Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous

jlo
Sign in to follow this  

AHHHH...My doc called and moved my gps surgery date up to Dec 20th....Im getting so nervous ...I keep having weird dreams regarding wls....Did anyone else have weird dreams leading up to surgery...I have such mixed emotions..Im nervous...but so excited to start a "new life" with a new tool...But its gonna be tough around christmas to recovery from surgery...the only thing keeping me sane is thinking how great im gonna look and feel...I got all my Protein Shakes, Soups, pudding...Have to grab some gas strips and an prilosec...Anything else I should bring??? Oh and can someone push over and make room for me on the loossser bench:)

AHHHH...My doc called and moved my gps surgery date up to Dec 20th....Im getting so nervous ...I keep having weird dreams regarding wls....Did anyone else have weird dreams leading up to surgery...I have such mixed emotions..Im nervous...but so excited to start a "new life" with a new tool...But its gonna be tough around christmas to recovery from surgery...the only thing keeping me sane is thinking how great im gonna look and feel...I got all my Protein shakes, Soups, pudding...Have to grab some gas strips and an prilosec...Anything else I should bring??? Oh and can someone push over and make room for me on the loossser bench:)

My surgery is today! At 1:20pm!!! I also had weird dreams about the surgery and food. I was nervous up until last night and now I just can't describe how I am feeling. Not calm but quiet and not talkative. As far as what to bring I was told chapstick and a small pillow for the ride home...helps with the bumps in the road. Good luck! It looks like we are both getting a pretty nice present for Christmas!

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. While on the pre-op diet I have been having dreams about eating things I shouldn't. Last night I ate a whole chicken. Talk about wierd. I was glad when I woke up and realized it was only a dream. Good luck to you. You are just a week behind me.

ahh, yes, I too was nervous as could be! And yep, I had the odd dreams before and after. Just imagine the future, how great you will feel, and look,,, thats what I did, and it helped! Good luck to all of you, please keep posting, we need more action on this board!

Karen

So I had my surgery on December 20th as planned...Sorry I haven't replied sooner...just wanted to get thru xmas...so here is my story...Im a 32 year old mother of 2...I have been married for 10years to my best friend. I have been overweight my whole life and have yo yo diet my whole life...Name the diet plan and I have tried it...Name the diet pill, serum, shots I have tried it. In 2002 I decided it was time to do something so I had a surgery date for lapband but chicken out at the last minute... I didn't like the idea of pb'ing, band slippage or erosion. So I made it my personal goal to lose weight with weight watchers and.....I lost 110lbs and got within 12 lbs of a healthy doctor chart goal weight. However I did over time gain it all back and then some and never was able to find my weight watcher mojo again. So I started researching wls again around May of this year. I was originally looking at the sleeve. Then in July and August when I found this site and people like cknorte who had the surgery. I decided gps was it...So I made an appointment with Dr Corvala in Mexico for August 25th or so...and quess what on august 15th I cancelled/chicken out..... I was so disappointed in myself and vowed to loose it again with weight watchers...But...That never happened to I started researching doctors near me in nh...I didn't want to travel and found Dr Gagner in Montreal Canada.. He hadn't done alot of plications around 20 or so but was on the surgical team years ago that invented gastric sleeve, rnys etc. He has worked for Mt. Sinia and Cornnell as well and oh he practiced only 3 hours from me. So Dec 19th we went to Canada spent Sunday night at a nearby hotel...Dr Gagner came by the hotel and sat with us by a fire in the lobby and told us all about what to expect. I was scared shitless to say the least...He was talking about possible spleen problems, sweeling...etc...We left him to go to our room and I told my husband to take me home asap. He looked at me and said Jen this is your time to shine...this is your time to do what you want but make a decision that you will never regret. So....I didn't sleep at all Sunday night and you know what motivated me to show up for surgery on Monday......fat pics of my self that I had saved on my phone...pics of my in a bathing suit...pics of me hiking sweating with my kids. I looked at those pics over and over and said to my self this is it.....They told me to go the surgical clinic at 8pm and not eat anything after 10pm Sunday night...By the way Dr Gagner didn't have me on a preop diet....But I did one anyways...I check in at 8 got a room and roommate...Got some pills a little Water and then...I waited...and waited...The only saving grace whas that my new roommate who was in surgery parents where awesome. My roommate was getting a RNY and his father who was with him had WLS in April and was telling me all about it. THis really calmed me down. I asked for a little something to take the edge of but no such luck...Finally at 1215 I walked into the OR...They strapped me down and then...all I remember is them saying Jen your all done where taking your breathing tube out. I woke up in recovery not in pain...just uncomfortable....I did however wake up with a stomach drain coming out of my nose...Gross right...Dr Gagner explained that I had alot of swelling and that the drain would help with the pressure in my stomach and nauseos...I don't think anyone else on here has had a stomach drain..Im pretty sure it was an extra precaution...Even though it was irrating it really wasn't that bad....I had fun in the recovery room because I was awake and Monday was also plastic surgery day at the surgical clinic and I got to see some women open there eyes for the first time to examine there bigger boobs...lol..I asked to leave recovery earlier only after 45min and be brought back to my room. I slept off and on Monday night...I had some really crazy dreams...must have been the meds...I didnt get any pain meds until 2pm...and get this...they only ones they gave me for pain had to be in suppository form. :( Monday night was ruff but not because of pain more so my pain in the butt roomate...who snored so bad I needed ear plugs and he keeped walking and would forget to turn of his oxygen machine and it would be all night. OHH and even though my TOM wasn't for 2 weeks I started....Uhhhh..I think it had something to do with the blood thinners...Be prepared for this even if your not supppose to start your tom... Tuesday was better the doc took out my stomach drain which he actually let me do and told me that if I could drink a liter of water and eat some broth and hold it down I could go to my hotel for the night....I drank even thought I wasnt hungry or thirsty and had no vomiting at all....Tuesday I was discharged and Wednesday I left to go back home...Im on day 5 and today I feel great...a little sore around incisions but other than that and easily tired im good. I can drink alot of different liguids no problem including liquid yogurt...Started protien drinks ...you really have to find one you like and stick with it....I have never loved popsicles so much in my life...haha those seem to go down no problem...I did have a few minutes of buyers remorse but it quickly went away...i think that is linked to the anesthia...or pain killers in my system...I haven't taken any painkillers during the day since I left the hospital I have taken one a night just to help me sleep and help with incision pain...Any way just a little blurb about my experience...My husband was a great nurse and my kids loved that fact they have there grandparents here to help me out....Im very excited for 2011 and all the changes it will bring for me...I also want to thank everyone...the pioneers...who put all the info out there and gave us the courage to do it....