Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just sleeved on Tues and have questions about the pain

I was sleeved on 12/7 and released from the hospital yesterday. I guess this would be day 3. I have difficulties taking pain meds...they make me throw up. So I have a pain med, but it doesn't seem to help much. Can someone please tell me how long the pain lasts? Please let me know so I can get an avg time. Today was really rough, so I need to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks.

The pain is totally individual... some people have very little pain, some people have a lot.

If you cannot stomach that pain killer, call that doctor up and tell him to send a different prescription. My doc sent me home with Percoset, which is TOO STRONG, it knocks me out so I don't take it. I got some children's liquid tylenol and take that instead.

Just don't suffer in silence. Pick up that phone and raise a ruckus....

Feel better fast

Cindrella

For me the pain was the worst on day 3. By day 5, I was off all pain meds. It is different for everyone. I would call your dr. Don't suffer through this. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

I had a terrible time after surgery! By day 14 I was feeling normal and much better.

I didn't have any pain so I am no help. Are the pain meds making you throw up because they are too big and hard to get down?

You can get liquid pain medication. Call your doctor!

Call your doctor and explain that you are not only in pain, but you are nauseous. You can get something for nausea too.

I was sleeved on 12/6. I was told that when you are dehydrated, you may throw up. I had the "dry heaves" in hospital because I was not drinking enough Water. When I came home on the 8th, I was given liquid vicodin. Before taking it I sip some Water slowly. Then I sip the vicodin slowly. After that I take Zofran for nausea -it melts in the mouth. Then I rest until it the pain subsides.

blk-weight.png

I was sleeved on 12/7 and released from the hospital yesterday. I guess this would be day 3. I have difficulties taking pain meds...they make me throw up. So I have a pain med, but it doesn't seem to help much. Can someone please tell me how long the pain lasts? Please let me know so I can get an avg time. Today was really rough, so I need to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks.

Thanks.

they do have pain med suppositories, so if you cant take it by mouth you can use them rectally....hope you feel better soon, for me day 5 i quit all pain meds except an occasional liquid tylenol...:)

I was sleeved a few days before you (12/3) and when i woke up from surgery i was in the most pain i had ever experienced in my life i felt like i had just gotten run over by a bus. I went home that day and by the next day i felt pretty good. By day 3 i felt almost fine. I forced myself to walk alot. Its cold outside so i just stay in my pjs and do laps and laps and laps around the house. It really helps and i think thats why i am recovering so quickly. I know walking dosnt sound fun but i think you will find that it really really helps. Good luck and it gets easyer every day =)

havent had sugery yet but surgeon has already gave me scripts for liquid pain meds. IT Seems to me that it would be so much easier to take a liquid that a pill considering what just happened to your body..Good luck

Thanks.

Hi

I was sleeved on 12/7 and am still in pain. I have liquid Vicodin but the tastes (even flavored) makes my gag. I seemed to feel better in the hospital but I was also on IV meds. I have the most pain near the drain and in the Hernia repairs that were done.

I was told day 3 is the worst so hopefully today it will start getting better.

Hope you feel better soon.

Stacy

I only took pain meds for 3 days. Really day 3 was just for headaches. Everyone is different. I had my surgery on Dec. 6th. Hope you get better soon!

I had surgery on Dec 6. I did great day 1 and 2 but it was because when I felt pain I push my pain pump. On day two they took that away and I literally cried when they gave me the loratab or lortab (liquid pain med). I was scared to swallow and it tasted so horrible I was afraid to throw up. I learned how to take it with the help of a very patient nurse. Tiny sip pain med, tiny sip Water, tiny sip pain med, tiny sip water...it took 20 mins to take my pain med. I came home on day 3 and it was a horrible night because of the car ride (3hours). Day 4 I guess was a little better. Day 5 I went to the pharmacy and bought liquid tylenol. Suprised it was easy to find. It doesnt work like the lortab but it takes the edge off. I still take a long time to take a dose it tastes nasty but it helps. It cost about $6.00 and I figured I will use it in the future for headaches so I wont waste it at all. I too think walking makes a big difference. I am not ready to take everything on again but I feel like I am getting back to normal each day.

I was sleeved on 11/29. For me, the most painful thing was the drain. My incisions didn't hurt so much, but that darn drain drove me nuts! Once I had that taken out, I started to feel better. I had a hard time taking the liquid medicine at first because everything felt so tight inside. But after a few days, I started to feel better and was able to take the medicine better.

I guess I was a lucky one because I had no pain from surgery just gas pains and pain meds won't help those!! I would make sure you talk to your doctor again though and get something different to help with the pain!!