Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many surgery scars do you have?

15 here!!! 5 from lap band, 5 from gall bladder and 5 from VSG! I am NOT a candidate for a bikini commercial as my husband says!! Now stretchmarks....that's a whole other number!!!! lol!!!

I have 5 -- 4 of them are like directions on a map, each pointing a different way and the one where he took out my stomach is an X (buried treasure??) -- but I'm not concerned either -- I have silver stretch marks, one long horizontal scar from an ectopic pregnancy . . . I figured that if I ever get a Tummy Tuck, maybe some of my "roadmap" as Tiff called it will disappear with it. :lol:

Six - five from surgery itself, and one from the drain. Between those and my (now faded) stretch marks, I'm quite ok with (and even proud of) my "battle scars."

I have 5. Its been almost 5 weeks and they already look like they are fading. I didn't have a drain, so none from that. They kinda go in a circle shape all around my belly.

I have two, he was suposed to do single insion but my liver was to big so I have a 2 1/2 - 3 in one inside my belly button and one 1/4 in one at the bottom of my rib cage. But honistly on the smaller one the bandaud iritation loos worse then the cut in like a month you wont even be abel to see it. Now the streach marks are a totaly different story!!! but I have no plans on sporting a bikini anyway but I think it made recovery easier to only have the one real insion

I have 5 from the lapband surgery and now 5 more from the sleeve. He put the new ones pretty close to the lapband ones. Weird! I have a scar where my drain was, but it doesn't seem too bad.

I also have a huge long scar on my lower right stomach from an open appendectomy about 7 years ago. UGH!

They seem to all be healing fine and starting to fade. I don't see myself as a bikini girl either, so I'm not worried!

I have 5 from the lapband surgery and now 5 more from the sleeve. He put the new ones pretty close to the lapband ones. Weird! I have a scar where my drain was, but it doesn't seem too bad.

I also have a huge long scar on my lower right stomach from an open appendectomy about 7 years ago. UGH!

They seem to all be healing fine and starting to fade. I don't see myself as a bikini girl either, so I'm not worried!

My surgery is Nov. 15th, so no scars here yet...! But I will only have 1 cresent shaped scar above my bellybutton (hopefully), unless my surgeon has to convert from Lap. to Open. <_<

I had 2- 1 in bellybutton and one small on left rib plus 1 small for drain.

I have 5. One is inside the belly button and you can't really see it, the other four are scattered across my abdomen. Two of them you already can barely see anymore and the others are fading. There is one that is more prominent than the rest because when it was healing, I accidentally pulled my shorts over it and the scab ripped off. Instead of letting it go, I kind of freaked out and put it back on my skin and wore a band-aid over it for a while. I guess it kind of reattached itself to my belly, and then a few weeks later, it got ripped off by pants again.

I'm thinking all of my will fade to nothing eventually. I have scars from my hip surgerys that were roughly the same size as my VSG scars and they are next to invisible.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches