Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

my face has been breaking out like crazy..i never had an issue with acne but have i struggled with shaving bumps in my younger days but figured out how to put all that behind me and recently i noticed bumps on the left side of my face only specifically

i stopped shaving for a week and only use a facial washing product...i'm starting to chalk it up to sleeve lol...i'm two and a half months out

has anyone else experienced this?

@@illailla

Fat stores hormones so as you lose weight it floods your system with them.

Also all the Vitamins and other changes are a lot on your body.

You can try this face scrub

http://www.sheamoisture.com/SheaMoisture-for-Men-Official-Real-Smooth-Man-Regimen-_p_1412.html

The facial wash and scrub, I couldn't find a picture of it alone. They have at Target's that stock a lot of products for African Americans.

@@illailla

Fat stores hormones so as you lose weight it floods your system with them.

Also all the Vitamins and other changes are a lot on your body.

You can try this face scrub

http://www.sheamoisture.com/SheaMoisture-for-Men-Official-Real-Smooth-Man-Regimen-_p_1412.html

The facial wash and scrub, I couldn't find a picture of it alone. They have at Target's that stock a lot of products for African Americans.

@@OutsideMatchInside

Wow that's crazy...I haven't felt much any hormone changes but my face is showing it

Is this something that's going to last throughout the weight loss process or does the body catches up eventually?

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

@@illailla

Depends on the person and the amount they have to lose. My hormones just got back to normal at the one year mark, because I am not losing rapidly anymore.

Hi, not sure how far you are along but at about 3-4 weeks post op i started breaking out and that's unusual for me so I chalked it up to my body detoxing and bringing up impurities. It went away after a couple weeks but it was so irritating.

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

Hello everyone. Anyone getting sleeved or has been sleeved in Memphis TN with Dr. Woodman? I keep asking but no one answers. I am not sure if that speaks well for the surgeon.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had bypass by Dr. Wagner with Saint Francis group. I haven't heard about this doctor. What group is he/she with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using the BariatricPal App

Hello ladies! Glad I found this group. I was sleeved 7/14/16 so far I'm down 20lbs in total. Started w/ a BMI of 35. Working hard to keep the scale moving in the right direction.

I was sleeved on 7/18 with a 35 BMI. I was glad to see your post because I was worried I wasn't loosing enough. It is so easy to get discouraged when you see how Mach others are loosing. I keep telling myself everyone's journey is different. I am 30 lbs down since surgery. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my XT1565 using the BariatricPal App

@@angnomo it's definitely been a slower process for me as well. Hang in there!

OMG! I just found out I'm approved. However, after reading all these experiences, my own fears, etc....I'm kinda nervous and re-thinking things. This is my first post and I'm relatively new to the forum. I thought I'd share it here first. Thank you for listening <3

I was nervous. I was scared. I had to think about why this was important. I set a date in stone. It was about 2 months out from my approval. After I set that date I worked to that date. I may have had doubts in that time but I never allowed myself to think that the date could be moved or cancelled. Time went will fast and I showed up 9/9 and set my life on a path to change. You go on and set a date.

Sent from my Z981 using the BariatricPal App

@@bpowell16

Yes, my Dr told me the first 6 weeks your body is using all your energy to heal. Also you can't intake many calories. Once you can get over 600 calories every day and get to about 4 weeks, you have more energy.

This is still major surgery even if it doesn't feel like it.