Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Kelly, TJ, April 4th/5th

i am scheduled march 4th with dr. kelly. what is your date?

My surgery is scheduled March 1st but I will be there from Feb. 28 - March 10 because I am having some dental work done as well. So I will see you there! Do you know which hotel you are staying at? I will be at the Lucerna.

Can't wait to meet you there!

Tracy

My sister had her leak test today and came through with flying colors. We had to go to the other hospital Dr. Kelly use to use to have the leak test and the road was really bumpy getting there and it did not phase my sister.

We are at the Lucerene Hotel and there is no air. They have the heat on right now since it's in the high 50's. We have the door open right now to cool the room down and there is a four lane roundabout outside the door so it's a bit loud. I am hoping the noise dies down tonight so I can get some sleep since I have been sleeping in a recliner for the last two nights. This hotel is good and everyone is very nice.

On my sister. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea that we were unhappy with Dr. Kelly or Trish. First, Dr. Kelly is an excellent surgeon and he really cares for his patients and does the best for them. Now for Trish. I don't even know where to start. Trish is an angel. She does everything she can to make people happy and help the patient and their family.

The problem we had with the nurse and translation was only for one day and the first night and then on we had no problems we could communicate with the nurse and I wish I would have gotten her name she was really good.

The main thing I wanted to share was find out what medication Dr. Kelly uses and make sure if you know there is a problem with it you get it taken care of before you get there. My sister thinks all her problems were the antibiotics. Once she didn't take it anymore her nausea was done. My sister knew that Zofran doesn't work for her and that is the med Dr. Kelly uses. It's not his fault the med doesn't work for her. It is the med he uses. If she would have known the meds he used maybe she could have let him know and he might have been able to get something else for her. I don't know.

Please don't be discouraged by what has happened to my sister everyone is different.

My surgery is scheduled March 1st but I will be there from Feb. 28 - March 10 because I am having some dental work done as well. So I will see you there! Do you know which hotel you are staying at? I will be at the Lucerna.

Can't wait to meet you there!

Tracy

hi tracy, my niece and i will be there on the 4th and will be at lucerna 6th and 7th. we are from the dallas-ft worth area. see ya, best wishws for surgery. barb

Hi everyone, I am the sister that Terri has been talking about.

I just want to let you guys know that the communication issue we had was that when I asked what medications they were administering all they would tell me is antibiotic or acid medicine or nausea. What I wanted to know is the name of the medication. I have huge issues with antibiotics and most of them I receive in the states I have an adverse reaction to. So I was trying to find out what they were giving and they couldn't tell me.

My experience at the hospital was not a bad one except for the quality of the bed and the lack of knowledge of medication names. I did ask Trish to buy me a foam mattress topper which she gladly did. It was on my bed and ready for me when I got out of surgery. It made a huge difference. I suggest you give her some money and ask her to do the same, you will rest much more comfortably.

Once I figured out it was the meds making me vomit, I told the nurse and she slowed down the drip and it subsided almost completely. I still threw up even at the Lucerna. Certain smells would set it off and we were standing right near the restaurant and that made me sick. I had also just finished the last dose of antibiotic.

My overall experience was not too bad. I am not sorry I did this surgery the way I did it. I am happy with my sleeve.

I love Dr. Kelly and Trish. And Dr. Kelly's son, Sam is amazing as well. I do not know how Trish juggles everything she does for everyone. The woman is non-stop and never thinks about herself.

And since my pre-op diet 7 days before surgery, I am down 15.7 lbs.

Donna