Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone with Surg between Nov 13th and Nov 18th

Wow, it seems like everyone is doing way better than me! Istill can't get up from a sitting position and just taking a short walk or a shower wears me out! Usually I am up by 7a and don't stop my day until midnight. Now I am just napping the day away. I have been cleared for purred foods. Had chicken noodle Soup with a half scoop of unflavored Protein in hopes of increasing my energy. I started a food diary yesterday. I am going to use the memo taker on my phone since I always have it with me. Hoping all is doing well and really hope that I can catch up to you all soon!

hi,

i was sleeved on the 13th of november my weight a day before the surgery was 113 kls and after 2 weeks i weighed myself today and i lost 8 kilos...

didn't have any problems with the surgery except that my back ached more than my tummy i think its from lying on the bed for such a long time my surgery started 7am it went for 2 hours and i was at the recovery room for about 4 hours..by 7 pm i was up and walking already i had to walk or else my mom would rock my bed. Stayed in the hospital for a day and a half after surgery.. and on nov 16 i went back to work...

So far i'm feeling okay and quite excited about the weight loss and hope that it will continue..

talked to my doctor today and was told that i could start on my soft diet ... anyone starting on their soft diet? please share your menus i have no idea what to eat, i'm scared that it will hurt and i will stop loosing weight...

11 Days Post op and OMG I feel Great! Okay well actually I'm pretty sore this morning because we walked NYC last night (went to the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City and DH had to have Grays Papaya before his surgery!!)! LOL I really am doing really good though! Incisions are healing really good and they ITCH like crazy!! The gas pains come and go now about twice a day or so and they are still pretty intense when they hit but at least they aren't there all the time anymore! Everyone I see says they can tell in my face that I'm loosing but of course I don't see it! LOL

Thanks MiNic for checking in. I am not nearly as sore anymore. I can get up and walk around; however, I do tire easily still. I think it is because i am not getting enough Protein. These Protein drinks make me want to GAG and I become nauseous. I even went out yesterday and purchased nectar Protein Drinks which everyone is complaining about. I tried it and YUK, felt like I was going to puke! PLEASE PLEASE if anyone has any ideas about Protein, let me know. I want my life and energy back.

As far as moods, I am still very emotional, crying nightly, wondering if I made the right decision. Anyone else feeling this way still?

Being almost 2 full weeks out I can say I really fell GREAT!! I've been fighting this nasty cold so it has me run down and I can tell every calorie I intake my body is holding onto trying to get better but I really do feel good surgery wise! I see the NUT this week and see if I can advance to eggs or not but i think I might have messed up because I made chili and then pureed it and I think that is more blended/pureed food then it is liquid but it goes down good (of course in SUPER small doses)! My DH is having his surgery tomorrow! YAY!!! It's going to be great to finally really be going through this with him! I also get to start going back to the gym this week too! YAY!!

Hi, I just found this thread....can I play too.

I was sleeved on November 18th and had a small complication. When the doc made the fist incision and felt around he found a fibroid tumor on the outside of my uterus the size of a football.ohmy.gif Luckily, after checking with a gyno, he was still able to do the surgery. After two nights at the hospital I was able to go home. It looks like a hysterectomy is in my near future, but I'm hoping to hold it off long enough to combine it with a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

I felt pretty good from the get go and after getting my drain tube out on Wednesday I am pretty much back to my regular routine, without of course the eating. My doc has me on full liquids for 6 weeks. I don't mind at all as I've been adding the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored to Soups and I really like the Unjury chocolate in skim milk.

I am truly surprised out how much easier this has been than I expected. I know I am very lucky for that as not everyone has had the same experience.

I am so excited to see what the next few months have in store. I can't wait to see how quickly this will all happen and I feel up to the challenge.

Is anyone on the thread from the Dallas area. I would love to find someone with a similar experience to exercise with sometimes.

Thanks MiNic for checking in. I am not nearly as sore anymore. I can get up and walk around; however, I do tire easily still. I think it is because i am not getting enough Protein. These Protein drinks make me want to GAG and I become nauseous. I even went out yesterday and purchased nectar Protein Drinks which everyone is complaining about. I tried it and YUK, felt like I was going to puke! PLEASE PLEASE if anyone has any ideas about protein, let me know. I want my life and energy back.

As far as moods, I am still very emotional, crying nightly, wondering if I made the right decision. Anyone else feeling this way still?

Steeler,

The unjury chocolate & strawberry Protein shakes are very good. I haven't tried the vanilla but I'd be willing to bet it's ok too. I mix them with skim milk & it's tolerable to me. The unflavored I've added to my Soups & I can't even tell it's in there.

Also, I've seen other posts by Tiffykins about Greek yogurt so u might wanna check into that.

Have you started with your sublingual Vitamin B-12? I did a few days ago & I can already tell a difference in my energy level. I'm assuming its the B-12 bcuz I couldn't hardly get up & put one foot in front of the other without tiring easily b4 taking them but doing super well now! ! :)

I have finally gotten rid of all the trapped air that was causing me misery so therefore I feel like living! Keep us posted.

Rhonda

Steeler, nothing like a little dose of - omg- what did I do to myself! I have noticed it getting worse. I told mu hubby tonight that if I end up with buyer's remorse, don't jump on and start telling me it waqs a mistake! I am so tired of eating. I feel like my whole day is broken up into shifts to drink and eat and I am so tired. I also don't think I am getting enough Protein but even with 4 types of nausea meds I just feel sick putting the spoon to my mouth! I am also thinking that I might be catching a cold. I am starting to get congestion and the sniffles- I really want afford that right now. My kids are due home from my mom's within an hour. I am so excitied to see them but also nervous. Since surgery I have only had to take care of me (well, my husband and me looking out for me). Now reality is back, kids will be home and I go back to work on Wednesday. And I have no energy!!! Hey, I have all the Unjury protein shakes- I don't ming them- they aren't thick like other shakes and the chop really does just taste like choc milk. Take care sleeve buddies!

Planner girl- Welcome abourd, we are happy to have you be one of our friends. When did you have your sleever? It really helps talking to people going through similar exeriences at the same time.

MicNik- Yes, the hardest part is the emotional part. I hope and pray that this fades and I can soon say, this is the best decision I have ever made and I have no regrets. However, I can honestly say, I am not at that point yet. The anxiety and depression is getting to me, really bad! It doesn't help much to have a husband that eats anything and everything without gaining weight. Today he ate donuts while I was in the same room, I was upset, should I be? How am I going to deal with everyone eatting and I can't?

I am suppose to go back to work tomorrow; however, I just do not have the energy yet. I am feeling better and better, but I am just not there yet.

Hey there fellow sleevers! I had surgery on Nov 16 and am still on liquids..."whatever can go through a strainer". I have more energy every day and don't have pain at all. My stitches pull if I bend or stretch too much but that is all. I am really anxious to move to mushies or soft stage. Anything to eat! Drinking my meals is getting old!! rolleyes.gif Looking forward to this wild journey that we are on!

Wild journey it is, to say the least! Much wilder than I anticipated. Love your positive attitutude, need some of it for myself!

Hey there fellow sleevers! I had surgery on Nov 16 and am still on liquids..."whatever can go through a strainer". I have more energy every day and don't have pain at all. My stitches pull if I bend or stretch too much but that is all. I am really anxious to move to mushies or soft stage. Anything to eat! Drinking my meals is getting old!! rolleyes.gif Looking forward to this wild journey that we are on!

Well all, I return to the working world tomorrow. Luckily my boss wants me to work from home for at least another week to avoid the flu everyone is passing around. Got a question for you all- anyone feel like your mind just inst working at top speed? I feel hazy and tired! I reduced my nausea meds to am and bedtime and I only take. Pain meds at night ( have too, my sides and back are killing me).

Just wondering if anyone else was feeling this way!

Take care!

Hey MicNic, I am so glad to hear that I am not alone in feeling brainless! I have forgotten simple things and stared blankly at my family because I hear them but they aren't making sense. I am writing it off to poor sleep and still getting the anesthesia and meds out of my body. I really think some people metabolize drugs faster and better than others! Give yourself a break and be kind to yourself.

Well all, I return to the working world tomorrow. Luckily my boss wants me to work from home for at least another week to avoid the flu everyone is passing around. Got a question for you all- anyone feel like your mind just inst working at top speed? I feel hazy and tired! I reduced my nausea meds to am and bedtime and I only take. Pain meds at night ( have too, my sides and back are killing me).

Just wondering if anyone else was feeling this way!

Take care!