Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Hi guys it's Cynthia from support group. I just want you all to know you are a great inspiration to me. I'm so jealous of all of you and I'm learning a lot what to hopefully expect someday if my band ever gets placed right. Hopefully my insurance will cooperate or I don't know what will happen. Robyn I hope all goes well with your surgery. I plan on checking in with you guys more often. Thanks for being out there. It helps a lot.

I have FF, 2% and full-fat cheese on hand at all times

FF: only in conjunction with other food (i.e. scrambled in eggs, eaten in same bite w/ turkey pepperoni chips)

2%: When I want some cheesy taste, alone.

Full: When I REALLLY want some cheesy taste, or plan to only use 1 serving (i.e. 1 serving in some chicken salad).

I tend to eat cheese every day, usually for more than one meal.

Cynthia - So good to see you! I will e-mail you again soon, but I definitely want you to keep me updated on everything going on with you. You've won half the battle - you know what's going on. :lol:

Pmed ya.

(message is to short to post so I have to add add'l text)

BTW Cate - thanks again for the clothes! I'll bring your duffle to my fill appt today, I'm sure we'll see each other at some point.

Ladies -t hanks for a fun and pleasantly "deep" evening! I think the wait staff got as much out of it as we did. :lol:

Hi Cynthia, we're happy to see you here! You came up during our conversation post-meeting lastnight -- and I wanted to let you know that we were all extremely impressed with your determination and persistence. Many people have given up under the pressure of many fewer obstacles. We're all hoping your challenges are resolved quickly!

Angela

Sent! I'm sure we'll see each other.

Okay, so I dont know about you, but I pack it in before a fill haha. I'm having a big Breakfast, and I have food for a biggish lunch, so that being on liquids for 24 hours won't kill me. Also, in case I'm supposed to go out tonight! Also I know my eating days are over again. So for Breakfast today I am having:

1 egg, chevre cheese, lox, spinach, Tomato (mix up in salad - no need for dressing bc of juiciness of tomato, creaminess of cheese)

lunch is up in the air.

I'm the total opposite. I will probably not eat or drink anything before my fill... for one because my appt is at the time that I'm usually starting to get hungry. I really need to get better about eating breakfast, but I've never been a morning eater.

HI CYNTHIA!!!!! I am so glad you are on here girl! I just want to say that I am so impressed with your determination and resolve. You are going to get there.....I know it is so frustrating to have to deal with all of this....and it just plain isn't fair! Hang in there and keep your chin up. Advocate for yourself as you would for your patients. You are worth it:eek: Keep us posted on what's happening. I think most of us are on here checking the posts now at least once per day. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. It's all going to work out...just keep telling yourself that!

Girls....yes I got home just fine. I feel great this morning. Last night was one of the best nights I can remember over the past year. Laughing so much must have released some endorphins or something, because I feel great this morning. Thanks for hanging around and talking so much. I love that kind of stuff....:kiss2: Oh, and Holli...I think I need to file a claim on your car insurance for my head injury.....there is a lump there that is all swollen this morning..........Did I make you sweat a little?????:heh: :heh: Just kidding:biggrin1: !!!!!

For lunch today???? Oh yeah....I guess it is lunch time....I slept in until 10:00, so I'm not really thinking food just yet. Hubby and I are going to go out to a movie this afternoon. You guys are probably headed out to your appointments. Happy restriction (or lack thereof Holli:p ) to all of you.

Cate-I usually do not eat much before my fill because I don't want all that food sitting in my stomach pressing back on the band when he is filling it. Probably not scientific, but in my mind I always thought that if I went in with a full stomach, he would feel more resistance on the syringe when he was filling me and not give me as much.....probably a stupid theory, but.....

Hope you guys are having a great day. Love you all!!

Robyn

I was surprised to have someone in the room, while getting my fill, who is not a medical professional. It was very uncomfortable to me, in a few different ways, but I don't plan on staying silent about it. I'd be more than happy to join you in a discussion. I have no right to complain if I'm not willing to do something about it, right? My patience "grace period" started when I had to lift my shirt up with "visitors" (e.g. not a nurse) in the room, and ended when I left the office today.

It definitely did not make for a comfortable experience. There were questions I wanted to ask Dr. H - about things I'm experiencing - that I did not ask because I did not feel comfortable. To have that be the situation disappoints me.

As for the other issue - here's my "both sides of the story problem" I was talking about lastnight.

On one hand - I would not do it, and don't necessarily appreciate it being done. It never feels good to say something in jest, and not know how it was taken or delivered beyond the original message. On the flip side, we can never assume that a discussion on a public board is going to remain private. Even in a chat. H

With that being acknowledged - I would hope there'd be an element of tact, or at the very least discretion, between realizing people are saying something in jest among themselves, and taking it beyond the group having the discussion, and possibly beyond what it was intended as. There's now the possibility for some people to become quite embarassed, because inside jokes are not apparent to outside viewers, and that's really too bad.

Uhhhh... can I turn my brain off now? :eek:

Hi guys it's me again. I talked to Billie today and she said he looked at my films and isn't quite sure where my band is. He said it might have moved up but not sure the only way to tell is to do surgery. So Billie is sending a letter to my insurance to see if they will cover a revision or not. So hopefully they'll have an answer from the insurance company by the time they get back from California. Then if that goes ok I have to try and get some time off work. Right now my boss says I can't take any time til August or September. I may go crazy if I have to wait that long. I need to keep up with you guys to stay motivated.

Sorry I missed out on whatever you girls did last night after group. It sounds like you guys had a great time. Thinking of lots of things to ask and write about. But after reading some earlier things tonight I'm a little scared to right now. Maybe I'll check back in tomorrow. I already know I have to go into work in the morning and do a couple of cases. Have a great weekend. Hopefully we will all have some fun.

Scared to ask because of some of our things you read earlier tonight, or just some things you read about the band? If anything we've written has scared you, know that it's all in fun, and our bark is way worse than our bite. :eek:

Please keep in touch, here, chat, whatever.

dinner was fun, once we figured out where to go!!! You should join us next time!

As for the other issue - here's my "both sides of the story problem" I was talking about lastnight.

On one hand - I would not do it, and don't necessarily appreciate it being done. It never feels good to say something in jest, and not know how it was taken or delivered beyond the original message. On the flip side, we can never assume that a discussion on a public board is going to remain private. Even in a chat. H

With that being acknowledged - I would hope there'd be an element of tact, or at the very least discretion, between realizing people are saying something in jest among themselves, and taking it beyond the group having the discussion, and possibly beyond what it was intended as. There's now the possibility for some people to become quite embarassed, because inside jokes are not apparent to outside viewers, and that's really too bad.

Uhhhh... can I turn my brain off now? :eek:

I agree with you 100%.....we know that whatever we post on here is public knowledge. However, I question the intent or even malice with which it was shared. Not to mention the professionalism of the person who shared the info with Dr. H. Then for there to be the "it's one of them" talk outside doors before seeing patients is absolutely uncalled for and ridiculous. Who cares....and why is it important to point that out before an appt with the doc anyway? If "he" truly doesn't care, like they indicated last night...then why keep bringing it up??

Yes I am "one of them"....I am one who has supported the program 150% through thick and thin....I am "one of them" that has openly advertised even on LBT for their program and even private messaged people to tell them great things and encourage them to have their surgery there....I am "one of them" (and only one of very few) that has faithfully attended practically every single support group, with one of the reasons being to help Billie out in having older bandsters there....I am "one of them" that has encouraged new bandsters to keep coming to support groups when they no longer want to go.....I am "one of them" that has a true desire to be a product of a great bariatric program because that is what I represent.....I am "one of them" that honestly wants support groups to be successful and worthwhile to all who participate, thus sharing feedback from the group that may not be easy for them to hear.... So yah, I guess they are right...I am "one of them". Unfortunately, I may not be much longer if this craziness continues. Very very sad where this is going....

I guess I'm just more disappointed than anything....Being in the healthcare field myself for 8 years, I know that ANYTIME I am training a new person that will be following me....it is a STANDARD OF CARE to first ask the patient "I have someone training with me today...do you mind if they come in and watch how I do things??" This then gives the patient the right to refuse or accept the person being privledged to their private health information.

I of course, understand the frustration and the disbelief that there must have been when she walked in the room. I too, would have been to flabergasted to say anything at the time. But would have sat there extremely embarrassed, intimidated not to ask or say things that I would have otherwise, as well as feeling that my privacy was being violated. I know for a fact I wouldn't have done anything differently......However, this day needs to be used as a learning experience for everyone....not only Dr H's office, but also us as customers and patients.

It's one thing to be a "patient advocate"....and offer words of encouragement and support when people ask for it. It's another for a non-qualified, non-medically trained individual to be acting as a health professional and giving out education/health materials or in any way giving out medical advice. I am saddened and disappointed they are putting themselves and their patients in this situation......we shouldn't even have to be discussing this.

Just my 2 cents after all that has happened today. I'm done rambling now:rolleyes: