Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home at Last and Finally on the Losers side

My surgery date was Nov 2nd 2010 i was had to be at Kennedy hospital in Stratford Nj new Bariatric unit. You see a bunch of doctors and nurses an ask questions why your hear and for what and before you know it you have a guy putting some needle to relax you into your IV and you wake up a about a hour and half later with a new start to hopefully a healthier life.

I had a hard time with the pain meds they made me sick and vomit so first 8 hours i didnt press the buttom after getting sick even thou the staff gave me anti nausia meds, well about 11pm that night i was using the breathing (thingy) for your lungs so you dont get pneumonia and the plastic taste made me sick and vomited again. well after that they tried a different anti nausia med and it worked, the pain isnt bad its more uncomfortable and comes in waves, but after clicking the button and getting relief enough to get some sleep made all the difference.

Wednesday morning i waited for some docs to come around thinking i was going home only to have them say they wanted to be sure i wasnt going to be nausous and i had a slight fever of 101 and and pulse of 100 and felt clammy so another night i stayed and was given the green light to go home this morning but needed final go ahead from my doctor which took til after 1pm he was in a meeting..lol so i just got home a hour ago and while the wife is cooking chicken breasts i decided to hop on the computer and write this out hope most makes sence im not proof reading tonight..lol

I havent told my mother about this she thinks i had my hyatil hernia done and unbilical which hes waiting for me to lose weight, all she saying is ill make you something a monkey cake, a meatloaf, in my mind im thinking yea thats one reason im fat...lol i love her with all my heart thou and know shes just being a mom. but have to tell her about this soon.

I do have to say right after having it done i said what am i doing getting a perfectly good stomach cut in half, but today i know i made the right desicion seeing all the pictures of the "Losers" on the wall I cant believe im saying " I Cant wait to be a Loser" .

Thanks for all your posts guys and gals, ive been reading alot and hope to post more once i get going on this journey for now its Sip,Sip,Sip,Sip, walk walk walk walk !!

God bless

Joe

Great to hear you've made it to the other side and feeling ok. Yes, sip, sip, sip and walk walk walk - it's the name of the game and exactly what I'm spending my days doing as well (was sleeved on the 1st). Best wishes and good luck to you going forward!

Fishnfool-thank you for telling us about your experience. It really helps to hear about others after surgery experiences. Takes the edge off my nerves. Cant wait to see all the weight you lose and I will be right behind you (surgery 6 Dec).

Hope you are a BIG loser really soon! LOL Good luck with your recovery!

Doing better today only few days out nice to be home, but i have to say i still think about food most of the time, but your not hungry its head hunger im sure and with ever other commercial being about food what a guy to do..LOL

Its going to be all part of the process of thinking of food to live. one day at a time

I was ready for this change i couldnt lose the weight on my own and this was it for me, yes i was scared and even thought about how much I MADE food rule my life, I now have to come up with other thoughts and things to make my life healthier.

Other then watching more tv then i usually watch and sitting on couch and shifting to the NEW recliner my wife bought me my butt hurts..LOL I did take a walk around the block and it was nice i did feel weak but it nice to get out and breath some air and look at the outside world.

thanks again for all your posts they help me everyday.

JOE

Did your Mom bring the Monkey Cake?LOL