Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am 5 weeks post op today and I had been feeling really bad and not able to keep any food down since Friday so yesterday I emailed my symptoms to my sergeon he called me right back and said get in your car and make the two hour drive to the hospital I think you might have a leak..... Well I did have a small leak so now I am in the hospital and they are going to put a feeding tube in! This is very scary to me and I just thought I could post and get support and maybe if so has questions I could answer just ask

So I am 5 weeks post op today and I had been feeling really bad and not able to keep any food down since Friday so yesterday I emailed my symptoms to my sergeon he called me right back and said get in your car and make the two hour drive to the hospital I think you might have a leak..... Well I did have a small leak so now I am in the hospital and they are going to put a feeding tube in! This is very scary to me and I just thought I could post and get support and maybe if so has questions I could answer just ask

I am so sorry to hear that your having this problem . . and I can just imagine how very scared you are. . . but you'll be ok, they will fix it and you'll go on. . . but for now, just try not to worry too much, your in good hands. they know what they are doing and have probably had this before. . i'll keep you in my thoughts! keep us posted as to whats going on with you ok? Good luck! Your going to be fine. . . :)

I don't have any experience with leaks, but I know there are several on here who have suffered with them and in the end they did beautifully. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this now. Please keep everyone on here posted. As I said several have BTDT and even those of us who haven't had leaks care and wish you the best.

((((HUGS))))

edited because I am under the influence of snowed in kids.

Oh Filica, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'm wishing you a fast and easy recovery!

I am so sorry you are going through this. I will be thinking of you and sending you positive health vibes. I'm so glad they caught it and you are getting the proper treatment you need. Hugs!

Scary! But it sounds like it's minor and was caught early, so everything will probably be just fine. You did the right thing by contacting your doctor ASAP when you noticed something wasn't right. Hopefully you're back to being healthy soon!

(((((Filica)))))

Take care of yourself. I'm so glad to know that you took the precautions to call your surgeon when you felt something wasn't right.

Hang in there... we are all here for you!!! Please keep us updated on how you're doing... :(

So very sorry to hear that you are having to go through this experience. I've been there and done it with a leak, and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself, rest, and keep us posted on your progress.

So sorry to hear this! Please lean on us for support if you need to! Rest up and know that you are through the worst of it!

Can't fault you for contacting your surgeon, just shows that we know our own bodies... and fair play to him/her for a speedy response.

Now, you are in the best place and in good hands... so rest and get better really soon... keep us posted...

I hope you feel better really soon x

So glad you had the good sense to call your surgeon when it felt wrong and also glad he got back to you quickly. So sorry you're dealing with this but I have faith all will be ok. Hopefully years from now this will be one of those funny "remember when we did Thanksgiving at the hospital" stories. In the meantime, rest and recover, it sounds like you're in good hands.

Filica, I'm so sorry you have a leak -- I'm thinking all sorts of positive thoughts so that you get out of the hospital and start feeling better -- take care and we'll be here for you!! :)

{{{HUGS}}}

DITTO!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches