Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 Pounds Down in less than 6 months -- It's a Beautiful Day!

Hey everyone!! :)

I'm all smiles because today I have lost 100.2 pounds!! I had wanted to "give" myself a birthday present of losing 100 pounds by my birthday but the present came 10 days early -- not that I'm complaining!

Here's a link to my YouTube celebration:

(Dance with me)

I hadn't posted my "Tell Your Story" up until today because I felt it was much like everyone else's -- but here goes a hopefully short, but sweet version:

I was always a thin kid -- I was active, but loved reading more (still do). I went off to college weighing 135 lbs at 5'9" -- soon gained the freshman 15, but that wasn't a big deal -- lost 10, then gained 20, then lost 25, then gained and graduated from college at 185.

I married my husband at age 23 at 175 pounds, and proceeded to continue to gain. We moved from Wisconsin to Washington, DC where I had no family and friends except for food (mainly ice cream and pie) -- by the time we moved to Venezuela, I weighed 220 lbs. and I was 25 years old.

Fast forward to 28 years old, I lost a bunch of weight, weighing about 170 and promptly got pregnant with my oldest son. (I had PCOS but didn't know it -- drs. thought it was a miracle I was pregnant at all).

Gained 70 pounds with my pregnancy. blink.gif Daniel weighed in at 10 1/2 pounds when he was born. I started law school when he was 5 months old -- and ate my way through it -- I was a size 24 when I graduated.

Because of PCOS and my weight, I was unable to have any more pregnancies. But, we moved to Guatemala in 1997, and we adopted a little girl (Susana) -- and then in 1998, we adopted a little boy (John). When John was about 2, I lost a bunch of weight, getting down to about 190 lbs.

Then my oldest was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and Asperger's Syndrome (on the Autism spectrum) -- he had been previously diagnosed with ADHD too. So that kind of sent our family into a tailspin. (In other words, I ate through it).

We came back to the States in 2002, and I worked as a lobbyist on Capitol Hill -- ate my way through the stress.

We moved to Nicaragua and I started to lose weight again, but not much -- I think I got down to about 240.

Then we moved back to the States in 2007. I began taking graduate courses for my teaching certificate and my husband was sent to Iraq. I ate again.

Then my husband came home, he was immediately posted to Paraguay, but I had a job, my oldest was a senior in HS, and so we decided to live in the States for one more year. It was then I ballooned up to past 300 (I really don't know how much, just that I was 304 when I went to the dr.'s office for my pre-op visit).

So in Sept. of 2010 about 2 months after moving down to Paraguay, I decided to get surgery -- as many of you have experienced, I tried everything: Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Slimfast, even the cookie diet! The only thing I didn't try was pills.

This was my last chance to be healthy and I'm almost there -- this is probably the greatest gift I have ever given to myself -- I have ME back again -- I haven't seen this Julie since I was 18 or 19 years old -- I am sooo thankful and I can't stress enough how having the surgery has changed my life!! And if you haven't had it yet, don't even hesitate -- it will change yours too!

Happy, beautiful day! :D

Wow, that's amazing. You are truly an inspiration. I am having my surgery on Thursday and am starting off around the same weight as you did. I hope to be as successful as you are! What is your secret? How much do you work out? What kind of things do you eat? I am so curious because I feel that I am going to be the only person that does this and loses like 5lbs a month, lol. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciate and congratulations on your loss. Again, it is truly amazing!

Julie,

What an amazing story! wow you have been around the block (world) a few times! I've only been out of the country three times and once was for my surgery! I am amazed at how you were able to go to law school with a 5 month old! Who cares how much weight you gained, you did it!!! DAMN GIRL!!!

You are only a few pounds away from onederland, and you will be there so soon we will be celebrating that next!!!!! you are going to be looking awesome in that bikini in the summer!!!

Great JOB!!!

Patti

Congratulations! And I mean for everything: living through all the moving from place to place, having three kids,.. having the surgery and getting closer to your goal day by day! It is a great birthday gift! You are an inspiration for all of us!

That is wonderful. What an accomplishment in such a short amount of time!!! You are an inspiration!!!

Julie - I love you girlie!

I always watch your update videos and you inspire me! I will get my dancing shoes on later today when I get home from work and I intend to dance with you - to Celebrate your 100 lbs, your wonderfully inspiring attitude you give us all HOPE and inspiration!

Your beautiful smile makes me smile and I hope to do a similar dance this summer! I have 39 more pounds till I reach my goal. While it's not a 100 pounds that I had to lose - each and every pound gone helps me gain new confidence and happiness. So thank you for sharing your story, your videos and your life with us!

And Happy Birthday next week. Celebrate your success and enjoy the day! You are an amazing woman!

Kim

:Banane04: :Banane04:

:Banane03:

Congrats!!!!! Awesome Job!!!:teeth_smile:

Now what are you doing????? I am 14 weeks post op and only down 30 pounds, what am I doing wrong?

I have not touched bread, rice or potatoes, I exercise and still 30 lousy pounds in 14 weeks.

Yeah Julia!!!!! You're so inspiring!!!! You're really doing such an amazing job, I'm soooo happy for you!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Julie, awesome job girl! You have had quite a journey. I am glad you shared it with us. What a blessing this will be to all those who read it!

And Happy Birthday, pray the day is filled with blessings.

Julie !! Awesome Awesome job - you are an exceptional inspiration to all of us sleevers! Thanks for all the great posts its what keeps me going . Diane- sleeved 2/14/11. First post-op Drs. apt. today to see how I am doing. I am hoping evertything is going well and am excited to see how much I lost.

Thanks for sharing: very inspiring!

Hey everyone!! :)

I'm all smiles because today I have lost 100.2 pounds!! I had wanted to "give" myself a birthday present of losing 100 pounds by my birthday but the present came 10 days early -- not that I'm complaining!

Here's a link to my YouTube celebration:

(Dance with me)

I hadn't posted my "Tell Your Story" up until today because I felt it was much like everyone else's -- but here goes a hopefully short, but sweet version:

I was always a thin kid -- I was active, but loved reading more (still do). I went off to college weighing 135 lbs at 5'9" -- soon gained the freshman 15, but that wasn't a big deal -- lost 10, then gained 20, then lost 25, then gained and graduated from college at 185.

I married my husband at age 23 at 175 pounds, and proceeded to continue to gain. We moved from Wisconsin to Washington, DC where I had no family and friends except for food (mainly ice cream and pie) -- by the time we moved to Venezuela, I weighed 220 lbs. and I was 25 years old.

Fast forward to 28 years old, I lost a bunch of weight, weighing about 170 and promptly got pregnant with my oldest son. (I had PCOS but didn't know it -- drs. thought it was a miracle I was pregnant at all).

Gained 70 pounds with my pregnancy. blink.gif Daniel weighed in at 10 1/2 pounds when he was born. I started law school when he was 5 months old -- and ate my way through it -- I was a size 24 when I graduated.

Because of PCOS and my weight, I was unable to have any more pregnancies. But, we moved to Guatemala in 1997, and we adopted a little girl (Susana) -- and then in 1998, we adopted a little boy (John). When John was about 2, I lost a bunch of weight, getting down to about 190 lbs.

Then my oldest was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and Asperger's Syndrome (on the Autism spectrum) -- he had been previously diagnosed with ADHD too. So that kind of sent our family into a tailspin. (In other words, I ate through it).

We came back to the States in 2002, and I worked as a lobbyist on Capitol Hill -- ate my way through the stress.

We moved to Nicaragua and I started to lose weight again, but not much -- I think I got down to about 240.

Then we moved back to the States in 2007. I began taking graduate courses for my teaching certificate and my husband was sent to Iraq. I ate again.

Then my husband came home, he was immediately posted to Paraguay, but I had a job, my oldest was a senior in HS, and so we decided to live in the States for one more year. It was then I ballooned up to past 300 (I really don't know how much, just that I was 304 when I went to the dr.'s office for my pre-op visit).

So in Sept. of 2010 about 2 months after moving down to Paraguay, I decided to get surgery -- as many of you have experienced, I tried everything: Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Slimfast, even the cookie diet! The only thing I didn't try was pills.

This was my last chance to be healthy and I'm almost there -- this is probably the greatest gift I have ever given to myself -- I have ME back again -- I haven't seen this Julie since I was 18 or 19 years old -- I am sooo thankful and I can't stress enough how having the surgery has changed my life!! And if you haven't had it yet, don't even hesitate -- it will change yours too!

Happy, beautiful day! :D