Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Anybody have an upcoming surgery date and considering doing the Big Chop besides me? I haven't had a relaxer since Thanksgiving Day (only because I like to stretch my relaxers) but I don't know if I want to relax my hair before my surgery next week or cut it all off since it may start coming out anyway.

I have had a relax in for 2 months...I gone natural..I just clipped the old growth off ...now I'm down to a natural curl..loving it...but I plan to relax it back after a couple month after surgery..my surgery is on April 9...

Anybody have an upcoming surgery date and considering doing the Big Chop besides me? I haven't had a relaxer since Thanksgiving Day (only because I like to stretch my relaxers) but I don't know if I want to relax my hair before my surgery next week or cut it all off since it may start coming out anyway.

I haven't had a relax in for 2 months...I gone natural..I just clipped the old growth off ...now I'm down to a natural curl..loving it...but I plan to relax it back after a couple month after surgery..my surgery is on April 9...

I used to try the chew, chew, chew then spit out...but never ended up spitting the food out! Before I could even fix my mouth to spit anything out I had swallowed the food and didn't even know it!!?de03

Did that cause u to gain weight?

I haven't had a relax in for 2 months...I gone natural..I just clipped the old growth off ...now I'm down to a natural curl..loving it...but I plan to relax it back after a couple month after surgery..my surgery is on April 9...

I used to try the chew, chew, chew then spit out...but never ended up spitting the food out! Before I could even fix my mouth to spit anything out I had swallowed the food and didn't even know it!!?de03

Did that cause u to gain weight?

Nope! I only tried that once!! Lol!!

@@521Diva Oh and congratulations on a successful surgery! Its really great to hear of people doing well afterwards!

My surgery is on April 8. Yeah, Im really considering on chopping it off this weekend. I havent had my hair short since I was in high school 2 decades ago when I was rocking the Halle berry cut so it will be very different for me. My hair is thin; even thinner when relaxed and I assume it will look extra thin when it starts coming out. *sigh*

My hair just this week started shedding...a lot. Any ideas on how to stop it? My Protein is high, I needed to add in some fruits and veggies more per my doctor.

I have not had any issues with losing my hair. Not sure why others have.

I have not had any issues with losing my hair. Not sure why others have.

How far out are you? From what I've read, on average it usually starts shedding between month 3 and 4. Or you may be blessed enough to be the exception!

11 weeks out.

11 weeks out.

I have had a relax in for 2 months...I gone natural..I just clipped the old growth off ...now I'm down to a natural curl..loving it...but I plan to relax it back after a couple month after surgery..my surgery is on April 9...

My surg is april 9th tooooo im natural didnt do the big chop since i love long hair...got it clipped every 8 weeks till the perm was gone!! Im 20 months perm free, i just wore braids, weaves and pony tails till the perm was gone!! Im lovn it!! Congrats ladies!!