Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Sorry I didn't call you back until later tonight Holli-I had a jewelry party to go to. I just tried calling you and the phone just rang and rang. I'll try you tomorrow, as I have to go get my pre-op blood drawn at 0800.

I've had a crappy night.....felt good after working out, then while I was at this party I had this weird nausea sweep over me. At first I thought if I would just PB it would be better...but it was different than that. I finally ended up leaving and puked in my in-laws drive way.....not PB, violent wretching.....that's what scares me. NOT PB's, but the violent type of puking.....I'm assuming it has to be this whole gallbladder thing since I hadn't eaten anything before that. Did I mention I can't wait to get this stupid thing out.

I'm glad you guys are up for the social suppers. I think it sounds soooo fun. Holli...let's get our surgeries over with this Friday...then maybe arrange a chat after 4th of July to figure it out. I'm thinking maybe not next week, but the week after??

Angela, I feel like sh..t right now... but the mention of crab stuffed orange roughy still makes me hungry, nausea and all:sick !!!!

No problem, Robyn. I was actually trying to head to bed early last night when my brother called. I heard the call waiting beep, but I was in the middle of explaining Friday to my SIL. That is why I didn't answer. Sorry.

I agree! Crab stuffed orange roughy sounds yummmy. :hungry:

Hi All!! I was so ecited to find this group. I am back on obesityhelp.com and someone posted this site there.

My name is Chantay Im 35 live near Indep. I have been to Dr Hoehns seminar in March and was all up for lapband but then my insurance Co kept telling me its covered its not bla bla...(First Health direct) plus I have a few concers and scares etc but Im back to wanting to do it again. I have my appt with Dr sabapathy june 10th and need to rescehdule my appts with the dietician and the cardiac and pulmanary dr since I canceled them already :)

anyhow I weigh 315 and my BMI is 52. My main concers are seeing so many post of people having to get there ports redone once or twice. and having this thing inside you forever....im not trying to be made to feel better necisarrily i just want the truths as to what to expect. Nice to meet you all, cant wait to hear form you and meet you soon!~Chantay

Hi Chantay! Welcome. :biggrin1:

I agree with Robyn about coming to the support group. It is a good way to get all those pre-op questions answered. It is smart to ask questions and feel good about this before you do it. The support group is the fourth Thursday of the month at 6:00 pm. You can get more specific info at kcbariatric.com. Best of luck and hope to meet you soon!

yeah I'm glad you got the directions!

It is funny - I oculd only eat 1/2 my Breakfast, but now I'm hungry again 2 hours later! Grr... I'm just going to drink a lot of Water and see if I can hold off until noon or so. Plus I like to drink at least 32 oz. before lunch.< /p>

I am leaving for NOLA on July 14. I'm so excited! And nervous/scared. Lots of emotions.

BTW, who else has PCOS? Just curious.

Cate,

The physical sign of tummy-growling-driving you crazy-hunger pain was a sign for me that I was not at my sweet spot. It was strange, because once I hit it, those feelings went away. I could skip a meal and not even notice. Just a thought...

Good job on the water...32 oz before lunch is impressive. :clap2:

Okay, another stupid question... what is PCOS? :)

Holli/Angela-what do you think about maybe getting together on Saturday the 15th I think it is at the Quivira S/S location? Plm is, I'm not too keen on their July menu (mostly chicken which I can't do very well.....but some other stuff on there looks good). Let me know what ya think.....

I think the 15th sounds good. If you don't like the July menu, do you want to wait until August? I would be happy to split one of the options with someone because there is only 3 in my family. Anyone interested?

Sorry guys, I was offsite for work all day. There was a buffet there, so my lunch was 2 grilled shrimp, a few bites of cottage cheese, a few bites of creamed spinach, one bite of rotisserie chicken, and I had a bit of desert - a tiny bite of Peanut Butter fudge.

dinner tonight is honey citrus grilled swordfish for me, and I'm grilling some butter stuffed salmon with fresh dill and lemon slices for DH (I can't stand salmon). With steamed baby russet potatoes.

I made tomorrow's dinner tonight, too, so we can just throw it on the grill. Chicken breasts, cut in half, stuffed with a pat of butter, asiago cheese, garlic, spinach, a touch of LF cream cheese, and some spices. I hope it comes out good!

I think I'm free on the 15th, I'll check with DH when he gets home! We can do whatever, doesn't have to be SS if you aren't liking their menu!

Robyn - that SUCKS about the instructions. What do you think the deal is? Think they're just getting too much business for too few people?

Speaking of, I referred a few people to Dr. H and suggested they come to the next support group - they're in the "seriously thinking about it" stage. Soon non-bandsters will be the minority. <insert evil laugh here>

PCOS is Polycystic ovarian syndrome. It is hard to diagnose, but the symptoms include obesity, acne, hirsutism, difficulty conceiving, irregular periods and/or amenorrhea. It increases your odds for getting Diabetes II or endometriosis.

I also scheduled my last fill at Dr H. (At least for a while). July 12 at 3:30pm. I leave the 14th! Yikes! It finally hit me today when I realized that after Friday (finally June will be over), I won't be at work again until the 5th!! And then its really on.

KSBandster-

Are you Holli's friend that went out before support group with us before?? Was it Jenn? Where have you been girl (at support groups?) We have missed you! You are doing great with your weight loss. Keep up the great work!:biggrin1:

By the way...you are welcome to go out with us ANYTIME:D

Howdy ladies!! I talked online last night for quite awhile to Robyn we have alot in common including the PCOS. I was wondering if you all with PCOS have you had any luck with losing the extra facial hair now? Also is the next meeting THIS Thurs night at 6pm? I looked on the kc site but they only have the meetings for July. darn I missed it I just looked at my calendar...oh well I guess Ill get to meet you all next month. Well I guess Ill get to bed sooner tonight than last night....oh PS is the Holli on here the same one thats Robyn sister? I need to meet her, she works with me at Caremark. TTYS ~Chantay

Hi Chantay - PCOS... Still have the facial hair going (which I take care of), but acne has cleared up, so that's a good!

Jennifer - Thanks & Hiya! I think we missed each other at SG meetings maybe? Welcome to our virtual SG, with more fun :)

Cate-

The last meeting I went to, I think was the first meeting you came too. Not too long before your surgery maybe?

I hope we'll all be able to get together before you move!

I bought myself an "I love me" present today... New hat! It's my friend Les who makes hats. They are supercute but expensive :) But to me, worth it, because I am worth it! :success1:

So anyway here's a picture of me wearing my sister's hat (same style)

and a picture of my hat, which is reversible!

post-207950-13813133660511_thumb.jpg

post-207950-13813133660645_thumb.jpg

post-207950-13813133660789_thumb.jpg

Jennifer - Oh ok. Yeah, that meeting was a blur to me I think :) It takes me a while to figure out names, faces, etc.

Yes, we definitely need to get together soon. Also, Holli, Robyn, is there anything we can do for you guys? Call if you want me to come over and eat popsicles with you :success1:

Holli, Robyn, is there anything we can do for you guys? Call if you want me to come over and eat popsicles with you :success1:

That is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard:kiss2: :) :kiss2: .....I think I will be okay...I'm planning on drugging myself all the way through at least Monday. So I may not even be to popcicles by then, who knows. Although I'm supposed to go over to my MIL's house on Monday for my Birthday...then supposed to go to my FIL's house Tues for my Birthday...Hopefully I'll be up for a little fun by then, we'll see.

Well the offer stands, you've got my number.

Let us know when are you up for fun! I think sometime late next week hopefully would work?

Hi to all. It's Wednesday am and I'm getting ready to leave for work. For some strange reason I feel good today. I hope all of you have a great day! Maybe I'll get lucky and we won't have a lot of cases and I can leave work early. I'd like to spend some time with my Dad. I can't imagine losing my spouse. He isn't the healthiest man either so I have to keep my eye on him. Anyway I know I say it alot but I do mean it you guys are really helping me stay focused and not give up. I feel better just having a connection to other people. I'll check in tonight to see what great meals you are all fixing.