Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Congrats I hope my surgery is as boring as yours! Lol I had blood work and EKG today I see doc on jan 22 and surgery on jan 28 I'm anxious to have it done already!

Thanks everyone. But thats how I was, i just could not wait.

Hi everyone just would like to drop a tidbit of info as you are going through your sleeve process. I am 16 days out from my surgery. I had my 2 week appt yesterday. It never occurred to me that the hospital would do a biopsy on the part of the stomach that was removed and there would be a result from that lab. Well if I found out I have H Pylori Causes and will have to take a two week course of two different kinds of antibiotics 3times a day to rid myself of this common stomach bacteria. (most people don't even know they have it) I also was informed the pills are quite large. Which if you have been sleeved, can be quite a challenging to say the least. In hindsight I probably should have gotten a endoscopy instead of an upper gi. I had a choice and I chose not to have a camera stuck down my throat to look into my stomach for fear of gagging but I heard that is a definitive way to check for it with a tissue sample. If you have frequent gastric reflux or ulcers or any stomach issues make sure you get this tested from your blood. At least this way you get the antibiotics BEFORE the surgery and not after when it is difficult to swallow large pills. Google H Pylori.... I didn't even know it was such a thing. On the positive side... Thank goodness they didn't find anything else.

..... and other good news... I can eat purees! I learned how to poach an egg... And I learned I do like 1% lactaid cottage cheese if I put a teaspoon of pizza marinara on it. :-)

And one more thing I wish some had told me to do. SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS! when you start your property diet and you get your lists of all the stuff your doctor tells you to eat prior to surgery. And if you do like me and by some more of that stuff for after the surgery cause you feel you might not want to go to the store during recovery. And like me you buy Protein Shakes, sugar free pudding and jellos and I whatever. Not saying it will happen to you but my taste buds changed after surgery and 80% of those flavors that were acceptable before surgery I couldn't stand afterwards. I am stuck with stuff that will have to be disposed of. If I had of kept my receipts I would have been able to return the stuff or exchanged it for flavors Iike post sleeve. SAVE THOSE GROCERY RECEIPTS

Hi everyone just would like to drop a tidbit of info as you are going through your sleeve process. I am 16 days out from my surgery. I had my 2 week appt yesterday. It never occurred to me that the hospital would do a biopsy on the part of the stomach that was removed and there would be a result from that lab. Well if I found out I have H Pylori Causes and will have to take a two week course of two different kinds of antibiotics 3times a day to rid myself of this common stomach bacteria. (most people don't even know they have it) I also was informed the pills are quite large. Which if you have been sleeved' date=' can be quite a challenging to say the least. In hindsight I probably should have gotten a endoscopy instead of an upper gi. I had a choice and I chose not to have a camera stuck down my throat to look into my stomach for fear of gagging but I heard that is a definitive way to check for it with a tissue sample. If you have frequent gastric reflux or ulcers or any stomach issues make sure you get this tested from your blood. At least this way you get the antibiotics BEFORE the surgery and not after when it is difficult to swallow large pills. Google H Pylori.... I didn't even know it was such a thing. On the positive side... Thank goodness they didn't find anything else.[/quote']

My endoscopy also showed h pylori. I took 6 (large) pills twice a day. I had to wait for the meds to come fron italy (that is where the made the prev pack ) Can you open your capsules and crush the non caps n put them in applesauce?

Hi everyone just would like to drop a tidbit of info as you are going through your sleeve process. I am 16 days out from my surgery. I had my 2 week appt yesterday. It never occurred to me that the hospital would do a biopsy on the part of the stomach that was removed and there would be a result from that lab. Well if I found out I have H Pylori Causes and will have to take a two week course of two different kinds of antibiotics 3times a day to rid myself of this common stomach bacteria. (most people don't even know they have it) I also was informed the pills are quite large. Which if you have been sleeved' date=' can be quite a challenging to say the least. In hindsight I probably should have gotten a endoscopy instead of an upper gi. I had a choice and I chose not to have a camera stuck down my throat to look into my stomach for fear of gagging but I heard that is a definitive way to check for it with a tissue sample. If you have frequent gastric reflux or ulcers or any stomach issues make sure you get this tested from your blood. At least this way you get the antibiotics BEFORE the surgery and not after when it is difficult to swallow large pills. Google H Pylori.... I didn't even know it was such a thing. On the positive side... Thank goodness they didn't find anything else.[/quote']

Hi

My Relative just found out that she had this too.

Hope you are feeling better.

My endoscopy also showed h pylori. I took 6 (large) pills twice a day. I had to wait for the meds to come fron italy (that is where the made the prev pack ) Can you open your capsules and crush the non caps n put them in applesauce?

Hope you are feeling better.

I'm feeling really blessed, My youngest son went back to college. My oldest is coming back stateside from Japan with my first Granddaughter. I am looking forward to seeing her in person again. she only knows me lately as this person on face time. Lol... Step one... Continue healing... Step two doc clear me to pick up a small child. Step three do something different with this hair... Looking thru hair style magazines for a cute short relaxed hair style. I am taking 7500 Biotin. And I do a deep conditioning treatment with Olive oil hair Mayonnaise just in case the hair starts thinning. step four get on the plane and go visit my son, daughter in law and grand daughter. After all that's what I did the the surgery for... To be around to see the young ones coming up.

Thanks again for the well wishes

I'm as white as can be, BUT I have some good advice for any ladies with weaves. If your doctor makes you do a sleep study, make the appointment for the day *before* you have your next regularly scheduled salon appointment because the sleep study people are going to put sticky goop ALL up over your scalp and ruin the crap out of your weave. Hopefully this helps prevent someone the trauma of ruining a perfectly good weave. :)

Hope everyone who just had Surgery is doing well. To those who are waiting keep your head up

diva s and Gents!

I'm as white as can be' date=' BUT I have some good advice for any ladies with weaves. If your doctor makes you do a sleep study, make the appointment for the day *before* you have your next regularly scheduled salon appointment because the sleep study people are going to put sticky goop ALL up over your scalp and ruin the crap out of your weave. Hopefully this helps prevent someone the trauma of ruining a perfectly good weave. :)[/quote']

lol ok ... hey all information can be good info

I'm as white as can be' date=' BUT I have some good advice for any ladies with weaves. If your doctor makes you do a sleep study, make the appointment for the day *before* you have your next regularly scheduled salon appointment because the sleep study people are going to put sticky goop ALL up over your scalp and ruin the crap out of your weave. Hopefully this helps prevent someone the trauma of ruining a perfectly good weave. :)[/quote']

lol ok ... hey all information can be good info