Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Kelly, TJ, April 4th/5th

Unfortunately, I'm going 1 month earlier : (

I have been trying to find someone going when I am going as well because i will be alone. So far I haven't had any luck but I still have 1 week left to find a "buddy".

Do you know how long of a flight will you be taking when you go? Luckily I will be flying from Texas so it wont be too long for me.

Tracy

Hey,

Yeah its a pretty long flight, but im breaking it up and upgraded so i have more space to move about. Ill do 4 hours then rest then do the long one 13 hours the next day. Trying to not to worry about it and be really positive.

I think a lot of people book last min so you still have a few weeks to find someone!

I am sitting at the clinic Dr. Kelly does his surgery right now. My sister had surgery last night at 8 pm PST. I have to question now the care you get in the clinic over here. I had my sleeve done a little over 7 weeks and the care I got in the US was much better. My sister has been dry heaving all night long and they say it's normal. In the US they did not want me to throw up and they gave me meds to stop the nausea.

My sister and I do not speak spanish so it is very difficult to communicate with the nurses. If you are coming over here bring a translator if you don't speak spanish and bring your own meds. It has been a very long and painful night.

Wow, this is really unbelieveable. I'm sorry your sister is having such a bad time.

I was sleeved by Dr Kelly 15 days ago. I threw up once shortly after I woke up from my surgery, they came in and gave me anti-nausea thru IV port. From then on they were in my room every 4 hours injecting anti-nausea into my IV. I find it hard to believe that they are letting your sister continue to dry heave. I never ever had to ask for it again. Also pain meds. I never once had to ask for pain meds, they were medicating me like clockwork with anti nausea, pain meds and something to protect my stomach, until I had my IV removed the morning of my discharge.

My mom and I also do not speak spanish and we had no trouble communicating with the nurses. I'm not sure why you are having such a rough time of it. You had better speak with Dr Kelly or Trish when they come in to see you. This is not right and it is not typical of any experiences that anyone has ever reported coming from Dr Kelly.

I hope this gets better for your sister.

I am sitting at the clinic Dr. Kelly does his surgery right now. My sister had surgery last night at 8 pm PST. I have to question now the care you get in the clinic over here. I had my sleeve done a little over 7 weeks and the care I got in the US was much better. My sister has been dry heaving all night long and they say it's normal. In the US they did not want me to throw up and they gave me meds to stop the nausea.

My sister and I do not speak spanish so it is very difficult to communicate with the nurses. If you are coming over here bring a translator if you don't speak spanish and bring your own meds. It has been a very long and painful night.

There are no phones in the rooms so if you need to call someone while you are here, you will need to bring your cellphone.

From hearing all the other stories people are talking about their experience here they must have not had any complications or problems. There is another woman in here that was as sick as my sister has been and she is not real happy either.

I don't want anyone to get the idea that Trish and Dr. Kelly are not wonderful because they are. I guess since I am from the US and know the kind of care you should get with the surgery having it in a bariatric hospital the clinic my sister is in now does not compare to the care you get in the US.

All the people in the clinic now are not large. They probably have a BMI of 30-35. My sister has a BMI of 41 and the beds are not made for large people. When she sits on the mattress is smashes all the way down to the metal frame. Very uncomfortable.

Well its imperative that you get your sister comfortable. If i was you i would try to speak to dr kelly directly and raise your concers, there must be a hospital pay phone that you can use?

Dr. Kelly came in this morning and I guess was briefed on my sister condition and came in the room thinking she wanted pain meds and he informed us he does not give narcotics. We then had to tell him she was not in any pain she was nauseated. He left the room came back to tell my sister she needed to get up and walk. The nurse came in as soon as he left with nausea meds.

It looks like the clinic is full on the baratric side and I guess everytime he gets a break he pops his head into check on my sister. He is an excellent physician.

I don't want to discourage anyone from using Dr. Kelly or this clinic. Everyone is very nice and they try to be as helpful as they can. Just make sure the meds they administer in the clinic work for you.

My sister is not in any pain. I didn't feel this was a painful surgery. I think the major thing is how your body handles being put to sleep and pain meds.

I think she is finally getting better with the nausea. She is suppose to have her leak test tomorrow and we will move to a hotel here in Tijuana then we go home on Sunday.

Unfortunately, I'm going 1 month earlier : (

I have been trying to find someone going when I am going as well because i will be alone. So far I haven't had any luck but I still have 1 week left to find a "buddy".

Do you know how long of a flight will you be taking when you go? Luckily I will be flying from Texas so it wont be too long for me.

Tracy

Hi Teri, I am SHOCKED, I just came back from TJ last Sunday. Dr.Kelly had me on medicaton every few hours for pain and nausea. I have to say I don't speak spanish and went alone and had NO promblem with the staff. AND I also have a sister that have her surgery in the US and she is getting her charts to go and see Dr.Kelly. I ask you to call Trish. I am really sorry your sister is in pain. I hope she feels better,my prayers...

Could the other posters who have been to dr kelly let us know about how their pain was managed? Has the nausea meds helped your sister? thanfully she has you there!

YES, YOU CAN READ MY REPLY ABOVE, I AM SHOCKED... I DON'T UNDERSTAND, MEDS WERE ALWAYS GIVEN,NEVER HAD TO ASK....I SPEAK NO SPANISH AND WENT ALONE,I HAD NO TROUBLE!!!