Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very concerned

I am to be sleeved on march 15 th. My Dr (Dr. Nick) requires the pre op diet 2 weeks prior. I want to try to do it 4 weeks prior just to help with discipline. My biggest concern is the post op diet. I have been reading others talk about how hard it is on the liquid diet. Most of you guys talk about the clear broths or Soup but you also mention things like Jello, yogurt, pudding and even shakes. Dr. Nick says the clear liquid diet is for the first 21 days, but the difference is he said if it does not flow through a strainer it's not allowed. This will mean that jello, yogurt, pudding and shakes are not allowed. I wont even be able to have creamed soup. How will I live on just liquid, no substance, and not getting to chew anything for over half a month? Won't I feel like I'm starving and have no energy due to lack of nutrition? After 21 days I get to start mushy foods like jello, pudding, shakes, and creamed Soups. This stage will also last 20 something days. Then I get to start add some solid foods. I will be 40 some odd days before I get to chew again. Has anyone found this to be difficult. What do you do to overcome it? I would say that I am a food addict and soup has never been something I would choose to eat on purpose, now I will be faced with the fact that I have to have soup (broth) for every meal. I think I'm am going to really hate soup after this. I am determined though so trying my best to overcome this fear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

well first of all most Protein Shakes can be passed through a strainer..The raw state of Jello can go through a strainer..Now yougurt is not a clear. but Soup broth chicken noodle broth,vegtable soup broth and sugar free popcicles are in liquid states concidered clear.. Powerade zero, Water decafinated tea or coffe considered clear.. But if you have any question get a list of what you doctor considers clears.. My docs say that water, Decaf tea,decafcoffee, chicken noodle soup broth,vegtable soup broth,jello,are all clears.. But mostly anything that can be put through a strainer in it original state..It is not as bad as you think. It is hard but you can do it..I would do it again tomarrow.. My doc considers yogurt and sugar free pudding as a thick liquid and monday I go to thick liquids..I have been on Clears for 4 weeks now..I know it sucks but it is worth it 100 times over to me...good luck

The liquid diet for me was very difficult for the first couple of days,mentally I mean!i wanted to chew something in the worst worst way...but you can do it!!!youll find your body will adjust itself and you'll become used to it.post op I was on Clear Liquids a week,then Protein shakes week 2...my body handled it just fine.as far as nutrients goes you'll be taking Vitamins as soon as you can and that will give you what you need!

One trick I learned pre op to kind of fill me up a bit more is I put my Protein shake in the blender and added some ice!it was good!doubled the size of the shake and fills you up more!just a suggestion...goodluck!hope I helped at all or at least answered any questions

A lot of people have trouble getting anything down for a few days and aren't even hungry It's not usually a problem.

You'll have to find some kind of Protein you can tolerate while you're on the clear stage. It's the Protein that keeps you from getting hungry. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury makes a chicken Soup broth that I believe has 25 grams of protein. There's also Isopure, which is 40 grams per bottle.

A lot of people have trouble getting anything down for a few days and aren't even hungry It's not usually a problem.

You'll have to find some kind of Protein you can tolerate while you're on the clear stage. It's the Protein that keeps you from getting hungry. unjury makes a chicken Soup broth that I believe has 25 grams of protein. There's also isopure' date=' which is 40 grams per bottle.[/quote']

Where do they sell Unjury? I can't find it.

You have to buy it online. just google it.