Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DANGIT!!!! It is official, my hair is falling out. EXPLETIVE!

SAWREE, about your shedding. I can see where it would be more devastating to someone with long hair. My hair starting falling out a couple of weeks ago. At first I was like ohhhhh noooo!!!! But since I do wear my hair style short most people have not notice........ yet?

I don't think there is anything that will help. It just has to run it's course.:D

Deb B)

Ahhh thanks guys for the tips and for understanding how it is emotional to see my hair in clumps after simply running a wide tooth comb through it! I am going to pump up my vits for the sake of it and just roll with it. I lost quite a bit after both of my labors and it came back so I guess crying over spilled milk wont help. I run a straightening Iron through it daily so maybe I will try to do that less often.

It was something I dreaded and hoped I could dodge but apparently it is out of my hands (actually it is all out of my head lol). If it gets noticeable maybe I will try a few of those extensions like Sleeve4me suggested, that picture was very cute by-the-way!

I ended up with enough this morning after washing my hair to make a little rat to poof up the top of my hair LOL or I can pray for the head shrinkage.

Ahhh thanks guys for the tips and for understanding how it is emotional to see my hair in clumps after simply running a wide tooth comb through it! I am going to pump up my vits for the sake of it and just roll with it. I lost quite a bit after both of my labors and it came back so I guess crying over spilled milk wont help. I run a straightening Iron through it daily so maybe I will try to do that less often.

It was something I dreaded and hoped I could dodge but apparently it is out of my hands (actually it is all out of my head lol). If it gets noticeable maybe I will try a few of those extensions like Sleeve4me suggested, that picture was very cute by-the-way!

I ended up with enough this morning after washing my hair to make a little rat to poof up the top of my hair LOL or I can pray for the head shrinkage.

Awww thanks girlie!!! I'm lovin these extenstions! You've gotta try them! Make sure to get Remy hair, it's the best :)

Awww thanks girlie!!! I'm lovin these extenstions! You've gotta try them! Make sure to get Remy hair, it's the best :)

I was thinking about getting extensions but was fearful that they would rip out more hair? ?!! Is that the case?

thanks!

monica

I have little short hairs all over the place and it makes my hair look really fuzzy. I am just glad it's finally stopped falling out and I have new hair coming in. It took a long time for me to stop losing it between band surgery, revision

to sleeve, and then gall bladder surgery. All are a shock to the system which causes Hair loss.

I am so happy now when I wash my hair and I don't have 4 big handfuls that fell out to deal with!

When I first read this about a hair saver/bun plumper I thought it sounded really weird and a little gross but now I must say I am intrigued. I haven't started losing hair yet but I know it's inevitable. Thanks for posting this idea!

People used to keep their hair in a "hair saver". Then they would make a "rat" out of it and use it to plump up Buns or on top to boof their hair up. I think I might try this when the hair starts falling out. At least I might get a big old bun plumper out of it! cry_smile.gif

I was thinking about getting extensions but was fearful that they would rip out more hair??!! Is that the case?

thanks!

monica

Mine have clips and so far I havne't seen any hair ripped out, so far, so good :)

When I first read this about a hair saver/bun plumper I thought it sounded really weird and a little gross but now I must say I am intrigued. I haven't started losing hair yet but I know it's inevitable. Thanks for posting this idea!

I looked around and they are officially called "hair receivers"

Here are a bunch of them! Perhaps we need to revive an old practice...when life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

Man, I wish I could wear extensions - my hair color seems to be impossible to match. I always get hairdressers asking me how I color it - I don't!

Man, I wish I could wear extensions - my hair color seems to be impossible to match. I always get hairdressers asking me how I color it - I don't!

Yeah that could be a problem trying to match the color...I colored my hair blue black (for the first time) a few months ago and it was pretty easy to match up :).

Thanks for the info! I found some instructions for making a hair ratt. I'm guessing that a lot of people would have my initial reaction of "Oh gross!" but when you think about using someone ELSE'S hair to enhance your own, what's the difference?

I looked around and they are officially called "hair receivers"

Here are a bunch of them! Perhaps we need to revive an old practice...when life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

My hair loss stared @ 3months and lasted 3 months, I'm 7 months post op and my hair is fine,thin and short. It is the only negative thing about WLS I've found. I'm just sooo darn happy it stopped coming out when it did!!

Thanks for the info! I found some instructions for making a hair ratt. I'm guessing that a lot of people would have my initial reaction of "Oh gross!" but when you think about using someone ELSE'S hair to enhance your own, what's the difference?

thanks for that link, fun! I have been wrapping my hair around a "Bumpit". It now blends into my hair better, and I can pin it through the hair to make it stay in better.

http://www.bighappiehair.com/

turn down your sound when you check out this link, its way to happy and loud!

I just saw your post, pick up some PUREOLOGY ROOTPUMP it runs about $27 but is amaxing I use it for root volume. After you towl dry your hair comb it and then spray it all around your scalp and flip your head over and blow dry it. It will add a lot!!! I have thinner hair and when I use it people always comment on how thick my hair is. I can flat Iron or curl it after but I dont touch the roots with it too much so I get lots of lift. You can only find it at larger spas or ebay. It may take you a few trys to figure it out but you will LOVE it!!!

I just saw your post, pick up some PUREOLOGY ROOTPUMP it runs about $27 but is amaxing I use it for root volume. After you towl dry your hair comb it and then spray it all around your scalp and flip your head over and blow dry it. It will add a lot!!! I have thinner hair and when I use it people always comment on how thick my hair is. I can flat Iron or curl it after but I dont touch the roots with it too much so I get lots of lift. You can only find it at larger spas or ebay. It may take you a few trys to figure it out but you will LOVE it!!!

I already use their Shampoo and conditioner...it is awesome and smells delicious! I will try the root pump for sure. Thanks for the tip!