Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Snacks

Hello,

I was converted from band to sleeve on 10/25. I see from time to time people posting what they eat in a day...I find it very helpful. With more of your help, this thread could be dedicated to be specifically for listing a typical day of eating for a sleever.

Please add how long post-op you are and what you eat in a typical day for Breakfast, lunch dinner and Snacks. I’ll start…

1 week post op:

Breakfast:

6oz Mango Tea

8oz Advantage strawberry Protein Shake made with skim milk

Snack:

1 sugar free popcycle

6oz Fresh carrot juice w/ Water

Lunch:

Sugar free Jello

8oz Advantage chocolate Protein shake made with skim milk

Snack:

1 sugar free popcycle

Dinner:

6oz chicken broth

12oz fresh apple juice

Breakfast I had nothing, didn't get up in time

lunch I had 3 chicken nuggets (not fastfood type) and 2 baked tatertots

I drank black and green tea all day

dinner and I had 1/2 a small wendy's chili with 4 crackers

I'm still drinking Water and tonight I'll have some pulled chicken with sauteed onions and green peppers and cheese.< /p>

Things I eat frequently:

Oh Yeah, Peanut Butter chocolate Protein bars. Premeire Protein Bars 1/2 at a time cause they are big

salad with lots of veggies mixed in and Tyson chicken breast strips (already cooked) diced up and mixed in

egg salad, tuna salad chicken salad. I buy already cooked chickens. I eat the leg at one meal, the thigh at one meal

and throw the breasts into my magic bullet and dice it up and throw it on top of a salad

turkey burger mixed with taco seasoning and sour cream

deli meat wrapped around a low fat colby jack cheese stick and laughing cow cheese smeared in

chicken fajita without tortilla with sour cream

greek yogurt with stevia and blueberries ( I buy them frozen)

fillet Mignon ( If I am going to eat steak, I eat the best)

I like the little bbq chicken sandwiches from KFC I believe they are called snack size. Perfect size, but I throw some of the bread away

Today for a calorie count of 803, carbs below 25, Protein above 70:

Breakfast:

whey Protein shot

tbsp Peanut Butter

turkey cream cheese roll ups, X2

Lunch:

turkey cream cheese roll ups, X2

1/2 orange

1 oz Jerky

Dinner:

3 oz meatballs

1/2 cup marinara

1 tsp parmesan

Drink:

Miralax and crystal light sunrise mixed into 32 oz Water, many cups hot tea.

I am still on liquids and get to do first solids tomorrow. I get an egg tomorrow and they say I will probably only be able to eat a few bites. Each day I can introduce a new solid and those solids are restricted to tofu, cottage, cheese, tuna, deli turkey or chicken slices, along with liquids. I am getting in about 46 grams of liquid whey Protein per day and then drinking Water or g2 gatorade. I tried Jello but still not comfortable with that. I see on here where some people have creamed Soups?

If people keep adding that would be great as I am willing to learn

Thanks for your help

MU DOG

Oh no I feel so slack, i eat so much.

Breakfast:

1 x toast & boiled egg (maybe 2 if I'm hungry)

Snack:

1 x toast with a cheese filling

lunch:

Sushi x 8 Pieces or subway 6"

Dinner:

pork chop/chicken little bit of mash potato and some veg

Yogurt

Snack:

raw nuts

Oh no I feel so slack, i eat so much.

Ha, just give me a second. Not exactly a day of exemplary eating, but people want to see what you REALLY eat, right?

Bfast: oatmeal with 1/2 milk 1/2 Water and Peanut Butter

Lunch: grilled chicken, spaghetti with parmesan, some pita bread with baba ghanoush

Snack: 2 pieces dark chocolate, mini KitKat, mini Aero, 1/2 small clamshell of raspberries with Splenda

Snack: apple pear

Dinner: 1 slice of thin crust pizza with prosciutto and bocconcini

Kinda hungry now, but the pizza was only 2.5 hours ago, so I'm not gonna eat anything else and just go to bed. EDIT: ended up having a small cucumber.

Just a freindly reminder...its very helpful to add how long post op you are :o)

Week 2 post-op

Breakfast:

1 egg fried in olive oil

1 oz ground beef

1 c. Tomato Soup

Blended and strained through mesh strainer...protien rich tomoato soup!

Lunch:

Advantage chocolate protien shake made w/ skim milk

1 tbsp Peanut Butter

half banana

Blended in blender

Dinner:

1/2 c. ricotta

1/4 c. alfredo sauce

1-2 oz ground up chicken

(I made this very thin, and it was still delicious!)

Snack:

Blueberry Greek Yogurt

Hello,

I was converted from band to sleeve on 10/25. I see from time to time people posting what they eat in a day...I find it very helpful. With more of your help, this thread could be dedicated to be specifically for listing a typical day of eating for a sleever.

Please add how long post-op you are and what you eat in a typical day for Breakfast, lunch dinner and Snacks. I’ll start…

1 week post op:

Breakfast:

6oz Mango Tea

8oz Advantage strawberry Protein shake made with skim milk

Snack:

1 sugar free popcycle

6oz Fresh carrot juice w/ Water

Lunch:

sugar free Jello

8oz Advantage chocolate Protein Shake made with skim milk

Snack:

1 sugar free popcycle

Dinner:

6oz chicken broth

12oz fresh apple juice

Thanks for sharing! I'm just curious how you manage to eat that much in one sitting? I am only 1 week out and my Dr. says I can only have 2oz. full liquid at each meal. I would love to be able to eat more

I'll be 6 weeks out on Tuesday and I still don't feel like eating. I can barely get in 40 oz of Water.

Today:

Breakfast: Choc Whey Protein powder/Skim milk/ice and 2 tbsp Peanut Butter

Lunch: 2.5 oz tuna cup

Dinner: 2 oz meatball/ 1 oz mashed potatos/ 1 oz shredded cheese

This is me making myself eat. I would like to know when do you actually feel like eating again. Nothing seems to taste the same.

I'm four months out and I guess I feel like eating. I guess. But, my physical "hunger" feels vampiric, if that makes any sense - I just register that I am empty, there is no physio-emotional connection telling me that I "desire" food to fill my "hunger". I don't know if a word of that makes sense ... the interest in food is still there though, and I know that this sounds like a contradiction. But, whereas prior to surgery a chocolate bar in my desk drawer wouldn't have even made it into the drawer, now it has sat there for weeks and I really could take it or leave it. I think I miss carbs in theory; I keep extremely low carb, usually in the mid teens of grams per day. the other day I had a half a toasted english muffin smeared with butter. It looked amazing and my imagination was excited about how delicious it would be but, after I bit into it, eh - it was alright I guess. I had allowed for the entire muffin in my carb count for the day but was so uninterested in the taste of it that I voluntarily didn't eat the other half. The only thing I find frustrating are the carbs in fruit and vegetables; I would love to chow down on raw fruits and steamed veggies but they are really high in carbs. If I want to indulge in a handful of pomegranate seeds, then I have to eat strictly Protein the entire day. I guess when it comes down to it I have no problem whatsoever eating tiny amounts and taking in tiny calories, but I am pretty tired of counting carbs.

Thanks for sharing! I'm just curious how you manage to eat that much in one sitting? I am only 1 week out and my Dr. says I can only have 2oz. full liquid at each meal. I would love to be able to eat more

I usually don't finish...but I can have up to 4 oz sipping slowly..I started puree this week, have gone out a few times and ordered Soup, I barely make a dent in the resturant serving!

The only thing I find frustrating are the carbs in fruit and vegetables; I would love to chow down on raw fruits and steamed veggies but they are really high in carbs.

You don't really have to worry about counting the carbs in veggies. As long as it's not peas corn or carrots, all the other veggies are very low carb. You really can eat all the veggies you want. It's good for the digestive system!

You don't really have to worry about counting the carbs in veggies. As long as it's not peas corn or carrots, all the other veggies are very low carb. You really can eat all the veggies you want. It's good for the digestive system!

Ahh, therein lies one of the problems; I eat in an Army dining faciility (difac) and the only veggies we get are those frozen medleys of corn-carrots-peas that have been boiled until all nutrition has disappeared. Sometimes there is broccoli or asparagus or green Beans but again, all nutrition boiled away. There's cabbage but in the form of slaw, drowning in mayo. Broccoli is my best bet but they are reducing the food available so it's a hit or miss treat now.

This morning I had a 3 inch by 1/2 inch strip of bacon, about an ounce of scrambled egg made from powdered eggs, and about 1/3 of a 4 inch pancake with a tsp of promise spread and a tsp of honey drizzled on top. I am so fulllll!

For lunch I will probably have 4 oz of baked chicken breast, or as much of it as I can, with a little homemade yogurt garlic sauce to ease it down. I have found that without some kind of lubricant, chicken can be a little difficult.

The honey I had at Breakfast had over 10 grams of carbs in it! So sadly, no fruit or veggies for me today, maybe a tablespoon full of green Beans with dinner.

I am 5 months postop and I can eat anything but in small amounts..I am trying to get back on track with my diet. so the plan for today

Brkfst: 1 medium egg and 1/2c turkey sausage crumbles coffee with sugar free Creamer

snack: mozzarella cheese sticks 2

Lunch: 3 oz tuna with light miracle whip

Dinner: 3 oz chicken

snack: Protein drink if it comes today..due for a delivery..

lots of crystal light..