Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DATE CHANGED!!! I NEEDED A WAY TO KICK MY BUTT

Hi {Family},

First I want to say Happy New Years Eve!!!! And thank you to all that voted in my previous post. I ordered some Vitamins from Walgreens.com (they have an awesome end of year BOGO AND $10 off sale).

I just changed my date from Feb 10 to January 22. I needed to kick myself in the butt and in high gear. This morning (in the wee hours) after spending some "romantic" ;) (TMI huh?) time with my husband, I stood in the mirror completely naked. I mean really just looking at myself in a 360 kind of way. Then I began to think:

Well maybe I am not THAT big. Maybe this extra chin is NOT a problem. Maybe making love in the dark isn't SO bad. After about 30 mins in the mirror, I had talked myself out of the surgery.

I went to bed thinking, this IS the me I'm suppose to be, right?

Fastforward to about 2 hours ago, after squeezing into my size 18/20 jeans and looking for my Ashley Stewart card, REALITY hit me {literally in my chest after climbing the stairs}.

This is NOT who I WANT to be or am SUPPOSED to be.

I make an executive decision {didn't call my hubby until after the call} to move me into the next available slot with Dr. Rod in TJ.

So I am going on Jan 22 and I am TOOOOOOOOO excited. I start my pre-op about 10 days before (only need 7 but want to make sure) and cutting up my Ashley Stewart card for good. I will not buy any "new" {exchange doesn't count right} clothes for 6 months post-op.

I am ready to make this change. No more listening to the noise around me. As long as my husband supports me, then I am all :D .

I am going to count on you guys to kick me in the bootay {lol} every now and then during pre-op (I know I'm going to need it).

Game Plan

Jan 1-9 Shop online for all the "Must haves you guys recommended"

Jan 10th- Celebrate my 25 birthday and the LAST Birthday as "Big" Anna party.gif

Jan 11-15 Cook all of the Hubby's favorite foods to freeze. Get all major appts out the way (dentist/ortho, OBGYN, PCP), mimi pre-op

Jan 15-22 Pre-op diet

Jan. 22 Entering my cacoon! :Dancing_tongue:

Congratulations. Sounds like you have everything in line. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Your post has excited me.. more! I am moving forward with this surgery. I now how it feels to be at weight and how great I felt. I am eager to get started as well. I will follow your story and hopefully join you in this journey soon. Please post your experience with Dr. Rod. I am still narrowing down on which MD I will go to.

Happy New Year to you. This will be the beginning of a new you!

Anna,

Congratulations!! I'm also considering Dr Rod. so I'm anxious to hear how your experience. Good luck!!

Love it, love it, love it ... congrats on your decision and your new date. You are going to do GREAT!

Hi {Family},

First I want to say Happy New Years Eve!!!! And thank you to all that voted in my previous post. I ordered some Vitamins from Walgreens.com (they have an awesome end of year BOGO AND $10 off sale).

I just changed my date from Feb 10 to January 22. I needed to kick myself in the butt and in high gear. This morning (in the wee hours) after spending some "romantic" ;) (TMI huh?) time with my husband, I stood in the mirror completely naked. I mean really just looking at myself in a 360 kind of way. Then I began to think:

Well maybe I am not THAT big. Maybe this extra chin is NOT a problem. Maybe making love in the dark isn't SO bad. After about 30 mins in the mirror, I had talked myself out of the surgery.

I went to bed thinking, this IS the me I'm suppose to be, right?

Fastforward to about 2 hours ago, after squeezing into my size 18/20 jeans and looking for my Ashley Stewart card, REALITY hit me {literally in my chest after climbing the stairs}.

This is NOT who I WANT to be or am SUPPOSED to be.

I make an executive decision {didn't call my hubby until after the call} to move me into the next available slot with Dr. Rod in TJ.

So I am going on Jan 22 and I am TOOOOOOOOO excited. I start my pre-op about 10 days before (only need 7 but want to make sure) and cutting up my Ashley Stewart card for good. I will not buy any "new" {exchange doesn't count right} clothes for 6 months post-op.

I am ready to make this change. No more listening to the noise around me. As long as my husband supports me, then I am all :D .

I am going to count on you guys to kick me in the bootay {lol} every now and then during pre-op (I know I'm going to need it).

Game Plan

Jan 1-9 Shop online for all the "Must haves you guys recommended"

Jan 10th- Celebrate my 25 birthday and the LAST Birthday as "Big" Anna party.gif

Jan 11-15 Cook all of the Hubby's favorite foods to freeze. Get all major appts out the way (dentist/ortho, OBGYN, PCP), mimi pre-op

Jan 15-22 Pre-op diet

Jan. 22 Entering my cacoon! :Dancing_tongue:

Good for you!!!!! All I have to say honey, is check out my ticker. . . hopefully this will help motivate you a bit more about the surgery! Good luck!

Thanks guys! Does anyone have an update on their GPS weightloss. We are starting to get a nice bunch of people here to look at some process. My friend asked me why not the sleeve, but I am too worried about the whole leaking/dumping complications. So GPSers.... any updates?

I have thought many of the same things you have in the past couple of months. That is why I purchased my plane tickets without a refund available. Just to give me the extra courage as time gets closer and I start to act more and more like a chicken. I know this is what I need and I look back at all the failed attempts at keeping my excess weigth off.

2011 is the year of positive change in my life.

Yay!!! congratulations on starting the year with a kick in the butt...we all need it! huh!

BTW, when you do cook all the stuff......make sure you make up some chicken Soup for you post op...home made Soup (old school, chicken skin and bones and veg)....separate about half to turn into broth and freeze in containers, the other shred the chicken and veg and put in containers...as you go through food phases you can unfreeze and just have broth or have some of the chicken soup (chicken and veg) blended and then just as soup.....

I know having my own broth was wonderful and gave me a little more calorie/protein intake on those first few days....

Good luck and keep us posted!

Yay!!! congratulations on starting the year with a kick in the butt...we all need it! huh!

BTW, when you do cook all the stuff......make sure you make up some chicken Soup for you post op...home made Soup (old school, chicken skin and bones and veg)....separate about half to turn into broth and freeze in containers, the other shred the chicken and veg and put in containers...as you go through food phases you can unfreeze and just have broth or have some of the chicken soup (chicken and veg) blended and then just as soup.....

I know having my own broth was wonderful and gave me a little more calorie/protein intake on those first few days....

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks. Great tip. I just got the Vitamins and flight socks.. Just need a Magic Bullet and I'm on my way!