Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Angela-

It's funny you should mention this because over the past 2 weeks, I noticed the VERY SAME THING!! I can no longer feel my port at all, where I always could before. I also have a little "bump" which I'm not sure what it is, but it is definitely not the port. I just figured that I have started losing some of the fatty tissue 'underneath' where the port is and it is just more sunken down now. I actually wasn't worried about it at all, but have been thrilled not to feel it anymore:p Also, I don't seem to notice it getting "agitated" during sex, or when I bend over something or turn funny....which I am also thrilled about;)

Good News. Dr S approved me for surgery this morning! Should be getting my date soon! You all were right .. patience! I still have another appointment BUT I am approved so I can get a surgery date.

YEAH!

Thanks, I am feeling pretty relieved. How long per the office calling with a date? I understand with Dr H its usually about 4-6 wks AFTER Dr. S approves you.

Greetings from Tampa Bay!

My port never bothered me, so not feeling it did cause some alarm. Not worried about it though, the "smaller inside too" philosophy makes sense. I hadn't thought of that. As long as Dr. H can feel it if/when I get another fill, I'll be good.

I'll also report that even though I spent 3 more hours in the sky yesterday than I originally planned, I had no problems at all eating lastnight or lunch today. That's a first! Usually even just the quick 50 min trip from KC to IL is enough to close me up.

Hi ALL her in KS,(Wheetin in IL too) Took some time to reveiw your before and after pictures today. AMAZING is all I can say! Robin you don't even look like the same person!!!! I hope I can be as successful as this group! Hints, obsertvations and right out "you must do's" are all welcome!

Congrats on breaking through to the 40's!!! :high5:

I need a reminder. When did you get your band? It feels like it was just 4-5 months ago. You seem to be tearing your way through those pounds girl. Keep up the good work.

OFF TOPIC

Hey all. Sorry I haven't been posting much. Seems we all have been a bit absent lately. Things have been very hectic for me lately at home and office. The office remodel is finally done but we are still left with trying to put everything back in their new homes.

As most of you know I've also been lazily searching for a new job. My husband finally kicked me in the butt and made me get a resume posted on careerbuilder.com as well as putting in that application to NFM. In one week I had 4 calls for interview. The last one I went to was actually one that didn't even know if I was still looking for a new job. He had heard of me through the grapevine from a business associate that had known I was contemplating a move last year but had no idea if I was still interested in leaving my company. The first time I got to speak to the gentleman we talked for over an hour on the phone. Then I met him off site for an interview this morning that last 3+ hours and another 2 hour talk later that afternoon at his business. He practically gave me the job on the spot at nearly $1/hr more than I make now. The job would be 80% accounting 20% customer service/sales. Right now I do the opposite 20% accounting 80% sales. So I'm just a bit nervous that he might not be getting someone as able to jump into the job and run with less training than I might need. But I'm still pretty confident I could pick it up. We left it that we would schedule a few hours over a day or two next week for me to be shown a little more of the job maybe even try to work a half day for him. Then we could both decide if it was as good a fit as it seemed in the interview. I've been at my current job for almost 9 years so changing is a bit scary for me.

Positives:

0.95/hr better pay

401K with first 3% matched at 100% (vs. NO 401K)

A year end bonus that takes work performance into acct (vs. bonus that is ALWAYS the same every year)

More flexible rules on taking time off

<10 min from home (vs. 25-40min depending on traffic)

Negatives:

Fairfax - Not the best neighborhood (vs. heart of Jo Co)

Older (circa 1960's) Style Office Decor

(vs. newly remodeled)

Fear of failure to learn new duties

all sick or personal days though allowed are unpaid.

Strange rule about how personal calls and e-mails are allowed but only if done from a phone/computer other than your own.

I really did get a good vibe from the guy and when I added up the monetary value of wages/benefits of each job (even taking into account the loss of paid sick days it still came out to a $1.43/hr better pay. But I'm still nervous. I'd be replacing a gal that he fired after 4 months because she wasn't working out. He says she was taken on at a much lower wage with the knowledge she was a novice. He said that to calm my fears but that only makes me feel more nervous about his expectations with taking me on at the higher wage he is willing to offer me.

BACK TO TOPIC

My last fill has made me very tight. I can only eat and drink very small amounts at a time. Though I still don't seem to have any new foods that I plain can't eat. And I haven't PB'd but I have been having terrible acid reflux when I drink Water. As a result I've lost another 4 pounds since my fill last Wednesday! That makes 2 weeks in the last month that I've lost more than 1 to 1-1/2 pounds. The only 2 times outside of the liquid phase that ever happened!

LAST NOTE

I also wanted to say I had a great time at the Blue Nile. Hope we can do it again soon. Someone else can pick the next restaurant though :) .

Congrats on breaking through to the 40's!!! :high5:

I need a reminder. When did you get your band? It feels like it was just 4-5 months ago. You seem to be tearing your way through those pounds girl. Keep up the good work.

I was banded 5/2/06, so I've lost 67 lbs in 20 weeks so an avg of 3.3 lbs per week.

20 weeks - I can't believe I was so close to right on the timing.

3.3 POUNDS PER WEEK !!!! :hail:

I may be farther along time wise than you but you are still one of my hero's and give me inspiration to keep on with the struggle when it gets tough.

At 20 weeks I had only lost 30 pounds or 1.5 pounds per week. Right now my average for the last 53 weeks is 1.47 pounds.

Aww thanks :)

Yeah the thing that helps me is knowing that we ALL struggle - even people who have lost 150 lbs. struggle. When I was feeling really down on myself for not eating and exercising like I had been, and we started the accountability log, that helped me A LOT. Just to know that everyone struggles - its not always easy.

I just went out and had the BEST Breakfast - crabby benedicts. See info on accountability log.