Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone having problems with sleeping at night? i am not sleeping well. For ex, I went to bed at 9 and woke up at 2 am. Now here i am on computer cause i cant sleep. driving me crazy!

You should call me.....I'm up too! ;)

Thing is, I can't blame it on my sleeve, I've always been a terrible sleeper.

Good luck with your new stomach!

Me!! I'm only 3 weeks out but the pain is managed and it's not like I'm uncomfortable when I lay down. I just get up at the weirdest times and yes it's making me nuts too! I did do a bit better last night and I'm hoping that time at the gym will wear me out enough to start sleeping through. I don't think lack of sleep is helping me cope mentally at all. Let me know if it gets better for you...good luck!!

Ya know, I slept pretty great in the hospital (except for the wake up for vital stuff!) and then the first night home I was good and since then! UGH! I can't fall asleep until super late and then it seems I can't get comfortable! I'm in the recliner right now since it's so hard to sit myself up but I think I might try the couch tonight after I get my drain out!

So glad to hear others are struggling with this as well, is that mean? Oh well, misery loves company! I sleep about 5 hours and then I wake back up. It isn't really abnormal for me, I get about f hours a night when I am working but it seems odd that here I am, able to sleep and relax- kids are at grandma's and my only responsibility is to heal and instead I am lying on the couch checking vst.com and facebook! I watched more tv yesterday then I have in the last 6 months combined! What are you all doing to keep your mind busy since your body is down?

anyone having problems with sleeping at night? i am not sleeping well. For ex, I went to bed at 9 and woke up at 2 am. Now here i am on computer cause i cant sleep. driving me crazy!

Yup, good old hormones whacked out! Had the problem myself until i helped solve it with benedryl and unisome (not together of course :lol: ) but after a while it does go away and you'll find you will sleep like a baby (without the 2 am feeding)

Unfortunately I really haven't gotten "down" time. I was really hoping for it..but life didn't stop just for me. I did get a quilt pieced for my ds3 though.

Are you napping during the day? If so, you might want to try not letting yourself nap to see if that helps you sleep any better at night.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one not sleeping and let me tell you it's driving me nuts. I'm the type of person who luvs to sleep and now I get 3 hours and I'm up by 2am just like a newborn and it's irritating. My Dr told me to try benedryl and tylenol PM, the tylenol for some reason makes me jittery and the benedryl ya right does the opposite too. Does this actually go away?? I will need my sleep before I even think about going back to work seeing I work 12hr shifts dispatching

Well thank god Im not alone, my Dr said for me to go and try every over the counter sleep aids and see which one works, he must think I've got money, hee hee. From what I've been reading on all the other websites is that this should go away by the 3rd month, now if I keep my sanity that long is another question.:D

I used to wake up to my alarm clock every morning at 6am. Since I had the surgery, I am up really early. For weeks it was 3:15am, like clockwork. Now I seem to be able to get through the night until about 4:15am. And then I am wide awake and raring to go. I go to sleep anywhere between 9-10pm. I totally crash at night and then am wide awake really early in the morning. The problem for me to get so tired in the evening is that I have to drive almost 70 miles home in Los Angeles traffic - so that is sometime 2 or 2 1/2 hours on the road and I am getting so tired. I'm thinking about hitting the gym out by work before I hit the road to see if that wakes me up a little so that I can make the drive.

Thats my problem, when I was working I was up at 430am, 3 days outta the week and on my off days I would sleep in till 9-10am, but now that I'm off I was like heck yea Im gonna sleep in and enjoy this time off, umm nope. I don't know how you deal with the LA traffic but I give you props. I'm in Riverside and get so fustrated sitting in 45 min traffic. I guess I will start working out early mornings while everyone else is sleeping and make use of this insomnia

I'm so glad I'm not the only one not sleeping and let me tell you it's driving me nuts. I'm the type of person who luvs to sleep and now I get 3 hours and I'm up by 2am just like a newborn and it's irritating. My Dr told me to try benedryl and tylenol PM, the tylenol for some reason makes me jittery and the benedryl ya right does the opposite too. Does this actually go away?? I will need my sleep before I even think about going back to work seeing I work 12hr shifts dispatching

Wow that's a whole lot of benadryl. The active ingedient in most of those over the counter sleep aids including tylenol PM's is the anahistamine that is Benadryl (diphenhydramine). Maybe too much wired you up?