Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

The Astros game was a blast tonight, even though we lost.....How great it was to be able to fit in the seats. I think the greatest thing about this vacation is ALL of the NSV's I have realized that I never would have taken the time to savor, had we not been on vacation... I'll go through them sometime later...but it has been a true picker-upper!

Cynthia-

Sweetie.....I am SOOO sorry that you are having to go through this. All the more reason for you to hang out with us girl! You need hugs more than ever right now....but it is up to you;) . That totally stinks about the insurance companies. Any chance you would ever think about working for HCA, as their insurance covers lap-band procedures.....just a thought:cry

Katt-

Make sure and introduce yourself Thurs noc....I am so sorry to hear about the breast issues. I will pray that everything gets resolved and comes out okay with that. Can't wait to meet you on Thursday:biggrin1:

To those of you that want to come on vacation with me....I know there are some plans on here for cruises etc .... maybe someday we can all go on a Hoehn Cruise :tea:

Gotta sign off for now.... driving home tomorrow and need to get a good night sleep. Nighty Night:notagree

My name is Pat. I'll be at Panarea. I"m a very slow loser and not happy about it.

Angela, we should meet up on the 4th. I will bring the clothes with me. Robyn, whaddya think?

Holli-

Definitely....although remember we're still getting together on the 6th too (that reminds me, I need to make reservations at Melting Pot). But I'm all for coffee/socializing. Only thing is I think my appointment is at 1....so I 'should' be out fairly early I would think since I am the first appt after lunch break. But if it takes a while, we could still do it.

Robyn, We can play it by ear if you want. Just give me a call. Also, when you call the Melting Pot you may want to ask them if they care if we split the dinner for two (with more than two people...) It can get expensive if they don't.

I will check in with you all when I get back in town. Have fun at support group tomorrow!

I may have to bail on you guys tonight. Our dog has been really sick since Tuesday night. Took him to the vet yesterday. He got worse through the night and this morning he started vomitting blood. We took him back in to the vet and the vet wanted to keep him for IV fluids, xrays, observation. He's keeping him overnight but I'm a bit of an emotional wreck. The only vet we've found that I trust is an hour north of us where my parents live, so almost 2 hours from SMMC, and I don't know that I trust being that far away until I hear some good news.

Angela - That's terrible about your dog. I hope he is on the mend soon. And I'll see you at the next meeting God willing.

Angela-

I am sooo sorry to hear about your dog. Hopefully you will get some good news quickly and you will be able to make it. Dogs are the same as family members, and when they are ill, it is just like when you have child. Praying he will recover very quickly from whatever is causing the problem.

See you guys later tonight

Hope you all had fun at dinner after group, sorry I couldn't join you. I'm all packed and ready (as I can be) to go to the family reunion. :rofl:

Angela- I hope your dog is better, please let us know how he's doing. :hug:

Diane- Thanks for the sample of your puddings. I will definitely be trying the chocolate Peanut Butter one...very good. :hungry:

Pat- It was nice to meet you, sorry I didn't recognize you earlier. :nervous

Cynthia- It was nice to finally match a face with the name & nice to meet you too! :rofl:

I'll check in with you all when I get back in town on Sunday! Everyone have a great weekend!!

As always, nice to see you guys again, and nice to meet new faces.

So a really weird thing happened when I got home lastnight. Kind of funny, yet strangely bizarre -- in lots of ways. (edited out b/c on second thought I should know better than to post things like this here. Long story short, a different surgeon in a different state has asked me if I would be interested in submitting by before/during photos and writing an account of my WLS experience, etc. for him to use in his materials for his practice -- bizarre, no?!?)

They're keeping the dog another night. Talked to the vet today first thing this morning. He says he really thinks he'll be fine - they've been able to rule out the organ failure theory, his cell counts are normal, he still doesn't have a fever, etc. But since he hasn't taken solid foods, is still on meds for nausea, and is still having some bloody diarrhea he wants to keep him another day so they'll have a chance to give him some solid foods, make sure they're staying down, etc. They're going to take the catheter our today, give him some i/d, and see what happens. He said he fully expects to call us Saturday morning and tell us he's ready to go home. My fingers are crossed. It's just not the same coming home to the house w/o the dog there. School will keep me terribly busy the next few days (two part final, part 1 due tonight, part 2 due tomorrow night), so at least there's something to help keep my mind off of it, as much as possible -- which isn't much. :rofl:

Pat-Nice to meet you last night!

Diane-thanks for the pudding sample....it was actually pretty tasty. I'll have to eat my words on the cottage cheese thing;)

Jenn-Good to see you again. Hope you have fun at the family reunion. Don't eat as many chocolate chips Cookies as I did at mine!!! They were yummy, but not at all worth the weight I gained while I was there.

Angela-So glad to hear your dog is making progress. Hopefully he will get to come home soon. I wanna hear all the details about the surgeon who contacted you....that is very bizarre, yet very cool at the same time. Did he find out about you from this web site? I'm jealous!!

You know what, after last night and the "looks" we received.....I'm feeling a little rebelious this morning. Don't really care anymore....Life is too short. If others want to be unprofessional/immature about something so miniscule, then let them. I am going to choose to be happy and not worry about it anymore. So what?? They are entitled to their opinions, just as we are entitled to ours....right? By letting it affect what we post, we are allowing them to control us....it's way past the time in our lives for US to take control and stop allowing others to control what we say, think, or do:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I wanna hear all the details about the surgeon who contacted you....that is very bizarre, yet very cool at the same time. Did he find out about you from this web site? I'm jealous!!

It was his "program manager" that called. Alleged, anyway. I still don't know how they got my home number, or why they would call that late. Which is part of why I say alleged. For all I know, it's one of the people I work with pulling a prank. Otherwise, my best guess is through my mom, very indirectly. She works with some ladies who want LB and have been asking me tons of questions. They've also been on the 'net trying to petition the hospital, and asking lots of surgeons what it would take. Part of what I edited out included how the hospital where they live is completely against WLS, and the politics around that and other attempts to get a WLS clinic established. My best guess is that the surgeon got one of the ladies' emails or something -- probably from one of the info sites they go to -- and maybe asked if they knew someone already banded who would be willing to share their story, and they provided my number (my mom gave them my number - I told them to feel free to call with any questions, but my advice was only worth what they were paying for it!)

It's not really my thing anyway, I don't like the spotlight at all. It was just so out of the blue -- so completely bizarre -- to be sort of asked to "market" for a surgeon you've never seen or met, and who in turn has never seen or met you (how would they know what kind of progress I've made? Anywhere that I post that info, I don't post my home phone number... ok, so there are still ways, but even yet, not applicable to me)

That's all part of what makes it so absolutely bizarre.

Great to see you all last night! Wheetsin: obviously ther's a lot going on in your life, but what happened to the dog? I think the doctor/prgram manager who contacted you is very unethical. I see Heartland Spinal has a support group at 7pm on the second Tuesday of each month. I may give this a try as well. Determined to get l0,000 steps. Have three thousand to go after dinner.< /p>

Hi Sea, it was nice to meet you yesterday. They're keeping the dog another night but we should be able to pick him up tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.