Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Sleevers!

Hi all!

My surgery was the 28th. I'm down 37 pounds. I'm having trouble with the Proteins. I'm hoping now that food is getting a little more interesting to me I can start getting more through my food. I need to work harder at getting all my Fluid. Over all, all is good and I'm excited for the loss. I'm mostly just tired....but I know that's because I'm not getting everything (calories, Protein and fluids) that I need. BUT I'm working on it!

I was sleeved on 12/6/10 and have lost 33 pounds, so far. I've had the worst time finding a Protein drink that I could tolerate - just don't like thick drinks unless it's a peach shake from Chick-fil-A (won't go there again). I will move to "normal" foods on Jan 31st (my doctor insists on full liquids for 2 weeks followed by 6 weeks of mushy food). I have noticed stalls for a few days and suddenly I'm down 2 pounds. I've noticed that I can eat a bit more than I did a couple of weeks ago. I've not been hungry physically, more head hunger. I found out very quickly that I wanted flavor over quantity so I began having meals that had strong flavors such as chili, fajita chicken and shrimp, pinto and black Beans. I haven't had any problems with most foods but found that many of the sweet stuff I thought I might enjoy were no longer favorites. I look forward to adding nuts, berries and some bread (I love Fiber One products) to my diet.

I've purchased a Body Media monitor ( www.bodymedia.com ) to keep track of information such as number of steps, calories burned, even number of hours I've slept. Many vendors sell them, costco and Bestbuy to name a couple. My friend suggested I try it out - she said it's kept her motivated to move throughout the day.

Good luck to everyone - and, thank you, everyone, for posting your stories. You inspire me the most!

Hey! I was sleeved on December 20th.

To date I have lost 52 pounds or so. I'm currently in a small stall. But, I'm having issues with Protein. I'm hoping my nectar samples come in TOMORROW. And, that will be fixed :)

I just started to work out other than walking.. so I'm hoping to break this tiny stall soon!

I was sleeved on dec 27th and 1 week in the hospital and having a slow start. Lost 16 lbs so far. I am on mushies and getting about 67-70g of Protein. Not cleared for exericse yet. I am just waiting.

The only Protein Drink I can finish is the Atkins vanilla shake(if you leave it in the freezer a little tastes like a vanilla shake) and the one I mentioned above. I tried a powder similar to crystal light but with 20grams of Protein and it tasted like I was drinking metal in liquid form...ugh! I am getting into my own shakes more. Another nice treat I have found is freezing 1/2 banana with a popsicle stiff through, tastes like ice cream and packs lots of potassium, no protein however. I can eat and tolerate 1/2 chicken breast grilled with olive oil and I have tried a spoon of spanish rice, don't like the way it feels like a ball of starch stuck. The mushies are the best, you can add so much stuff and then just blend it. I can eat 3 meat balls but honestly the meatballs I bought are not that great. eggs for some reason are very very filling to me I cannot eat 2 boiled eggs even in micro pieces I always boil 2 and my kids end up eating the other one. Don't know if you guys heard of melba crackers, they are small low cals, low glycemic index, and I eat mine with liver pate, that sounds gross but liver if you look it up has lots and lots of great things in it one being zinc, Iron, protein...

In my fridge you'll find:

Refried beans

Cheese(cracker barrel)

sour Cream

Liver Pate

SF pudim

Eggs

Atkins Vanilla Shakes

1(left)EAS shake chocolate 40g of protein in each(not my favorite)

Grilled chicken breasts

Meat Balls-turkey and sausage(microwave w/ some cheese on top yummy!)

Greek Yougurt-Chobani w/fruit not plain(sorry)

Papaya

Avocado(which by the way I crave like crazy!)

This is how I am surviving! :)

cool.gifHi I am wondering about all my Dec 2010 sleeve brothers/sisters if you are out there "please stand up"! I would love to share tips and learn some from you, how are you progressing on your journey?

I was sleeved 12/10. I mostly feel great. I am happy that I have lost 24 pounds already. So today was the last egg for awhile. My husband was sleeved four weeks ahead of me. When we go out to dinner, we share one chicken breast and potatoe (mashed or baked) and usually have left-overs! Our instructions were not as strict as some on here, so I had one week of liquid, then started mushies and progressed to chicken fairly quickly. I wanted to chew! But, very careful about small amounts abd chewing well. I am finding eggs aren't working for me. On Sundays, before church our family goes to Breakfast and part of the egg fills me up too much, and I don't feel well for awhile. My big problem is thta I eat too fast -- old bad habit that I am trying to break. When I was first sleeved, I had ot slow down, it would take me a half hour to eat a half cup of Soup, including two trips to reheat in the microwave. Now that I can eat a bit more, I forget sometimes and eat too fast. I get the hiccups, so I know I have done it to myself!

One other small problem - zero excercise - I hurt my knee just after Christmas and have to have the torn miniscus fixed - Feb 3. After that, I plan to walk at lunch with coworkers. This week, my daughters and I are going to fit swimming in 2 times.

I am a huge advocate for the sleeve! I know I can do this and I know I will be healthier!

The only Protein drink I can finish is the Atkins vanilla shake(if you leave it in the freezer a little tastes like a vanilla shake) and the one I mentioned above. I tried a powder similar to crystal light but with 20grams of Protein and it tasted like I was drinking metal in liquid form...ugh! I am getting into my own shakes more. Another nice treat I have found is freezing 1/2 banana with a popsicle stiff through, tastes like ice cream and packs lots of potassium, no protein however. I can eat and tolerate 1/2 chicken breast grilled with olive oil and I have tried a spoon of spanish rice, don't like the way it feels like a ball of starch stuck. The mushies are the best, you can add so much stuff and then just blend it. I can eat 3 meat balls but honestly the meatballs I bought are not that great. eggs for some reason are very very filling to me I cannot eat 2 boiled eggs even in micro pieces I always boil 2 and my kids end up eating the other one. Don't know if you guys heard of melba crackers, they are small low cals, low glycemic index, and I eat mine with liver pate, that sounds gross but liver if you look it up has lots and lots of great things in it one being zinc, Iron, protein...

In my fridge you'll find:

Refried Beans

Cheese(cracker barrel)

sour Cream

Liver Pate

SF pudim

Eggs

Atkins Vanilla Shakes

1(left)EAS shake chocolate 40g of protein in each(not my favorite)

Grilled chicken breasts

Meat Balls-turkey and sausage(microwave w/ some cheese on top yummy!)

Greek Yougurt-Chobani w/fruit not plain(sorry)

Papaya

Avocado(which by the way I crave like crazy!)

This is how I am surviving! :)

LOVE your list :) Think Im gonna try some meatballs w spaghetti sauce and maybe some cheese - sounds so good! Also maybe some turkey chili :)

In my fridge right now:

tuna salad w low fat mayo

chopped up slow cooker chicken

whole black olives - yum!

carbmaster lowfat yogurt

fat free cottage cheese

Laughing Cow light cheese

Muscle Milk light

SF FF chocolate pudding mixed w a little PB

SF Jello

2 hard boiled eggs

guacamole (just avocado, Tomato and lemon)

Deli turkey slices

I love to cook but right now Im trying to stick w the basics. I find it so hard to get into a recipe and make a bunch of food, then just have to toss it a few days later, cause I hate leftovers.

On another note, yesterday I saw an episode of Everyday Italian where Ms Giada made some pizzettes - mini thin crust pizzas w goat cheese and prosciutto and they looked so awesome. I can see myself making them but cutting the fat back a bit.

LOVE your list :) Think Im gonna try some meatballs w spaghetti sauce and maybe some cheese - sounds so good! Also maybe some turkey chili :)

In my fridge right now:

tuna salad w low fat mayo

chopped up slow cooker chicken

whole black olives - yum!

carbmaster lowfat yogurt

fat free cottage cheese

Laughing Cow light cheese

Muscle Milk light

SF FF chocolate pudding mixed w a little PB

SF Jello

2 hard boiled eggs

guacamole (just avocado, Tomato and lemon)

Deli turkey slices

I love to cook but right now Im trying to stick w the basics. I find it so hard to get into a recipe and make a bunch of food, then just have to toss it a few days later, cause I hate leftovers.

On another note, yesterday I saw an episode of Everyday Italian where Ms Giada made some pizzettes - mini thin crust pizzas w goat cheese and prosciutto and they looked so awesome. I can see myself making them but cutting the fat back a bit.

biggrin.gifI loved your list! You gave me a few items to add to my fridge, such as laughing cow cheese which I did enjoy even before surgery. Cottage cheese sounds good with some SF strawberry jelly. I just finished a chobani for Breakfast. I find that in the morning I am not that hungry, I am however on a mission to cooking some recipes that can become a staple in my kitchen. Thanks again!

I had my surgery 12/29/10 and am feeling great! I am down 25+ lbs and still losing. I feel a little guilty because (knock on wood) I haven't had many of the problems I have read about in this forum. I did have a couple of days of crying, but everything seems sunny right now. I know every day is a new challenge and I am ready to face whatever comes my way.

Wow we got sleeved on the same day. That is awesome I am so happy for you. Unfortunate, I have only lost 17 lbs. Can you share your secret, what are you doing, eating..etc. Please email me. and share your sucess..

I had my surgery 12/29/10 and am feeling great! I am down 25+ lbs and still losing. I feel a little guilty because (knock on wood) I haven't had many of the problems I have read about in this forum. I did have a couple of days of crying, but everything seems sunny right now. I know every day is a new challenge and I am ready to face whatever comes my way.

I was sleeved Dec 1st and down a total of 42 lbs. I am on regular foods but I am lucky to eat more then 1/4 c at a time. This is making it hard to get past 500 calories in a day. :( I am getting in my 60 grams of Protein and but still a little low on the fluids. I work all day on phones and keep forgetting to drink between the back to back calls. I have been stalled at 188 for a week. :angry: I am hoping this wont last long. I am still at my lowest weight since 1988 and I am buying clothes in regular stores--no more lane bryant or avenue for me. Hanging in there. B)

I was sleeved 12/28 and have lost 20lbs total. I haven't lost anything in a week or so. Pretty crappy feeling. I am making a conscious effort to drink a lot more Water and see if that helps. I was doing so well at the beginning so I am sad to see such a long stall.

The only Protein shake I can stand is the Myoplex Lite chocolate. It has 23g Protein per 11 oz. shake. I have a very sensitive gag reflex, and all of the powders are disgusting to me. I have found that drinking one of those for breakfast, and then focusing mostly on protein the rest of the day allows me to meet my goal of 60g. I also crave avacado like crazy :) I am on soft foods, so at lunch I take 2 very thin slices of turkey and put a piece of cheese on it.....roll it up and microwave it. I stalled for a week at 2 weeks out, but started losing again quickly there after.

I was sleeved on 12/14/10 and currently down 26.8 lbs. I had been at a stall for the past two weeks or so. I do also love the list that have been posted. I have gotten many ideas as I have been eating the same things over and over but not getting bored with them.

In my fridge you will find:

FF mayo

chicken broth (yes I do still have some)

FF ham/turkey

cheese sticks

cottage cheese

eggs

canned chicken breast

ricotta cheese (ff)

I do have some refried Beans but they are full of carbs and I am trying to limit my carbs right now. I find that I do well with my liquids a day (about 64 oz per day) but I find that I am slacking on my Protein. I do manage to get the Protein in but the shakes are not really appealing to me. I am going to have to try the Peanut Butter one.

Hi, I feel the same way. I have lost 17 lbs only. My friend adviced me that If I was eating healthy and my 900 calories a day, exercising by walking 30 min a day, and sleeping 7 to 8 hours a day. I told him no, I do everything except sleep only 5, he said that in order for us to loose weight we need to have the right amount of sleep. I thought he was BS'ing but lo and behold, i lost 4 lbs over night. I weighed in yesterday morning at 259 and today in the morning I weighed in at 255. Wow, you should try that. Hope that helps I know it is helping me so far.

I was sleeved 12/28 and have lost 20lbs total. I haven't lost anything in a week or so. Pretty crappy feeling. I am making a conscious effort to drink a lot more Water and see if that helps. I was doing so well at the beginning so I am sad to see such a long stall.