Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guess it's time to start telling my story.....

Hi,

My name is Tracy and I posted a bit in the general questions section when I was just beginning this process and I think I did an intro post...something about being in my forties married with 3 kids, been fat nearly all my life...blah, blah, blah. I started looking into wls years ago and chickened out many times. When I got pregnant with my second child and had gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia and got up to 340 pounds my husband agreed to look into surgery again after I was finished with children. Well, after kidlet #3 I lost 80 pounds so I was all back into the I can do it myself mode. Fast forward 3 years and I now have full blown diabetes and am in the earliest stages of kidney disease.a

I was diagnosed as a diabetic on September 3, 2010. I went to the very next available seminar. On Friday, January 21, I got the call from my surgeon's office saying I was approved and that my surgery was scheduled for the 28th of February! I decided it was time to stop lurking and become a regular poster. This community is so full of kind and helpful people, I hope to be able to return the favor.

Welcome to the club, sounds like this might just save your kids mommy! You will love it. You will feel so much better.

Welcome to the board.

I couldn't help but to giggle at this "been fat nearly all my life, blah, blah, blah" because most of us have such a similar story, right? I think the sleeve will resolve (hopefully) many of your health issues. Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Hi,

My name is Tracy and I posted a bit in the general questions section when I was just beginning this process and I think I did an intro post...something about being in my forties married with 3 kids, been fat nearly all my life...blah, blah, blah. I started looking into wls years ago and chickened out many times. When I got pregnant with my second child and had gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia and got up to 340 pounds my husband agreed to look into surgery again after I was finished with children. Well, after kidlet #3 I lost 80 pounds so I was all back into the I can do it myself mode. Fast forward 3 years and I now have full blown diabetes and am in the earliest stages of kidney disease.a

I was diagnosed as a diabetic on September 3, 2010. I went to the very next available seminar. On Friday, January 21, I got the call from my surgeon's office saying I was approved and that my surgery was scheduled for the 28th of February! I decided it was time to stop lurking and become a regular poster. This community is so full of kind and helpful people, I hope to be able to return the favor.

Hi Tracy,

I am about a minute away from getting diabetes myself. In fact having a scare last year is what helped me make the decision to have surgery (anticipated this spring). I hope your procedure will eliminate all symptoms for you and you can come off your meds. Good luck

Welcome !!! This site is a great place to find all sorts of helpful tips and quick answers. Good Luck on your journey.

Welcome! We are so glad you are here. This place is so supportive and when no one else understands, you can come here for friends to talk to. I am so excited for you!

Guess it's my time... I also have been poking around for a while. Started posting about hair loss etc. but now it's time for me to come out of the pantry and do as you have done and introduce myself.

I've been wondering if i'm doing the right thing but I can't find any regrets that out weight the positive.

I will have to pay for my surgery so I will not have to go thru all the formalities that most have to with insurance so my surgery date may be near yours. I hope to see more of you as you venture into this new life and new beginning.

Stay tuned.... biggrin.gif

I was diagnosed as a borderline diabetic almost 20 years ago. I controlled it by diet until 2 years ago. I ended up on metformin. Last year they doubled by dose. I was sleeved Dec 1st. I was able to discontinue my medication while on my presurgery diet-mine was very low carb. I had one insulin shot while in the hospital due to the iv fluids. I have not taken any medication since. I will be checking with my pcp next month for my A1C but I am feeling so much better. This was the best decision of my life.