Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

FYI - I also have a small load of 20-24 & 2X clothes in the backseat of my car that I'll let anyone look through if they want before or after the group Thursday. I don't really want to carry it all the way in with the construction going on.

Angela-

If you want to bring in a few of your favorite mixes, I'd be more than happy to try them!! They all sound pretty good, how about just pick your favorite 3 or 4 and bring those? :jaw:

I needed the ideas to jazz up my Protein Shakes. I've moved to the Isopure Low Carb chocolate. I'm using Holli's no-carb trick of using cream and Water to mix it with. It's way better than the zero-carb vanilla version, but it's still kind of bland. I end up chugging it down while I read my e-mail in the morning. :) I'll have to check our Wal-Mart for the one you recommended.

I'll be at Panera between 4:45 and 5pm, so I'll see you and whoever else shows up then!!

I'll bring actual drinks, with the things mixed in them that I normally mix in (peanut butter, etc.). I use low fat/low carb/sugar free. I don't know the exact numbers but they're all in range.

Umm where is the Panera? The only eating place by the hospital that I can remember seeing is McD's. Is it in the strip mall across from the Georgetown building?

Ixnay the pre-made drink idea, they just sent out a note that we're getting new fridges during the weekend so they're removing the old ones during the day. Since I'd be coming straight from work -- no way to keep them reliably cold during the day. But I'll bring you samples of the powders so you can at least taste them before you buy.

Is there going to be a get togeather after this weeks meeting? Where?

Angela - Panera is across from the hospital in a strip mall on 75th. Also, I work out near 114th & Strangline & Drive there from KCK. If you wanted I could swing buy and pick up the samples to store in the fridge at my work Thursday.

I work north of the river, quite a bit north, so I'll just bring powder & recipes for her. But thanks for the offer. :)

Oh well, just an idea. The powders will be great!

Hey, I forgot to tell all my good news. I was cleaning out a closet Sunday and for whatever reason decided to try on my wedding dress. IT FIT!!!!! I'd forgotton/repressed how far I'd already moved up the scale by then (13+ years ago) but still I'm so excited to think I've made it this far.

Hi Guys-

Can I just say I'm worn out!!!! Went to Galveston Beach yesterday...the kids had a blast swimming, squishing their toes in the sand. Then went to the Schlitterbahn Waterpark. Rated the #3 best waterpark in the world. Had a blast! Today we slept in until noon! I just finished working out for an hour. More family stuff this pm, with a Houston Astros game tonight. I'm kinda getting to the point now where I'm ready to come home.

Holli-YIKES!! Quadruple booking???? That can't be true!! But it would make a lot of sense on the wait times. It's just too bad because like I have said before, even though we know and love him, I think it kinda makes for a bad first impression and I have even seen people get angry and walk out after waiting over an hour. I'll just bring something to do again for the wait...that seemed to help me a lot last time :confused:

I haven't really brought this up before because it hasn't been an issue....but I think I have lost maybe a tiny bit more weight (don't know cause can't weigh;) ) I have noticed just in the last week that my abdominal skin is REALLY sagging and becoming much more pliable. Then the past two days, I have noticed I have started having some pretty severe lower back pain. Holli, I don't know how much tummy skin you have, but have you noticed anything like this yet?

Sea-Wondering who you are?? :confused:

Yep...I think the plan for now is that we are meeting at Panera as early as you can get there...4:45 to 5 ish BEFORE the meeting. Since that won't give us much time to chat, for those that want to we are then going to go somewhere after...possibly the Mexican restaurant right next door to Panera (depending on how late it is open). If not open late, we can make other plans.

Angela, we should meet up on the 4th. I will bring the clothes with me. Robyn, whaddya think?

Diane, Congrats on the wedding dress! That is a great NSV! :clap2:

Robyn, I should probably not be so dramatic. I know they triple book for sure. But you get the point. :nervous Hey, btw, I want to go on vacation with you. Do you want to adopt me and take me along for all the fun?!? :biggrin1: If you haven't lost weight Robyn, you may be losing fat and gaining muscle. With all the sit ups and working out you are doing... it is possible you are shrinking in size because of the lean muscles you are building. That can definitely make a difference on your body. I call mine (saggy skin)... squishy or flubber. It is because its so loose and soft and saggy. Kinda sad, but hopefully with time it will improve. At least that is my secret fantasy. I have heard Dr. Hoehn say that once it is stretched, it won't go back. If it doesn't, maybe I will find a way somehow to deal with it in the future. On the back pain issue, YES dear! My back acts up quite a bit, but I have had issues for quite a while. I think its a combination of my tummy and extra chestage! :confused:

Sea, What is your name? Do you come to support group?

Angela-

The powders will be fine. I think I've got most of the things I'd need to try your special blends. I can't wait to try something different!! :hungry:

Panera is close to the corner of 75th & Antioch, almost at the end of that strip mall across the street from the Georgetown center. I'll be there and it sounds like Diane is joining us too! :confused:

Robyn-

I'm with Holli...I want to go on vacation with you next time! Sounds like fun!!

I was just ommenting on my stomach to DH lastnight. I notved that my bellybutton has pretty much disappeared into a big sad face. And in the middle of my stomach, just below my belly button, the skin is all funky looking. I had DH grab my belly lastnight and he was like, "Hmm... it's squishy now." :paranoid

When I had just gained weight, about a year into being fat, I lost all the weight and my skin went right back to where it was. Of course I was 21, too. I have no hope for a repeat now. :cry The good news, I guess, is that my insurance company has covered PS for people I know who had RNY, and my mom knows a plastic surgeon who has been pretty agressive with insurance companies and has pushed ins approval through for WLS patients who were initially denied. I just hope he isn't retired by the time I'd be ready. :tired

Robyn - sounds like you're just having the BEST time! I know what you mean by ready to be home, but just think - come winter, you might be longing to be back there so enjoy it while it lasts. :confused:

Hi guys I havent been on much lately I worked all weekend and have been so mad at insurance I hadn't posted. I found out Friday that my insurance isn't even covering my UGI series. I've got to appeal that now and my last fill 6/2/06 and my unfill weren't covered either. So I have that to appeal also. I still haven't heard anything about the surgery. Billie is trying but we haven't gotten very far yet. The thing that is the drag is I've started having more pain that worries Billie. But I'm about ready to forget the whole thing and just see what happens and leave the band alone. If I cant get insurance to pay for the UGI and those last 2 visits that's $1,000.00 there let alone surgery and then fills at 150.00 a pop to my band works. I just don't have $5,000 to $6,000 right now for all of this. I be at support Thursday night but doubt I'll go out any you guys have to much good happy stuff to Celebrate and selfishly I don't feel up to it right now. But looking forward to seeing all you skinny girls Thursday night. Well I think I'll take my cheery self off for now. I worked another 12 hour day today so I'm kind of grumpy tonight.

I haven't posted for a while cause I have been working really hard and been very busy. Things are finally moving. I have my first appt with Dr. Sabapathy and also with the nutritionist. Then the worst news. Something bad in my mammogram and I have to have a surgical biopsy cause the mammotone thing won't work on whatever the problem in the mammogram is. As far as I'm concerned, they can lop the whole left boob off and take the right one for good measure but they want to biopsy it. And with things finally moving on my WLS. Bah humbug. Have decided to go with Dr. Hitchcock so will see you girls in support group. You have been a big support so far and I do appreciate your help. Katt