarding. . . love it! You do look really good and yes, you still have a pretty face!:rolleyes:

Absolutely wonderful ... thanks for sharing your journey with us! Truly an inspiration!

You look beautiful! Congrats! And I know what you mean - now that I am at goal, I am constantly "analyzing" "What's next?" And now I WORRY about regain! Ha! BUT I don't constantly think about food, I'm like you - active when I WANT to be (smile), and so blessed! Keep it up! 34lbs goes by fast!

Congratulations on Onderland (I like the spanish style of saying it too!;) )

Julie, you are simply radiant!!!! I'm so happy for you. If the past 104 lbs are any indication of how quickly you will lose the last 34, it will be here in a BLINK!!! You have done fantastic, thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Oh and SIZE 12??? OMG! So exciting!!!

Congratulations!!! You have worked so hard and have reaped the rewards. The sleeve is a wonderful tool. You are going to be at goal in no time. I think you look amazing in your birthday picture!

Congratulations Julie, you look great. We all go through most of the same but I want to add one thing to you great list....I can cross my legs again!!!!

Congratulations, happy birthday. You look beautiful and so happy.

I know I've already said this but CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!!!! You have done so darned amazing, and I'm super happy for you. You are *very* close to goal and you've gotten this far so fast, you'll be making a new post saying you've reached it in no time at all!

Big Hugs!!!!

This one deserves the BIG BANANA!!!!! :o

:bananahuge:

YOU GO YOU HOT MAMA! You are beautiful :)

Hey you!!!

I have to say this, but you didn't look anywhere near 300lb before the surgery... not sure if that is helpful or relevant!!

And WOW... you have done an amazing job and you look amazing too... I agree with Thin, you still have a pretty face!

Congrats on onderland and on your exceptional weightloss... keep up the good work.

I am looking forward to goal pics now! =]