Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Piropo's! They're awesome. Argentinian food. VERY yummy! They're putting another one in across from my office building and I can't wait - they have the best empanadas.

If he hasn't yet, suggest that he make reservations. They can be kind of tough to get into during the weekend, esp. when the weather is nice. :eek:

Had my first meeting with Dr. Sababathy this morning. 7:15AM. If he wanted to see me at my craziest 7:15 on Friday morning was sure the right time. I really liked him. He cleared me. Yippee!!!!! Nutritionist next week and we're off!!!!! Can't wait. Getting excited now. Have to get a ticker. Katt

:note2::note2:Happy Bandiversary to me (whoo!)......:note2::note2:Happy Bandiversary to me (sing with me now!!):note2::note2:........

Okay girls....official one year totals are.....drum roll please.................

:cheer2:146 pounds lost!!!!:cheer2:

Yah....I wanted to make it to 150, but I certainly am not going to get disappointed about not losing the last 4 pounds, when I have lost 146. This is afterall an ongoing journey right....it's not after once you hit your one year mark......in fact for me, I feel like the fun is just beginning!!

Love you all...:)..thanks for the incredible amount of encouragement and support you have sent my way, :hug:especially over the past 6 months. Love you all :huggie:and see (some of you) tomorrow.

:kiss2: Robyn

Congratulations Robyn! What an accomplishment. I am so happy for you. What a wonderful job you have done. Katt

:happybday: Happy Bandversary!!

:) You lost how much? :wow2:

:hail: I am in awe of you!! You are an inspiration.

:)

So who all is going to Teusday's Meeting at HSSH? I'm planning on it but found out DH isn't leaving for Cancun (the bum) until Wed A.M. so he's not to happy I won't see him the night before.

Maybe we could all meet up outside or somewhere nearby to go together. I'm a little nervous going somewhere new by myself.

Hi Diane-We missed you tonight. Hope you still had fun with your hubby:biggrin1: ....We kind of touched on it tonight. I didn't realize it was this week. We have a good friend (also our lawyer) who is running for Senate, and his big election party (which I'm helping with) is Tues night, so I won't be able to make it this month. Do you know if ANYONE can go to this one, even those (like Holli/Angela/Jenn) that didn't get banded at HSSH? If so, maybe we can all plan on trying it out next month, and will have more time to plan and put it on our calendars.

I know Holli said she won't be able to make it to Hoehns support group this month again. I'm going to take some time to think about still going, and choose to sit out at least this month. We talked briefly about possibly all getting together again for dinner somewhere in the meantime. We can solidify plans via the board as far as that goes. Does anyone have any suggestions for dates/places. How about we do the super supper thing and lunch or dinner the very first of Sept??? Would that be an idea???

Meant to ask how dinner went tonight. Wish I could have gone. I've always wanted to try the Melting Pot. Not exactly DH's cup of tea.

We had fun in Branson. Didn't do the big parks but went on the Railway & the Ducks as well as checking out the Ripley's Museum (DH's idea) and a little power shopping at the mall with Missouri's conveniently timed Tax-Free weekend.

But the day before we went I noticed my right hip was just a little sore. By the time we got to Branson I was in extreme pain. Don't remember doing anything to hurt it and have never had pain like it before. It was concentrated to one small spot about the size of a ping pong ball on my right hip but was so painful I couldn't walk without a limp and using my right leg to go up any stairs was out of the question. I was poping Tylenol & Advil right and left nearly doubling the daily max for each with little relief. Saturday afternoon My whole right leg went numb and tingly at the same time. I was seriously considering going to an urgent care but didn't want DH to remember his 40th as the time his wife wimped out especially after I was looking forward to showing off my slimmer and more active body so I did everything I could to pass it off as a slight cramp. Yesterday I was so ready to admit myself to the Hospital the minute I got back to KC today. But now today its suddenly back to just mildly sore. Stairs aren't fun & it hurts to walk but no limp. I wish I knew what happened so I could avoid it in the future.

OK if you are still reading - My DH will be glad of the excuse for me to postpone HSSH until next month. Yes all are welcome from what I've read of the posts by the groups host on KCBandsters site. But I agree lets all get together for a meal again sometime in the next month.

***WORLDS OF FUN***

Saturday SEPT 6th

I finally set a date with my co-worker last week. We want to get together as many people who are interested in going to WOF on Saturday Sep 6th. Any and all are welcome. Even if you can't come but have friends, relatives or neighbors that want to have them contact me. If we get 15+ people together we can have what they called an "un-catered" event with tickets at approx $22 per adult for WOF. With 40+ people we can do a catered lunch for approx $27 per adult which includes the food. It's a bit more expensive but you definitely get more than $5 worth of food at the picnic. OK assuming you can keep it down. <48" Youth & 62+ Seniors are cheaper & I believe you can also opt for a WOF/OOF rate but I have the specifics at work.

PLEASE if any of you are interested let me know. epsdianet@aol.com

Diane - sciatic or lateral femoral cutaneous nerves, maybe? I get a "pinch" in my sciatic occasionally - hurts like a bitch, sharp pain, esp. when I move or put pressure on my leg. Doesn't last days though. Try ibuprofen, see if that helps. Do particular movements hurt worse than others? Eg if you lay flat on your back and lift your leg up, or lift your leg up and flex your foot down, etc?

Still sore today but like I said it's getting better.

Lying on back with knee up actually felt good. Was impossible to lay on right side even laying on left put my right leg in a position that hurt my hip. Stepping up with right leg also was so painful I was going up each new step with left foot first then pulling right up to it. Summarizing holding weight stable was OK-ish but moving weight up or forward with right side was very painful. There was an actual spot on right side about size of ping pong ball that was very painful to touch and felt like the bone was sticking out more at that point than the same place on the left side.

Just glad its getting better now.