Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Okay guys-

I just got home from working a night shift at the hospital...it really sucks to work since I can't take the Vicodin:rolleyes: while I'm working .....Anyways...I'm already thinking about my "last supper", so to speak for tonight, since I have to start clears after midnight tonight. Any fabulous ideas? I know you have some Angela:hungry:....I'll check when I wake up around 4.....I'll be waiting/dreaming about you:notagree Nighty Night:p

I was so uninspired for a last meal that we had BLTs. At that point I didn't care about eating, I just wanted my surgery. :)

My last meal I did it up! My parents and I went to Macaluso's on 39th (a-m-a-z-i-n-g italian food) and split two dinners (Even pre-band, didn't eat a whole one!) We ate bread and I think maybe an appetizer, and then split tortellini and a steak. Yum. We had dessert and wine etc. That was saturday night, and my surgery was on tuesday.

Oh yeah, and after dinner I went out with friends and had more wine... Piece of advice... Never drink the night before you have to start Clear Liquids :doh:

Robyn - what's your favorite food? I'lls ee if I have any ideas from there... :)

Robyn - what's your favorite food? I'lls ee if I have any ideas from there... :)

All of my favorite foods are now forbidden since I can't eat pasta/bread anymore.....I have been pretty fond of fish lately :hungry: since it goes down so well. Kind of boring for a last supper idea though. Just woke up...and I'm sitting here eating this fabulous chicken salad my hubby just made, with grapes/pecans etc in it. Even though I know it has a good chance of not staying down, since my band doesn't like chicken for whatever reason....

I have to work tonight:tired, so I guess I'll start clears after midnight:speechles

Oh bummer. If you do fish I have some good recipes. Of course if you're doing fish, it's probably too late now! I didn't think I'd be home after work (have a group in from out of town, which usually = laate night out) or I would have offered to make you something of your choice for your last supper. Truly! It would have at least fed the kid! :)

I really felt my rstriction the first two or three days, but now I feel back where I was before. The pressure when I swallow is gone, and I haven't gotten stuck - which is a GOOD thing - but the way I WAS feeling it, I figured I'd get stuck a lot more often.

I've really been hoping to get to 299 by Jiuly 4. For no particular reason, other than on Atkins I set a goal of "anything under 300" in May or so, for July 4, and never made it! I stuck at 315 for over four months! I thought it would be poetic justice to get to that goal with my band. Here's the interesting comparison:

I started Atkins on January 5 2004, and by July 4 - 6 months later - had lost about 67 lbs. In just under 4 months of being banded I've lost 80. Have I said that I love my band yet today?

I tried to find some good ahi lastnight but it all looked like crap around here. :)

We're having the stuffed chicken breasts, and I'm grilling corn for DH, and sauteed some zucchini & squash for me, and a red/orange/green/yellow bell pepper medley for him. I hate bell peppers. :speechles

And I just might splurge tonight and get a fatfree frozen custard. I've really, really been craving one.

So today I was trying to figure otu my eating patterns etc, and I realized that every night, after dinner, I'm fine, I don't snack. But during the day I seem to always be hungry. Well I read a post saying that caffeine makes some people hungry. So anyway, today, no caffeine and way less snacking. I still ate a biggish lunch, but still, nowhere near the grazefest I was having some other days. I want to lose 10 more lbs. before I move (If I can)

Hi guys just checking for the day. Work wasn't that bad in some ways I got to leave at 4:00 instead of 5pm so that was a plus. My boss ask when I thought Dr H might do surgery and said she isn't sure if she can give me time off before September. So I lied like any good employee would and told her it's most likely have to to be in the next 4-6 wks. He was afraid that it may cause problems if it wasn't. I should be ashamed of myself but I'm not. She doesn't have to know the whole truth. I can't wait for Billie and him to get back so I can find out if she has heard anything from my insurance company. Wes (my son) and I ate steak tonight. I wasn't going to eat corn on the cob with him but to be honest I did and I ate a piece of garlic toast. Go ahead and yell at me. I know it's bad but it did taste good. I guess I'll be on the treadmill later. I am having a lot of trouble being good now that I know my band isn't where it should be. Any suggestions? I also drank Diet Pepsi and it didn't hurt like I thought it would. I'd like to say it didn't taste good but it did. I can' t wait to get this band issue fixed I'm starting to get thoughts of crazy thinking going on. I guess I'll have to use my A.A. thinking to help me again. Just for tonight I won't eat anything else bad. By the way I am a recovering alcoholic. It's been 19 years since I drank. But my eating is beginning to have the same behavior and feelings as I had when I drank.. Sorry I'm so wierd guys I'll stop for now.

Cynthia-Don't apologize....you are not weird:p ....just struggling like all the rest of us to make it through day by day. I am going to say this though because I love you...and mind you I am not one to be giving advice lately. DO NOT LET THIS GET THE BEST OF YOU!!! You have come too far to let this stupid little set back get you in the dumps and control your entire being. Fight hard not to gain back what you have lost, because that will just be more you have to lose when your band is repaired. I would even suggest you form your own ticker to post on here so you are accountable to more than just yourself for your weight. That's just a thought. I know I am very embarrassed about the weight I have gained lately. My husband thinks I'm an idiot because one day I told him I felt like a failure for gaining 10 pounds back post op (when I had no restriction anymore). He looked at me with disgust and said "You mean you think you are a failure for losing 140 pounds and not 150 pounds??? Robyn quit being so hard on yourself!" We all do it though...we beat ourselves up over the small setbacks...and there are bound to be setbacks. Okay....I feel better now....I just want to be your cheerleader:cheer2: because I truly do care about you...and I understand where you are at more than you know. I know you look at me and think...boy she is successful because she has lost 140 pounds. But to me, I still struggle like I did before the band was put in. Every day is a new challenge, and I believe it will continue to be for the rest of my life. I actually started going back to Sabopathy 2 weeks ago because I am struggling so badly. I think everyone should consider that (going back to Sabopathy for a tune-up) at some point after they have been banded actually. It is a total mind-game for me.

LOVE YOU!!! Hang in there girl!

Okay Gals-

So I'm sitting here at work and it is after midnight.....I am supposed to be starting clear liquids now....I'm trying ...I'm trying....:faint: The thought just kills me. I am so stupid to be feeling so defeated in having to drink just clear liquids for the next 24 hours. I did it for 7 days pre-op banding...so why do these little 24 hours seem to be so hard???? I can't wait to go home and go to bed and sleep through the majority of the next 24:rolleyes: Although, I have to wake up early tomorrow around noon so I can go to my appointment with Sabopathy....maybe he will make me practice that funny deep breathing exercise that he made us all do before our surgeries :cry I think I'm going to drag my hubby along with me tomorrow...he'll love that:p

:help: Okay friends....say a little prayer...I'm at work, and remember I talked a few days ago about this strange (seemingly gallbladder associated) nausea that has been sweeping over me that has been causing me to have gut-wrenching vomiting (not the usual PB)...Well I started throwing up blood tonight...fresh and old (heavy sigh). I have this incredible burning pain right in the middle of my stomach. I called the on-call doc and they said what I expected....go to the ER of it gets worse.

I've gotta tough out the pain here at work because I won't be able to work the rest of this week or the beginning of next after my surgery. Leaving work equals no pay.....I'm such a bad patient:tired Gotta hang in there...only 3 more hours to go....I can do it:think .......I'll post more after I call the office this morning. They say Dr Hoehn should be back today, but I'm not sure if that is true or not. Although I'm not expecting the plan to change since I am already scheduled to go in tomorrow. I'm not gonna eat or drink anything until I talk to him. Oh the insanity of it all!!!:)

Cynthia - I think you should get out a before picture and a current picture and put them together so you have a reminder of how far you've come. I know you're in a battle right now, but you do not want to get back to where you were before banding. And I have faith in you that you can hold off until you get your issues resolved. I just think you need to keep reminding yourself of how far you have already come, and you don't want to go back.

Robyn - Hopefully you are home by now. Get some good sleep, and keep us updated. You'll be in my thoughts. You can do it.