Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SUrgery Yesterday- Crying wondering if made mistake

Ok, I was worried before surgery and Now i had surgery yesterday and I am crying all the time. What is wrong with me. Did anyone go through this? I feel now I have now control over eatting and I worry I will not be able to eat hardly anything for the rest of my life!!!! What is wrong with me, I feel I am going crazy, what can I do?

Ok, I was worried before surgery and Now i had surgery yesterday and I am crying all the time. What is wrong with me. Did anyone go through this? I feel now I have now control over eatting and I worry I will not be able to eat hardly anything for the rest of my life!!!! What is wrong with me, I feel I am going crazy, what can I do?

hey there... I am relatively new here and have not been sleeved... but very seriously thinking about it. I have been doing lots of reading about the sleeve and it seems that emotions are a part of the operation and some have been depressed. Hang in there.... you wouldn't have done this if you weren't sure about it.

Is there a support group in your area? Where I live there is a bug support group to which I am thankful.... if there isn't make sure that you stay on here and keep venting and sharing

I was just sleeved on Monday (15th) and I have to say, that first night the thoughts in my brain was OMFG WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MYSELF! But I was thinking that because I felt so icky at first but now that I'm a few days out, at home now and feeling A LOT better, I know that it will only get better and better as time goes on and this is exactly what I needed to do to get my life back! Good luck and hang in there!!!!!

Hang in there kido! I was sleeved two weeks ago today. And believe me the 3 days I spent in the hospital I had "buyers remorse". I had a REALLY rough time in the hospital. It wasn't till I got hope that I felt better. I think it is all normal. We have made a huge change in our lives. Hang in there it will get better. I have lost 20 pounds so far. Just think about where we will be in 6 months. Yeah us! Take care. Vicki

Sometimes when we buy a big ticket item that we have been planning for and excited about we start to feel that maybe that was not such a good choice. Its common and called buyer's remorse. That's may be close to what you are feeling now about the sleeve.

A friend of mine says the the best approach to life is to always make the "Least Possible Sacrifice". When really think about the negatives of carrying lots of extra weight and the positives of being leaner and healthier you will realize that you have made the least possible sacrifice. A healthier you is valuable, much more valuable that extra pounds. The least sacrifice you could make is the jettison those pounds.

You will be able to enjoy all the foods you as before your surgery, you just won't want a lot. It is true that some foods will not be as nearly appealing to you. You will find foods that you enjoy all the was as you lose those unwanted pounds.

My daughter had the surgery a bit over a year ago and has discovered a new life. She has a new relationship and is much more active with her friends. She also eats most anything she wants, just in much smaller portions.

I had surgery Sept 29. There are still some foods that don't go down well for me but as time passes my stomach and system will adjust. So will yours.

You have made a wonderful, well thought out decision. Its a vote for YOU. Relax, enjoy the ride.rolleyes.gif

Please don't fret... A surgery like this one has had all of us, at one point or another, ready to go ballistic. It's hard; for some more than others. Take a deep breath and tell yourself that this is the beginning of your journey to a better you. There are days when you're going to feel as if you did wrong. but, there will also be days when you'll notice a lil somethin is missing, perhaps from your waistline or that double chin is starting to fade away. Those days are the ones that count because yo'll feel so good about yourself that you'll know you did the right thing. Each day is going to be different. Instead of feeling bummed and crying, just tell yourself that everything will be okay. I wish you the best!

Thanks everyone for your support. Do you think I will start feeling better when I can eat real food? When you start eatting real food, how much can you each and what can you eat? Do you miss eatting alot?

I just want to let you know you are not alone. I had surgery 2 months ago and I cried the entire first night, and regretted the surgery. But I think it was the nausea that was really bothering me not the surger itself. I have been lucky and have not had depression since I had my surgery, but have read a few posts on here from people that did have the depression. If it continues make sure you let your Doctor know. I promise you it will get better. You will have good days and bad days, but when you can fit into 3 sizes smaller then you are nowm, trust me you will have a smile on your face, it is one of the best feelings I have ever had. Stay strong, and you will be fine. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who feels that way. I had surgery on Monday, so I am 4 days post-op. The worse part was the hospital stay.. I was in there 2 days and hated every minute of it.. I couldn't sleep through the night because I would sleep all day... It was horrible, and to mention I had this yucko feeling in my mouth because I was so dehyrated and I couldn't have water.. My incision and stomach soreness are the biggest problems for me right now... and just like you I am worried i'll only be able to eat teaspoons for the rest of my life.. I never know when I am full, and i'm afraid to "stuff" myself because I don't want to vomit, but I still feel hungry...!! I am hoping this will soon pass.. My surgeon did say in 6 months it'll be as if I never had surgery... ugh we'll see. This isn't fun nor easy, that's for sure.

I can totally relate, I had some horrible WHAT DID I DO TO MYSELF moments 2-4 days post op and I had a mini break down at around day 7 or so. Wow I was an emotional mess. I think it is common after surgical procedures and then the shock of the post op diet restrictions, those just plain scared the holy crap out of me. I thought OMG I will never be able to enjoy a meal again (even though everyone assured me I would) I just couldn't wrap my mind around how it was ever going to get better. Week six I was able to start transitioning into "normal" foods and it has been pretty wonderful. I am enjoying food and meals, just on a smaller scale and my relationship with food is so totally different but in a good way. I feel myself no longer really excited about going out to dinner. I mean I enjoy it but it doesn't give me the same high as before, it feels like a burden has been lifted from me.

Things will normalize it will be a smaller normal but still enjoyable and your relationship will change with food but you wont ever feel deprived IMO.

Aww its okay if you are sad and depressed. I was sleeved on Oct 29th and I get depressed often. I was told that it is the extra estrogen that is released when you loose weight that triggers the depression and mood swings and that sounds just about right. Its okay to have buyers remorse and to feel sucky. Just remember not to subscribe to any eating disorders which you had before your surgery to feel comfort (i.e. eating when sad, snacking and so forth) You will NOT be able to eat much, and it will HURT when you do. Think of your new belly as a baby and you have to relearn everything over. It will be ok.

it's an adjustment, but you'll be so happy when you're buying cute clothes and looking in the mirror, not being able to believe how thin you look.

It takes awhile to get past the post op diet , but really, there is nothing I can't eat now . I am very satisfied with what and how much I can eat.

I agree with what every one has said about the hospital stay...it was hard to sleep, but those beds are never like home. Plus the nurses have to wake you to get your vitals just after you've finally fallen asleep...ugh!

Once I came home this past week, it started to get better. I did hit a small 'what did I do?!' wall on Friday...crying, hurting, hungry...but thankfully my husband was right there to remind me this is not a sprint, but a marathon...and I am no runner just yet. I'm still in the baby step phase, but I will get there - and so will you.

One of the best things I've done is to find this forum...it's SO helpful to hear others are going through what you are experiencing. You don't feel alone, and you don't have to.

Hang in there - we're all here together!