Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I am getting SLEEVED!!!

I am glad you are doing so well! I have yet to get sleeved… so you didn't even have to stay the night at the hospital?!? Niceeeee

No I had to stay at the hospital around 6 hours though. Now I am at the hotel and my doctor visits and checks my vitals. It hasn't been to bad but I do have a pain in my chest... I think it is gas pain. Anyone already sleeved when did you, if ever stop having gas and or nausea pain?

I was generally sore and uncomfortable around the stomach, chest and up into my shoulder area for 4 days or so, then it seem to start being less noticeable. Once I was back at home in my own comforts it felt so much better. I think it is totally mental. You are doing awesome though because seriously on day two I wasn't in pain but I was just exhausted and the tv in my room did not get turned on ONCE. I just wanted to sleep though it was hard to get good rest. I had to make myself do my walking and breathing treatments. They did give you a spirometer to blow in, right? That is very very important so you don't get pneumonia. That would really make a persons chest feel like crap.

I am impressed too that you get a video of your procedure. That is one confident doctor. I likey! I jealous too.

Congratulations it sounds like you are well on your way to a great recovery. Thank you for keeping us updated on how you are doing. Take care you yourself and get lots of rest.

Yeah I loved the video recording too! I was excited about that when my husband told me an it was interesting seeing the inside of myself! I am home now and took my nausea and pain medicine at 8:30am this morning and haven't taken anything since. I have been drinking Water and capri suns with reduced sugar. My husband is watching everything I put in my mouth cause he is so worried about a leak. My surgeon said Clear Liquids for 1 full week post op. No Vitamins or Protein Powder just liquids... Can I have Popsicles?? I started to eat one and my hubby looked so scared! Is that alright to eat it as ice??

I was overnight at the hospital and they gave me iv pain meds and acid reducer. I did not have any issues. I did walk the hallways about every hour and that also helped in reliving pressure in working that out my system from surgery. I hope that you start feeling better soon. So far I love it and do not regret it all. I can't wait to see what the scale will say in a few days.....with all the fluids they gave me I gain 10 lbs. but that should drop back off pretty quickly.

You sound like you are doing great. I am hoping to be sleeved in February and very jealous of you right now. Ready to have mine behind me and on my way to recovery. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Wishing you a smooth course and just walk and sip. Keep us posted. It encourages all of us coming behind you.:rolleyes:

Thanks, I was sleeved Monday and today is Friday and I am not taking any more pain or nausea medicine. I didn't take anything yesterday either! I have been sipping, and walking when I can... I'm feeling okay. Just get tired often. I keep thinking about all the healthy foods I will eat when I can have solids. I cant really say that I am hungry; it is probably head hunger but I will feel better when I can eat something to put in my stomach other than liquids. I would love a shrimp shesh ka bob with grilled veggies! I think I might enjoy cooking after this experence. Just rambling on now... Lol

Hi Mrs, it sounds like you are doing really well!! I'm very happy for you :)

For me the gas pain was mostly in my upper back and shoulders. It lasted no longer than week from what I can remember.

I also dealt with nausea and some vomitting as well. It's the worst! I hate vomitting so much! Not that anyone necessarily likes it... lol:lol:

Popsicles are absolutely fine, and are recommended by most Dr.s on the clear phase. Just make sure they are sugar free and you are good to go.

Keep us updated!

Great! It is a nice treat when all your tasting is blah... :-) I didn't eat one single solitary Jello cup. I can't stand the sight of them. When I had my band, I became so SICK of them during the post op diet I swore I'd never have another one again. That still holds true today! LOL

Also, when you get to the full liquid stage, get some sugar free Fudgesicles. OMG... heaven. :) I still eat them from time to time when I want some chocolate!

Great! It is a nice treat when all your tasting is blah... :-) I didn't eat one single solitary Jello cup. I can't stand the sight of them. When I had my band, I became so SICK of them during the post op diet I swore I'd never have another one again. That still holds true today! LOL

Also, when you get to the full liquid stage, get some sugar free Fudgesicles. OMG... heaven. :) I still eat them from time to time when I want some chocolate!

OMG!! I am so happy that I read this! I started my full liquid diet today and never even thought of fudgesicles!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I'm sending my husband to the store now! LOL Yeah, I don't like Jello. I bought some and my hubby has been eating them. I'm glad to be out of the clear liquid stage! Thank You Diva!