Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ate out for the first time since surgery

genepha
Sign in to follow this  

This is a bit of a repost from my blog:

We met some friends at a phenomenal Mexican restaurant with a huge menu. The smells were amazing and I admit, for a moment, I was bummed I couldn't devour my usual basket of tortilla chips, salsa, 3-4 tortillas, 3-4 drinks plus my entree. I am supposed to be mainly on liquids until tomorrow so I ordered Caldo de Res, a vegetable/beef stew with broth. We were there with friends and 1 of my good friends knows I had the band and that I was planning on having plication. She was pretty amazed at how I was able to get around relatively well, considering. Anyway I really enjoyed sitting with friends and my family, enjoying their company. I sipped my broth and didn't feel weird or excluded or anything. I did take a bite or two of some super mashed, refried Beans and a bite of the egg off a chili relleno, which were out-of-this-world!!! Other than that, I was pretty much on track.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuVsfBP/]

weight.png

[/url]

AWESOME isn't a GOOD FEELING knowing you CAN go out to EAT! I think that is what I'm MOST EXCITED about. Can't eat much but just knowing you have the option! I ALSO LOVE the way the waiter/waitress looks at me when I (THE FAT GIRL) orders off the childrens menu and then has to ask for a to go box! LOL One waiter said you didn't like your food...I told him yes I did...I'm just FULL but thank you for asking! LOL No need to tell him I had WLS! LOL This week I tried Wonton Soup and OMG I WISH I would have had some of it during my liquid STAGE it was SO SO GOOD....from P F CHANGS....took MOST of it home so I've had 3 more meals off of it!!

AWESOME isn't a GOOD FEELING knowing you CAN go out to EAT! I think that is what I'm MOST EXCITED about. Can't eat much but just knowing you have the option! I ALSO LOVE the way the waiter/waitress looks at me when I (THE FAT GIRL) orders off the childrens menu and then has to ask for a to go box! LOL One waiter said you didn't like your food...I told him yes I did...I'm just FULL but thank you for asking! LOL No need to tell him I had WLS! LOL This week I tried Wonton Soup and OMG I WISH I would have had some of it during my LIQUID STAGE it was SO SO GOOD....from P F CHANGS....took MOST of it home so I've had 3 more meals off of it!!

What kind of surgery did you have? And when, how much weight lost?

This is a bit of a repost from my blog:

We met some friends at a phenomenal Mexican restaurant with a huge menu. The smells were amazing and I admit, for a moment, I was bummed I couldn't devour my usual basket of tortilla chips, salsa, 3-4 tortillas, 3-4 drinks plus my entree. I am supposed to be mainly on liquids until tomorrow so I ordered Caldo de Res, a vegetable/beef stew with broth. We were there with friends and 1 of my good friends knows I had the band and that I was planning on having plication. She was pretty amazed at how I was able to get around relatively well, considering. Anyway I really enjoyed sitting with friends and my family, enjoying their company. I sipped my broth and didn't feel weird or excluded or anything. I did take a bite or two of some super mashed, refried Beans and a bite of the egg off a chili relleno, which were out-of-this-world!!! Other than that, I was pretty much on track.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuVsfBP/]

weight.png

[/url]

Dang girl! You are only like a week out right? You are doing great out moving around!

Olivia,

Yup, 6 days today. I had hernia repair in August which was horrible so I think I'm just reacting to this surgery WAAAAY better. I was expecting to be bed ridden for the 1st week. I have 2 small kiddos at home, a husband and a broken washing machine so I'm trying my best to relax and rest, but the world has other ideas!

The first 3 days I was pretty much in bed, except for my walks around the house or to my neighbors. I slept quite a bit too the first few days. I feel about 60% today. I think I did too much though and now I'm feeling a bit sore in my tummy.

Right now, I'm trying to eat about 2 ounces of pureed chicken tortilla Soup. I ate lunch around 1-2 pm and was pretty full until now, about 8 pm. I've made it about 1/4 of the way through the soup and decided to wait a bit longer!! It's kinda crazy (in a good way) but I keep reminding myself my tummy is still pretty swollen.

Olivia, On Tuesday I will be out 5 weeks and I've lost 42 pounds....20 pounds on my two week liquid diet before surgery and 22 since my surgery...Tuesday the 15th will be 5 weeks out....I had the Gastric Sleeve and I LOVE IT!!!

Olivia,

Yup, 6 days today. I had hernia repair in August which was horrible so I think I'm just reacting to this surgery WAAAAY better. I was expecting to be bed ridden for the 1st week. I have 2 small kiddos at home, a husband and a broken washing machine so I'm trying my best to relax and rest, but the world has other ideas!

The first 3 days I was pretty much in bed, except for my walks around the house or to my neighbors. I slept quite a bit too the first few days. I feel about 60% today. I think I did too much though and now I'm feeling a bit sore in my tummy.

Right now, I'm trying to eat about 2 ounces of pureed chicken tortilla Soup. I ate lunch around 1-2 pm and was pretty full until now, about 8 pm. I've made it about 1/4 of the way through the soup and decided to wait a bit longer!! It's kinda crazy (in a good way) but I keep reminding myself my tummy is still pretty swollen.

I also have two little ones and a husband so I am quite worried about what life has to throw at me once I get back home! Glad to hear you are coping well. So excited for you, really!

Olivia, On Tuesday I will be out 5 weeks and I've lost 42 pounds....20 pounds on my two week liquid diet before surgery and 22 since my surgery...Tuesday the 15th will be 5 weeks out....I had the Gastric Sleeve and I LOVE IT!!!

Holy Smokes! You have lost a ton of weight! Boy I have tried to do the 9 day liquid diet and have had to eat one meal over the last few days. I don't know how you made it two weeks! Good for you on your weight loss!

Please, please make sure you have someone to look after your little ones for the first 3 or 4 days. We have a nanny and I came home on Tuesday night so she was here Wed, Thurs and Fri during the day to help me. I couldn't have done it witout her because my DH went back to work. Plus I'm not supposed to lift them which is always hard.

My kids are 2 and 4. How old are yours?

I also have two little ones and a husband so I am quite worried about what life has to throw at me once I get back home! Glad to hear you are coping well. So excited for you, really!

Please, please make sure you have someone to look after your little ones for the first 3 or 4 days. We have a nanny and I came home on Tuesday night so she was here Wed, Thurs and Fri during the day to help me. I couldn't have done it witout her because my DH went back to work. Plus I'm not supposed to lift them which is always hard.

My kids are 2 and 4. How old are yours?

Mine are 5 and 7 so a little older although I homeschool them so they are here all the time, and sadly no nanny for me! Did you have surgery in Mexico? I am and will be returning home on Friday. I figure I will have a day or two in MX for some recovery and then my mother in law will be here until Monday after I get back. Hopefully that will be enough time to get moving! If you did have surgery in Mexico, did you have cell phone coverage?

Olivia, I have a LOT to lose!! My Doctor let me eat 3 meals...in three days that is...before surgery....the day before ONLY CLEAR LIQUIDS!!! I gained a lot of weight over the holidays so I think that is why I lost so much the first 2 weeks. LOL

BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO LIFT OVER 10 POUNDS!!! On my 3 week I was doing GREAT...then I FORGOT and pick up about 25 pounds and PAID for it. I was HURTING so bad I had to leave work and come home and take a pain pill and use my heating pad. I called my doctor but because of the weather they were closed for 4 days. THANK GOD it only lasted that day but I've been VERY CAREFUL since then!!! I went to a Wedding this weekend and danced two fast dances was SORE the next day! I'm STILL HEALING this far out so BE VERY CAREFUL!!

Olivia, I have a LOT to lose!! My Doctor let me eat 3 meals...in three days that is...before surgery....the day before ONLY CLEAR LIQUIDS!!! I gained a lot of weight over the holidays so I think that is why I lost so much the first 2 weeks. LOL

BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO LIFT OVER 10 POUNDS!!! On my 3 week I was doing GREAT...then I FORGOT and pick up about 25 pounds and PAID for it. I was HURTING so bad I had to leave work and come home and take a pain pill and use my heating pad. I called my doctor but because of the weather they were closed for 4 days. THANK GOD it only lasted that day but I've been VERY CAREFUL since then!!! I went to a Wedding this weekend and danced two fast dances was SORE the next day! I'm STILL HEALING this far out so BE VERY CAREFUL!!

Thanks for the advice, I can use every bit of it!