Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick of liquids and lightheaded

I had my surgery on Nov 1 and I'm doing good, no pain just sore. Sometimes I get lightheaded and nut said I'm not getting in my Protein. This is true but I can not tolerate Protein Shakes, I feel like I'm going to throw up. I also don't use sugar free products so I am limited on what I can have. I have unflavored Protein Powder (10 grams) I have been putting it in my cream Soup and yogurt, which is only 30 grams a day. Does anyone have any suggestion on what else I can eat? I don't think I can go like this for another week. One positive thing is I have no hunger, its amazing.

Thanks Janine

I had my surgery on Nov 1 and I'm doing good, no pain just sore. Sometimes I get lightheaded and nut said I'm not getting in my Protein. This is true but I can not tolerate Protein shakes, I feel like I'm going to throw up. I also don't use sugar free products so I am limited on what I can have. I have unflavored protein powder (10 grams) I have been putting it in my cream Soup and yogurt, which is only 30 grams a day. Does anyone have any suggestion on what else I can eat? I don't think I can go like this for another week. One positive thing is I have no hunger, its amazing.

Thanks Janine

well Janine it looks like we are sleeve sisters LOL..i am also feeling light headed and even though i loved my protien shakes before the surgery i now hate them and feel like im going to throw up with every swallow. i am also light headed and weak and for some reason, i dont think im getting my meds metabolized right? ?? i take paxil and i have gone thru withdrawls before with the "head in the blender' feeling and my blood pressure is high and it never is especially with my meds. so although im not sure how to help you, i thought you would like to know i am with you and feeling very much like you do except i am starving LOL...i hope someone on here gives us a good answer, cause i feel like im gonna faint sometimes and then i took a too big gulp of Water and it got stuck and i felt clammy, has this happened to you or anyone else. sorry for sabotaging your post, i will keep looking at your answers for me too.....thanks good luck vicki

[

I can defiantly relate e to this problem, I had my surgery on Oct 26, and still straggling with liquids and Protein shakes. I found one than I can tolerate better than others. It is more like a juice, Isopure zero carb Protein Drink (it is ready made) -15 gr of Protein in a 8 oz .

Also I use Kellogg's Special K 20 Protein Water mix . (5 gr per serving).

Just add a packet to your bottled Water, shake and sip.

Best wishes!

Are you able to have Peanut Butter yet? I read on here awhile back that someone makes a Protein sludge where you take a spoon of Peanut Butter and mix it with a scoop or half a scoop of your Protein (I cannot remember if whole or half a scoop). It is a small amount to get in that is packed with protein. But I am not sure if you are able to have peanut butter at your stage. If you can this could be a easy option to get in an extra shot of protein not only from the PB but also the protien powder. If not well you can have this idea for when you can have PB and need a protein boost.

Lily

I had my surgery Sept 28th and I did pass out. My doctor said I wasn't getting in 64 oz of Water and he was right. I get so full when I drink, but I did it and felt so much stronger. I didn't like Protein Shakes either. But I found a chocolate whey Protein Powder I put 1 scoop, water, ice and 2 tbsp Peanut Butter and mix it in my magic bullet it honestly tastes greats. I went to a Chineese resturant and got won ton Soup. I put it in my magic bullet and pureed it. It tasted so good and had lots of protein. Good Luck!!

Thank you for the advice. I tried some Peanut Butter and that made me sick. I think I will try the special K Protein, does it have any flavor or sugarfree flavor?

Vicki, I keep reading it can take a few days before the hunger goes away. Mine went away on Thursday but I'm sure everyone is different. I think I'm giving up on these Protein Drinks and keep trying to find other ways. I have unflavored protein and can barely stand that. I just feel once we can start eating real protein we will start to feel better. And maybe talk to your primary care doctor about your meds, that's important to keep that in control.

Take care, Janine

Thank you for the advice. I tried some Peanut Butter and that made me sick. I think I will try the special K Protein, does it have any flavor or sugarfree flavor?

Vicki, I keep reading it can take a few days before the hunger goes away. Mine went away on Thursday but I'm sure everyone is different. I think I'm giving up on these Protein drinks and keep trying to find other ways. I have unflavored protein and can barely stand that. I just feel once we can start eating real protein we will start to feel better. And maybe talk to your primary care doctor about your meds, that's important to keep that in control.

Take care, Janine

Oh janine, i feel so bad for you, the only one i could tolerate are the EAS Myoplex already mixed at sam' s club, not cheap but at least i liked it up until thats all i drink now and im afraid i might get permanently turned off. Now today, my blood preasure is low and i got up this a.m and was sooo dizzy. i tried walking around the house a litlle bit. i know i am not getting even close to 64 oz of anything. are you?

Its funny, cause when i wake up i am not hungry at all, but once i start drinking, it seems to spur my hunger....? when do u see your doc, and do u know when u start on puree? i think im scared to stretch my stomach a get a leak...i think im turning into a hypochondriac LOL.......:blink:

Vicki, I keep reading it can take a few days before the hunger goes away. Mine went away on Thursday but I'm sure everyone is different. I think I'm giving up on these Protein drinks and keep trying to find other ways. I have unflavored protein and can barely stand that. I just feel once we can start eating real protein we will start to feel better. And maybe talk to your primary care doctor about your meds, that's important to keep that in control.

Take care, Janine

K protein flavors:

strawberry Kiwi

Iced Tea

Pink Lemonade

Sugars - 0

Carbs - 5 to 6 r

Fiber 5 g

One more thing you can try is fat free milk, 1 cup is 9 gr of protein

Also, you can try protein shakes but in a sml portions - i try to take 2 tbls (about 1 oz) about every 10 to 15 min. It helps.

Good luck!!

WOW, it amazing to see so many people that had their surgery the same day as me. We can all go through this together!!!

I was doing great until about 11 o'clock this morning. That is when the exhaustion hit me. I slept all afternoon and woke up with a headache. I too know I am not getting all of my Protein or Water. I do have to tell you though that I LOVE my Protein shakes. I am using Lean Body by Labrada. I have tried the vanilla Ice Cream, Strawberries and Cream and chocolate Ice Cream and LOVE them!!! Best of all. 17oz of those are 40 grams of protein. I was drinking the Myoplex lite but, they are only 20 grams so I figure these give me more bang for my buck. PLUS, they have a resealable lid so, I can put it back in the fridge. You can not reseal the Myoplex and these things are expensive!

I had my surgery on Nov 1 and I'm doing good, no pain just sore. Sometimes I get lightheaded and nut said I'm not getting in my Protein. This is true but I can not tolerate Protein shakes, I feel like I'm going to throw up. I also don't use sugar free products so I am limited on what I can have. I have unflavored Protein powder (10 grams) I have been putting it in my cream Soup and yogurt, which is only 30 grams a day. Does anyone have any suggestion on what else I can eat? I don't think I can go like this for another week. One positive thing is I have no hunger, its amazing.

Thanks Janine

Wamart have Protein shot they come in the pack of 6 or singles 26g carbs 1ga shot...fruit punch is all i can find here but it beats doing Protein Shakes whick i cant do, due to the texture. so I do this 2 twice a day butim pre op i have mt procedure this thursday the 18.