Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op Vegas trip... HELP!!!!

So my lil sis it turning 21 and we have a trip to Vegas planned on March 17th. My doctor would like to schedule me for surgery in February... Is it practical to think that I could go on such a trip after 5 - 7 weeks after surgery? I am not too worried about the eating out as I wont be able to do that and will just avoid sitting at a restaurant with them but as far as feeling well enough to walk all over and be out all night.. I just dont want to book everything and lose my money any input would be amazing.

Thanks!

Jen

So my lil sis it turning 21 and we have a trip to Vegas planned on March 17th. My doctor would like to schedule me for surgery in February... Is it practical to think that I could go on such a trip after 5 - 7 weeks after surgery? I am not too worried about the eating out as I wont be able to do that and will just avoid sitting at a restaurant with them but as far as feeling well enough to walk all over and be out all night.. I just dont want to book everything and lose my money any input would be amazing.

Thanks!

Jen

youll be perfectly fine at 5 weeks out ....im 20 days out and i would have no problems walkin anywhere.

Thanks! Random question for you.... How is weightloss affecting your tattoos I have been working on sleeves for years and have most of my arms covered and am hoping weightloss doesnt screw that up I have about 60 pounds to lose... UGH

Good question I was thinking about that the other day (i dont have any tattoos) but I was watching Pawn Stars and the owners son has quite a few and my mind wandered around to I wonder how all his tattoos would look if he lost weight. Strange how I want everyone to have the sleeve now lol. I hope that doesn't sound bad like I am intolerant of people with weight issues. I just think for those who are struggling with weight issues they can't solve it would be great if everyone who wanted it could get it.

Random rambling....sorry lol

Jenn, well if you don't keep your body toned the tats will shrink and sag. Just like if you were to gain alot of weight they stretch. I have another 4 tats I want to get but I'm waiting till I lose most of my weight. Hope this helps

you will be totally fine in regards to going to vegas!! .. im 7 weeks out and i have been going hard at the gym now for like 2 weeks so i think it all depends on how you feel.. but its totally do able!!

as for tattoos ... i have one on my ribs from when i was at one of my smaller stages in life.. im pretty sure its still going to look the same when i shrink.. because i was smaller when i had it... and it looks the same when i grew again!... thank god that this time is different and PERMANENT!! yaya!! :D

Mp8btc---> im not going to lie.. if I could go and openly discuss the sleeve or wls as an option to all of the unhappy obese people i would... i dont think its being intolerant of people who are obese because i am still considered obese and would love this new life i have!!.. wanting to pass on something that has benifitted you is in no way a bad thing in my eyes

I just got home from a Vegas trip on Saturday. Yesterday I was 8 weeks out. My friends said I'm not as fun to eat with, as they were drinking and eating, tons of food, but not once did I wish I could eat like that. I was the DD for the first time ever. I also walked more than I had in years and felt great. Have a blast. I did!!

Thanks! Random question for you.... How is weightloss affecting your tattoos I have been working on sleeves for years and have most of my arms covered and am hoping weightloss doesnt screw that up I have about 60 pounds to lose... UGH

so far so good....i worry if i lose to much it might go all weird but its all good for now

Mp8btc---> im not going to lie.. if I could go and openly discuss the sleeve or wls as an option to all of the unhappy obese people i would... i dont think its being intolerant of people who are obese because i am still considered obese and would love this new life i have!!.. wanting to pass on something that has benifitted you is in no way a bad thing in my eyes

Good good I am not the only one who wants to share! I just know how many people don't have the insurance or financial options to have surgery that would love to have it done. It would change their lives. I want it available to everyone who wants it and to get word out about the procedure. I think with the recent media coverage of known athletes having it done that it is going to be as common as knowledge of bypass and banding very soon.