Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Hi all!

I wanted to let you all know that I am home and fine. I am a little tired and woozy but I will give you all the details tomoorrow. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Holli

Forever-21 is a really cheap "normal" size store.

Glad to hear today went well, Holli,

Cynthia - I'll be thinking of you. Have a good 4th.

Good morning Girls!

I am at least awake this morning....still in lots of pain..Although it's weird because the most severe pain is on the right side of my back.. the pain meds weren't working at all. So I got the bright idea of asking a neighbor for a heating pad, which has helped sooo much.

So I'm sure many of you are wondering....yes he already knew about what had happened when he came in to talk to me yesterday pre-op. I'm not real sure he knew about the bleeding though. I think my nurse told him because I mentioned it to her.

He came in and said he was concerned about the bleeding and we either needed to postpone the surgery and get an EGD done outpatient to see what was going on inside my stomach....or go ahead and do the surgery, but do the EGD (where they put the scope down your throat) after they put me out just right before the surgery. Then he said the "E" word.....Scared the bejesus out of me. He said "I don't think it is an erosion, but since you are having bleeding we need to make sure. And if I do find that it is an erosion, I will just take the whole band out while I'm in there.:) I was so scared:think

But everything worked out....I asked if they would take some extra pics of the scope and they did. It shows that I had a "tear" in the lining of my stomach. You can see it pretty clearly in the pics..looks like a 'slash' on the lining of my stomach. Anyway he went ahead and repaired the Hernia (he told my hubby that in fact about one inch of the tubing had herniated and was poking through my abdominal wall....also that my gallbladder had some "pretty large stones" in it. I"m just so glad its over...I've been popping pills like crazy though. This surgery has been the most painful one so far:sick

And also.....he informed me he would have to "completely" deflate my band to do the EGD. Which I totally understand, it just sucks because now (once again) I don't have restriction. He could tell that was one of the things I was most worried about, and he actually said "We gotta do whatever we can to make you healthy. I know you are worried about the loss of restriction again, but I don't care...I'll see you every other day and give you a fill if I need to.":) I thought that was very sweet of him to say.

I did bring up towards the end of the conversation that I thought I had caused a lot of trouble at the office yesterday. He didn't respond much (nor did I want him to at that time)...he just smiled and said "No you didn't."

I still love him and think he is great. Hopefully I can move on from here and put all of this behind me. I feel like I am in this constant state of negativity, and I don't want to be like that any longer. On the positive side of things...I woke up yesterday morning and had lost a pound (I had been on a 2 month plateau)....even though it is just one pound, I just about did a little dance. I'm so excited that I FINALLY get to change my ticker. YAY!!:clap2:

Robyn I'm glad everything went well at your surgery. You have a lot of healing to do, so I hope you take it easy. I know the stress of all the pain and surgeries must have made things more difficult and stressful for you. Hopefully now you can just breathe out a big sigh of relief and let positivity reign :)

Holli-

Glad to see you're ok. I was really wondering about you at work yesterday. :bananajump: I'll email you a little later.

Robyn-

I'm happy to hear you're on the mend. Hopefully this will be the last of the surgeries. I'm also glad he was aware of the office situation and was comforting to you before surgery. He seems like a great guy, what small amount of time I've actually talked to him. :Banane20:

Did he have to do any repair work to the tear in your stomach or will it just heal itself? That sounds kind of scary.

Take care of yourselves and keep us updated. When you're ready, we'll all have to get together in person. :)

Hey girls it's me again. I am writing right now to let you guys know I have eaten like a pig the last 4 days. I am going to weigh in tomorrow and do one of those ticker tapes starting with what I weigh now. I can't let myself do this. Nothing is agreeing with me. I have found everything is running straight through me. As well as I am sooooooo mad at myself. I didn't eat over my step mom dying. But know I am sulking like a big baby over this issue with my band. I am going to check in with you guys daily to own up to what I am doing . I'm also asking you guys to call me on my excuses if I start in on them. I have got to exercise and eat right. Now and after surgery. I hope Holli and Robyn are doing ok. I'm going over to my sisters to drop Wes off because I have to work on Monday. And when I get back I am going to walk on my treadmill for 30 minutes. Please help me guys I don't want to be fat.

Hi ladies! It looks like it has been really quiet on here this weekend. I thought I would give you all the play by play of my Friday.

I went in about 6:45 am to St Luke's South for my procedure. I have to say that I am very impressed with the nurses there. They were awesome!

Anyway, in pre-op I told everyone again about my lap-band and the fact that I always throw up from anesthesia and narcotic pain killers...and to please, please not let that happen. Unfortunately, whatever they gave me was not enough because the first thing I remember after coming out was throwing up. Then I was wretching (dry heaving) for quite a while. I was also having trouble with my oxygen level and they had me in the recovery area until after 1:00 pm. I was pretty much in and out of it but remember everyone always telling me to take deep breaths.

The nurse came in and told me that they called my insurance because if I was there too much longer they were thinking about admitting me for observation. They decided to move me back to the pre-op area for a little while to see if things improved and so my husband and daughter could come see me. They were getting pretty worried especially since they expected to see me to come out of recovery around 11. I remember seeing them about 1:30. After that, they tried sitting me up little by little and I kept drifting off. At around 3:30, I was starting to come out of it and decided that I REALLY wanted to go home and not spend the night in the hospital. I convinced the new nurse on duty that I was more coherent. So, finally a little after 4 I got to go home.

The info that I got out of my husband was that my dr. said I had a moderate amount of endometriosis (which she apparently has pics of). She took care of it. I think she burned it off. I go back in to see her in two weeks and will probably get more information from her. Right now, I am pretty swollen. I have a little pain in my shoulder from the gas. Other than that, I am doing good.

So... what did everyone else do this weekend?? Cate, do any shopping?

Anyone have big plans for the 4th?

Cynthia, I need to really get back on the wagon too! I have been babying myself lately and indulging way too much. So, let's do it together! We can take it one day at a time. Hang in there and email me if you need anything.

It's me checking in for the day. I weighed myself this morning I have gained 8lbs. I weigh 229lbs. I check back in later my patient just got here.

Hi Everybody-

Just wanted to check and let you know I am doing okay....I am still in an enormous amount of pain if I don't take the pain pills every 4 hours on the dot. So basically I have just been sleeping for 3 days straight:notagree Weird that this has been the worst surgery yet, I thought it would be a breeze....Oh well, brighter days are just around the corner I'm sure. I have what looks like a second belly button now...it looks like where my herniated tubing was (he found one full inch that was in fact herniated) he stiched the bejesus out of it and it is puckered very badly....Hopefully when some of the swelling goes down it will be minimized. My hubby told me not to worry about it because it will be gone someday when I get my tummy tuck:p .

I'm going to my mother-in-law's house tonight for my birthday bash... Don't feel much like eating or celebrating, but still gotta go through the motions. Hopefully I won't fall asleep over there from the narcotics, because I don't know how she would take that:rolleyes !!

Holli-I'm SOOOOO happy they found endometriosis!! At least you know what the problem is, and that is 90% of the infertility battle....I know that very well having been there done that. Make sure you start having your "O.S.athons" here pretty soon because they say you are most fertile 3 months after the procedure (but try not to obsess about it of course :Banane22: ).

Cynthia-I am so proud of you. I know it is hard to share your weight with others and be accountable for gaining some. I have been there recently. But now you have put it all out there, and we will help keep you accountable in a loving way:kiss2: :D . I read this great quote today and thought of you....write it down and tape it on your bathroom mirror and read it whenever you get discouraged. It goes like this:

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from right now and make a brand new ending!"

Jennifer, Angela, and Cate-you guys are being aweful quiet this weekend...Hope you aren't enjoying your 4th of July weekend TOOOO much :Banane57: !!

Love you all, I'll check back in later.

Robyn

I have been pursuing LBS with Dr. Hoehn and have completed (I hope) all of the pre-testing. After reading the posts on this thread I am seriously re-considering my choice of physician. What do you really think? Katt

I would recommend to be banded by Dr. Hoehn. I felt completely comfortable knowing he was operating on me, and I haven't had any problems with my post-op care.

Hey girls know I haven't been on much, been busy, trying to get ready for NOLA.

I hit up the LB sale today. I got a pair of jeans (sz. 20), and 3 tops (sz. 18/20, sz. 18, and sz 14/16). Hopefully it will be one of my last trips to LB (I am trying to survive on very, very little clothing)

Hey guys - wow, I was kept much busier this weekend than I thought I would be. A lot of stuff I didn't plan on doing, but ended up doing. You know how it goes.

Robyn - I'm so glad you're (hopefully) over the operations and ready to move on, but I'm sorry to hear that you're still in so much discomfort. So you had an EGD done right before the surgery, no erosion but a tear in your stomach (was that from the tubing, or did it allow the tubing through, or two separate things?), and gallstones... so from this point forward it can only be downh hill...

Holli - I'm glad to hear you're well, that they figured it out and got it all fixed up. I've heard the same thign as Robyn (3 mos), so you'd better go get DH a pager pretty soon, so he can be on call and ready to go. :grouphug:

I think I'm going to be one of those people who just can't eat early in the day, or has to rely on liquid breakfasts. Every time I try to eat before around 11 it hurts so much, even if I pre-heat with a warm liquid. Also looking back, I've had my PBs around the same time of day. And it doesn't matter what I eat, so I can't really link it to the type of food. The only thing they all share is that I was trying to eat around morning time. I had a semi PB this weekend, trying to eat Breakfast. When I left the restaurant it was hurting, but just like a stick. Over the course of the drive (about 8 minutes) it worsened, I got the shortness of breath, etc. I would have pulled over but I was only a minute or so from my parents' house. We pulled into the driveway and I made a dash for the grass, dry heaved for about 4 minutes. Got in their house, wretched up saliva, dry heaved for anoher couple of minutes (and hit a point where I officially felt the worst - man, I was miserable... the damn pain I get in my back can really do me in), then very slowly started feeling better. VERY slowly. Normally once I wretch/PB it's pretty instant relief... this time it took me at least 15 - 20 minutes just to feel confident that I was done heaving, and took 2 - 3 hours to feel normal again. OUCH YUCK!

Cate - sorry I didn't get a chance to hit the LB sale with you. We only planned on being out of town for one day but it ended up being two and a half days. I did make it to the sale with my mother one of those days we were out of town. I'm actually wearing a 22/24 shirt today!

Cynthia - don't sweat the weight gain. Were you using a low carb diet? If so, that sounds about right for a ketosis break!

Katt - your surgeon really has to be your decision. I was very pleased with Dr. H, but have not been terribly impressed with some things I've experienced post op. None of them are him directly, but are necessary evils, so to speak, as I'm in his post-care program. I should say - some of them are necessary evils. One of them I am going to make absolutely sure never happens again, period.

Also, I think I'm in a mini-platuea/stall. :grouphug: But I've been a little slippery with my eating, so it may be good for me - reality check, and incite better eating behaviors. (I've been doing more carbs than I should, about 40 carb/60 protein... I'm a bad, bad girl.)

Good Morning/I guess it's actually Afternoon Girls!

Happy Birthday to me:faint:

Okay...just got finished with a concerning call from the office. Someone from there called last night at 6:00, which I thought was weird because it was 4th of July???? No message left, so I called back today. Need to share, but not on-line. Let's either set up a chat, or Holli, Cate, and Angela call me individually this afternoon. I'll PM my phone number again, but I'd prefer a chat.

Gotta go...talk to you guys later!