Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sooooooo scared and anxious for Monday March 7th to come I feel like my heart might beat out of my chest! For all those who have gone through this already is this normal? I am looking forward to the changes to come but...............Wow I'm nervous!

Hi, I have surgery scheduled for 3/16 and I am not usually an anxious person but it invades my thoughts all the time. What you are feeling is perfectly normal. This is a life altering event. If you weren't anxious/nervous/somewhat afraid i would think that you haven't thought this all the way through. This surgery is not only anxiety provoking because it is surgery but also of its consequences. While losing weight is a great thing, it also changes your lifestyle and often mood. Good luck! Yeah to the March sleevers!

I'm a 3/16 too.. and I'm feeling it... I have moments which feel like the quiet before the storm and I have moments of jitters.

I just keep thinking about what things will be like in 6 months or even a year. Focus on how much more health you'll be soon!

Mine is 3/9 and I know EXACTLY how you feel. It's scary and exciting all at once!!!

Hi there-

I am scheduled 3/8 - I think I was the most anxious when I made the decision and set the date. I was having panic attacks, the whole nine yards. Now I have really calmed down. Time is going by quicker. I am very well prepared (bought my Isopure, some giant pajamas for the hospital, travel size toothpaste, etc) because to-do lists actually make me feel better. I feel like I am exerting some control over the situation by being prepared for all possibilities - I guess we all have our own brand of crazy :-) I asked the coordinator if I could take valium in the week before surgery, just in case I start to get ridiculously anxious. She said it was OK, and since then, I haven't really needed it...

I think it's completely normal to be nervous. This is a truly exciting adventure we are all going on!!

Good luck to you next week and be sure to reach out to us as soon as you are able so we can all keep up with each other's progress. There are a ton of us March sleevers, there is a lot of support here.

Lara

My surgery in 3/31 in Tijuana. I'm just a complete mess! I'm nervous, excited, anxious, and so on. I know it will increase my quality of life ten fold, but can't help but feel a little guilty, possibly even a little selfish. I'm a giver, and this is the first time I'm actually going to be giving to myself. Does that sound weird? Oh well, so be it. I'm going through with it. I'm sure the feelings of guilt will be short lived.

It is totally normal!!! I was just sleeved on February 21, and the amount of fear and anxiety I felt before is insane. I was so sure I was going to die on the table and not make it through! I did make it though, and you will too! Also, don't worry about taking things like toothpaste or pajamas. They'll give you everything you need for washing/brushing teeth, etc. but most people don't take a shower while they are in the hospital. I did brush my teeth a few times with their toothbrush and toothpaste and then I threw it away! You don't want to bring those hospital germs home with you. Also, don't feel like you need pajamas, because you have IV's on your arm and drains and all sorts of other stuff, and it is just way too complicated to be in anything other than a gown that is able to fasten over your shoulders. Good luck to all of you!

I'm scheduled for March 7th.Too. I'm not nervous or scared, just super excited. Feels like getting a really BIG present. ;) Good Luck to everyone!!!!!

Deb

Hello Fellow Sleevers! My date is March 10th...One week from today and I am so excited and I may also need a Xanex ;) To those of you that have had this would you please just remind us that the surgery itself wasn't too horrible and that the benefits far exceed many of our expectations?! This sounds crazy, but I am just searching to positive stories right now to help remain calm and focused. Can' wait to hear how you all do!

My Surgery is on Monday 3-7 and my nerves are really kicking in,,. will keep you all posted as soon as i get home on wednesday...not going to take the pc to the hospital...

You know I will tell you from experience. You have to keep telling yourself that you are doing this for you and your health..You have to close your eyes and take a walk into the unknown. I was soo nervous the day I went into surgery. I had to talk to the surgeon one more time and I asked him a couple of question and after that I closed my eyes and took a very deep breath. They put an Iv in and told my wife that I loved her and she told me I will see you in about 2 hours.. I am soo glad that I took the step in the unknown it has really made a different so far in my life..I am a dedicated sleever and I would do it 100 times over if I had..