Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 13 days post-op and I am still on liquids. I get hungry and I hope that when I get to actually eat something it will get better. Their are times I get so hungry I want to just scream "screw it" and go eat the first thing I can find, but of course I don't.

I am on soft foods and that still happens to me. If I'm getting in my water/fluid inbetween it helps.

Give yourself some time ... while on liquids and mushies, it's hard to find the "full" spot. It will come. I promise! Right now, focus on eating the quantities you've been given. Your staple line needs to heal.

I found that warm liquids really helped soothe the hunger and generally made me feel a lot better those few weeks after surgery.

Yeah, everyone says you won't get hungry with this surgery but I'm a little over a week out now and I'm already getting the hunger grumbling in my stomach. A friend who also had the procedure done says that she also got very hungry and wanted to snack a lot during her second week post-op. Just a guess but it's probably because your stomach is finally recovering and you still have quite a bit of ghrelin in your system - it takes time for that to diminish in your system.

I have been having butternut squash Soup. It has made me feel full and actually made me feel like I was eating real food. The yogurt, pudding, and cream Soups felt more like a snack. Sometimes I don't know if I'm hungry or if its head hunger. My tummy always grumbles and makes noises!

I am still in the liquid phase, and I am definitely hungry. However, I've read many times that once you start getting solid foods, you will feel the restriction more, and you will feel less hunger.

I'm in my 4th month and am hungry alot. I've been trying different PPI's but they don't eliminate my hunger. I am disheartened, as I was really sure this surgery was going to eliminate my hunger. Now I'm hungry and I can't eat very much (yes it's good that I can't get very much in), but I'M HUNGRY ALL THE TIME, and I WANT THAT FEELING TO GO AWAY!!!

sad.gif

:blink: OH Thank YOu!! I have been just freaking out that i am feeling hunger.. I am only 14 days post op. starting the soft foods phase now is a little better and of course I feel full quickly with tthe prescribed amounts but like an hour laster Im tummy-grumbling.it feels empty .. so i keep telling myself to eat SLOWER ( 30min) .it is scary to me. Im jogging on treadmill though so am burning up cals and have a HX of PCOS with high insulin levels ( insulin makes you feel hunger) so im hoping as insulin resistance levels drop with the weigfht coming off the hunger pains will stop.. thanks to those of you who let us know what to expect.. it really helps.

I'm in my 4th month and am hungry alot. I've been trying different PPI's but they don't eliminate my hunger. I am disheartened, as I was really sure this surgery was going to eliminate my hunger. Now I'm hungry and I can't eat very much (yes it's good that I can't get very much in), but I'M HUNGRY ALL THE TIME, and I WANT THAT FEELING TO GO AWAY!!!

sad.gif

sad.gif

Hi, Sleevesearch--

I have been hungry my whole life so I know what you mean. I am not sleeved yet but I have a couple thoughts about your hunger. First, have you had blood chemistries lately? Sometimes the body needs something and makes us crave food. Secondly, (and this is disheartening) I am sure you know that it's better to make your hunger go away with vegetables than with sweets and other high-calorie goop. Does exercise make you less hungry? It does with some people. You have lost 28 lbs and can do the rest, I know you can.

I didn't feel hunger until about week 4. I am now 5mths out and I am not as hungry as I was in the beginning... hopefully it will get better for you! Good luck =]