Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss, Weight Gain..

I started my 6 month charting back in June. Tomorrow is my last weigh in and I am totally terrified to see what the scales say. I lost weight the first 4 months and last month had a 3lb gain. I was told not to worry about it to much because different clothing and different scales can make a world of difference when weight is involved. I have done nothing but freak out about this last weigh in. I was told if I had any weight gain they would see it as me not trying and not approve the surgery. I have busted my butt to loose weight but it's no longer coming off. Infact I am gaining weight now. It never fails I loose loose loose and then it all comes back.. It's very frustrating to know that I am putting in an hour a day at the gym and watching what I eat, but the weight is staying. Is this going to affect my approval? Please anyone tell me your experience with insurance and getting approved..

I only had a weight loss the first month. All the other months I maintained. My insurance approved within 24 hours. The weight submitted by the surgeon's office was 223 with BMI of 37.5. I am diabetic so I had a co-morbidity so BMI could be between 35 to 40. I am scheduled for pre-op diet on Nov 24 and surgery on Dec 1st.

That sounds like my history. I work my butt off and starve myself for months. Then I eat one normal meal and I gain 3 pounds. I can lose weight but it is SO hard and impossible for me to maintain. Isn't that why we are having the surgery. I would think that your insurance company will still approve you. I think it is more like they want you to prove that you have tried to do this with out surgery. I often wondered if they also try to weed out people with all these hoops and hurdles. I it is like a cooling off period. Let us know what they say.

I had a 2 lb gain during my 3 month diet. I was approved without an issue. I lost first month, maintained second and gained 2 the last month. I was worried also, but 2-3 lbs is still considered maintained through Aetna. Not sure what company you are going through.

6 months finally finished!! I had my last weigh in on Monday and managed to loose 1 lb over the past month. I called the surgeons office and all they are waiting on is the last months notes from the doctor and my 2 year weight history.. I can't believe it is finally time to submit.. It feels like it has taken forever to get here, but now that I am here I am pleased that I have made it this far.. I am hoping to have surgery on the 10th or 17th of December!! Depends on how long it takes Aetna to approve.. Thoughts and prayers while I wait..