Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trapped Air

Finally!
Sign in to follow this  

Three times in the last 2 months, I've ended up with HORRIBLY PAINFUL stomach pains that last for hours - that I'm almost 100% sure are the result of trapped air. The other two times, I drank and ate too close together. Last night, I think it was because I had a chug of juice and then a slice of apple about 5 minutes later. I was on the ground with horrific pains all night. I tried all the usual gas remedies - and I could feel air in my gut area that was incredibly tender to push on - but nothing worked to relieve it. Walking made me burp a lot so I'm pretty sure it was trapped air. I tried gas-x but it did nothing. I think it was NOT the result of poor digestion - but literally air somehow moving through my system. Finally at 5 am, it settled down and I could rest. There was no bad-smelling gas or anything.

I'm over a year out from my surgery, at goal weight (135, down from 212), and haven't had many other problems. I'm just wondering if I should be worried about this or if I just REALLY need to watch my Fluid intake timing against my food intake.

Please post if you have any ideas about what this might be.

THANKS!

Wow that sounds horribly painful and irritating! yikes. If it is trapped air you may try taking a warm shower then getting out and laying flat on your stomach on the bed or maybe on your knees curled up with a pillow under your abdomen. My mom runs marathons and the Beans they pop for potassium and stuff while they run causes some major tummy gas and after a marathon she always will lay flat on the bed until it is relieved. Plus on the belly is how I always had to lay my babies when they had colic. Maybe I am shooting in the dark but thats what I would try lol.

I hope you figure out what is causing it.

I get that too. I try to burp but food sometimes tries to come up with it. I lay down and nap for a little bit and it goes away.

I am finding if I drink with my food, I get the same pains. Mine causes pressure and pain. Up until last week each time I ate I experienced lung bubbles, such as when you run real fast a get sharp pain when breathing in hard. Thank goodness this went away. I had my surgery a little over 3 weeks ago. I hope you feel better soon.