Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 day countdown

So after some arm wrestling i got blue cross to cry uncle, had my pre-op clearance, and I'm scheduled for wednesday AM (dec 15 -- Northwestern in Chicago).

I have been *so* good for the past two weeks. stopped smoking, stopped drinking, did not let one carb pass my lips. Even was compliant on that damn CPAP machine. I hate that (*^_($^(# thing.

Tonight, after confirming alcohol was not a carb, I went ahead and had a couple (vodka). Smack me with a noodle, but i was starting to lose it. What a really wanted was a going away party with white castle, but I held back.

I actually don't mind the whole Protein Shake thing. I got a gold card at GNC, and I think the 42G Protein Shots are fine. I honestly like those Ostrim meat stick things. So that 'll be fine. I'm pretty sure the "iso" whey thing is just a marketing gimmick, so clue a brother in on that. thoughts?

What i'm gong to miss is pizza. and crusty bread. Crap -- I'll stop talking. Look at the audience -- im sure you know what i mean.

So anyway, glad I found this group. I may need some help doing those ticker updates. Tomorrow I take my "before" measurements and pics, even though I've already lost 8 lbs on the pre-op diet.

I'm ready.

cheers.

Michael you can get a ticker here www.TickerFactory.com then once you've configured it, paste the URL into your signature on your profile.

I'm only a couple of weeks out and am not really missing naughty foods yet.

Good luck! biggrin.gif

The good news is that we will be able to eat pizza again. Probably not Chicago style, that may kill us. You may have to switch to St Louis style. I still miss smoking everyday.

I would try to find a Protein shake you like post op besides the shots. You will want something in your stomach after a few days post op besides Jello, Popsicles and broth.

I think a lot of us cheated on our pre op diets or at least came very close to it.

Congrats on getting approved! WOO HOO!

Good luck with your sleeve! This group is the best thing I found during this whole process.

Wow, I am so impressed with you! I've been doing the pre-op diet, too, but if I had to quit smoking on top of that, I think I would have lost my mind!! You deserve major congrats, and you are soooo ready to be successful!

Good Luck. If you can get pass the pre-op diet and all, the rest will be a breeze. I am 12 days post op. I know some food will be eaten again but in a much smaller quantity and better for me. It will only be thin crust in the future and probably will make me own so I can control what is put on it. Only a few more days for you.

It's been 6 days and I even feel skinnier. Remember to bring something for husband to read. Take All peircings out. Good luck the worst part for me was back pain so what 2 days and it was gone.

Llopezh@aol.com

The good news is that we will be able to eat pizza again. Probably not Chicago style, that may kill us. You may have to switch to St Louis style. I still miss smoking everyday.

I would try to find a Protein shake you like post op besides the shots. You will want something in your stomach after a few days post op besides Jello, Popsicles and broth.

I think a lot of us cheated on our pre op diets or at least came very close to it.

Okay -- so i've been sleeved! Surgery went well, but they found a hernia and a big fatty tumor (softball size, still waiting on pathology) so I was in surgery for 5 and half hours. I just got home, and I'm still a lttle shakey.

Quick question, which i'll post in the post-op supplements forum too. I got these "New Whey liquid protein" supplements from GNC. They are 3.8 once tubes claiming 42 grams of Protein each. On the way out of the hospital, my nutritionist said they werent any good because they had mostly collagen protein. Can anybody give me the definitive 411 on collegen protein? is it really worthless?

Wow, that was a long surgery. Hope you are feeling fine. Keep us posted and I am saying a little prayer that everything turns out ok.

Congrats Michael,

That's a long surgery-I hope the pathology turns out OK on the tumor. I also have heard that that type of Protein isn't as good as a pure Protein shake or an eas advantage shake. I too am from Chicago, and am pretty freaked out about not being able to enjoy pizza or cheezy beefs anymore -LOL. I get sleeved on Monday, it's good to see another active male on here. Keep checking in on your progress.

Go Bears!