Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please talk some sense into me...

Hello fellow sleevers,

Just thought I would post... I need a pep talk and I know you lot are brillant at this, as I have already read in abundance!

Ok, here goes...

I am feeling a little hacked off here... since the 9th Oct I have only lost 4lb and 2 inches! I know I was ill during that time- I had pnuemonia and was really poorly... I managed to put 4lb on too - but I just feel like I am failing myself! Since the 2nd Nov I have been feeling 'well'... eating as planned, Protein, protein, protein... low carb and plenty of Water. I am also back in the gym 2-3 times a week, I also walk and swim now too...

So, what the heck is going on... I know I am a slow loser and that is fine, but I really feel like the last 6-7 weeks have been a waste!!!

I am usually quite a positive person, glass always half full etc... but I have to be honest with you, I am starting to feel 'down' about it all and all my bad body images and feelings are coming back as I can't see any kind of change in myself in the last two months!

I really wanted to be around the 170- 180lb stage for christmas but I am currently 194lb.... GUTTED! My weight loss has dropped to less than 10lb a month now too....

Sorry about the moan, but I know this is a safe and honest place to let it all out, so to speak...

any words of wisdom, kindness or just a kick up my ass would be very much appreciated!

Hey Coop,

I have no words of wisdom but I am sending you my best. I am new to all of this but I could totally see how frustrating that would be! I hope someone has some good wisdom for you and your SHORT-TERM situation!

Remember the story of the Tortoise and the Hare? ? ? Yes, that is us. I can only imagine how frustrated you must be, but DO NOT give up on yourself or your sleeve. I also give the same advice when someone goes through a stall, and that is to shake things up a bit. Add 50-100 calories a day for a week and see how you feel and if the scale moves.

Hang in there, and like I said don't give in to those mind games of failure, or thinking you're not going to make it ! ! ! You can and you will.

I don't have any words of wisdom since I am not yet sleeved, but I think Tiff's suggestion is wise, and it's true for other types of weight loss, so why not VSG? I am sorry you are going through this, but I think you are doing so well! I hope you feel less frustrated soon!

I KNOW how frustrating that is. I am already thinking I will be a slow loser (all of my weight on my ticker is since surgery) and I'm thinking that if I've lost -26lbs in almost 6 weeks it will probably only get slower from here.

But you know what. It is one foot in front of the other, day by day. There is no finish line...I'm not saying don't have goals...but this is for life.

I think the hardest thing to do is do everything "right" and NOT see the results on the scale. It plays mind games with us. Frustrates the heck out of us. But you have the most amazing tool in your corner. I am so thankful for the sleeve because in a "normal" diet, this would be the point that I would give up, give into the cravings and start putting the weight back on.

I know the scale is going to drop for you soon. Hang in there, and know that this is for the long haul. Every pound makes a difference and keep doing what you know is right and eventually it will drop again!

I love Tiff's comparison, Hare and tortoise and I think it's very true. I'm a slow loser, but as I always say it's self inflicted. I eat 900-1000 cal a day and high carbs(my nut approves of this BTW). I havent lost anything in 3 weeks, but then again I don't weigh myself verfy often. I noticed that you haven't been updating you food diary, I had stopped but started again a few days ago. Has the snow got to you yet?? We have loads, my exercise for the last few days has been shovelling snow and playing out with the girls! DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!

You are safe to moan here...where else can you worry out loud? No need to despair, all is well. You might not hit goal when you want but you WILL reach it with a little more determination and grit than maybe some others require.

Sounds like you ARE loosing, which is fabulous. Don't compare yourself to others. You had a bad stretch where you were ill and your body was protecting itself to repair. Keep up what you know works and then shake it up a little as you have seen mentioned by others. Try something different every week. Work out with a little resistance, not just aerobic. You can do this with your already great disposition and maybe a little more patience.

ocgal

i know how you feel, i lost weight my first 2 weeks post-op and than nothing for 3weeks. Than i lost some last week and this week nothing. im trying to stay positive too. i know how hard it is, to see people losing alot while we fight for every pound we lose.

Your not alone we can do this together:rolleyes:

Hi Coop,

I have no magic words other than hang in there. It might be coming off slowly but it is coming off. I get days where I stall at the same weight and then suddenly its moving. I noticed it moves on the days I am heavy on the Protein. I have been unable to do the drinks since the surgery so I try to get my Protein where I can. I am at the mushy food stage so I made chicken and beef Soup and scrambled and egg into one. I then pureed it to the consistency of baby food and that is what I have been eating. Small amounts but its protein. You will lose it, fast or slow, you will lose. Just keep thinking about the end result.

Good luck

. I noticed that you haven't been updating you food diary, I had stopped but started again a few days ago. Has the snow got to you yet?? We have loads, my exercise for the last few days has been shovelling snow and playing out with the girls! DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!

Hey Chilo,

I stopped tracking as soon as I could see that my main routine was good and hitting where I wanted it to be... I also stopped 'cos I get really obessive with stuff like that and that was one of the reasons I had the sleeve, is not to be obessive...hahahahaaa... and look at me now... moaning and groaning!!!

We haven't had much snow, yet, but I am sure it will come over eventually!!!

Thanks for all your kind words everyone... I really expected to have a few kicks up my ass... and I appreciate the kindness instead of the kicks... needless to say I will kick myself instead...lol

I am still feeling a little down, and gibing myself time for this to ride out naturally instead of making myself feel better... if that makes sense!

But I am sure that this cloud will pass over soon... once again... THANK YOU ALL x

haha. Sorry, you are way too sweet to kick in the ass! :-) Seriously, though, this too shall pass. One thing I thought of the other day was that my friend who has had one of the few successful band stories that I know of was losing around 1 pound a month at the end of her weight loss journey, but she still got to goal!!!! How's that for tortoise and hare!? You will get there!

Hey all

thought I would give a quick up date... On my offical weigh day, I weighed the same, no loss , no gain... my measurements were to same too... so I guess my stall is still with me. What I have no come to accept, again, is that these stalls are par for the course with me (and many others) and it is something that I am just gonna have to get used to. I HAVE to get to my goal weight, I HAVE to do this... the whole reason for spending the money and having major surgery is to get fit and have a longer and healthier life. I suppose I have to accept that this is going to take a long time... but I will get there.

I think that the stall might be hormonal... my cycle is a mess, both before and after surgery... I am going to monitor it and if I need to I will go see my doc.

ANY HOW... I thought I would share a NSV with you all...on the weekend I bought a pair of calf length boots.... OMG... I could put them on and DO THE ZIP ALL THE WAY UP TO THE TOP... I haven't been able to do that for nearly 20 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dances hysterically around the room8

This means, that I can now wear them with a skirt or dress... Check me out ...lol

I really don't understand my body and how it works, but I love my new boots... =]

Well, doesn't that mean that your measurements changed - at least on your calves?

I don't know what measurements you are tracking but if the boots fit now but didn't before, something clearly changed :-)

I understand your frustration completely. I had my surgery on July 31st and I've only lost 35 pounds. I really wanted to be down 50 pounds by the end of the year. I've decided that I need to go back to shakes to better track exactly how much protein/calories I am taking in. (even though I was so tired of them by the end of the post op liquid diet.) We'll see if that kick starts things. I sure hope so. Best of luck to you!