Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Snacks

Thanks for sharing! I'm just curious how you manage to eat that much in one sitting? I am only 1 week out and my Dr. says I can only have 2oz. full liquid at each meal. I would love to be able to eat more

I am only one week out and having a really hard time even getting the Clear liquids down. I did have a hernia repair at the same time and I can barely get 36 oz. of Fluid down. I do an oz. every 15 minutes. How are you doing? I know it has been a few weeks now, right?

Thanks for sharing! I'm just curious how you manage to eat that much in one sitting? I am only 1 week out and my Dr. says I can only have 2oz. full liquid at each meal. I would love to be able to eat more

4 weeks post op, down 20 lbs! :o)

Yesterday:

Breakfast:

1 scrambled egg

coffee w/ cream & splenda

Snack:

A few very well chewed pecans - no the best idea, I don't think I am ready for nuts

Lunch:

Totilla pizza (Pizza sauce on a torilla shell w/ lowfat cheese and Margerhita Turkey Pepperoni - only 2.5 grams of fat per 14 pep slices, but I could never even eat that many!) I only ate half of this and it had about five slices of the pep on the half. This was great! It felt good to eat pizza and not have any guilt!

Snack:

2 sugar free popcycles

Dinner:

Turkey Chili - with Chobani Yogurt (instead of sour cream) total amount of food consumed was about a 1/2 cup...chewed well and ate very slow

Snack:

Special K Protein Water

I'm almost 11 weeks post op and this is what I've had so far: (don't know what dinner will be, still thinking about it)

total calories: 499

total Fat(g)15.50

Carbs(g)26.13

Prot(g)61.81

Breakfast

1 serving bio body yogurt -

1 medium fried egg

1 serving protifar Protein -

Lunch[

1 tbsp light Mayonnaise

1 slice mozzarella cheese

1/2 serving sandwich thins

1/2 can tuna

(this was taken from my fatsecret.com food journal).

I'm four months out and I guess I feel like eating. I guess. But, my physical "hunger" feels vampiric, if that makes any sense - I just register that I am empty, there is no physio-emotional connection telling me that I "desire" food to fill my "hunger". I don't know if a word of that makes sense ... the interest in food is still there though, and I know that this sounds like a contradiction. But, whereas prior to surgery a chocolate bar in my desk drawer wouldn't have even made it into the drawer, now it has sat there for weeks and I really could take it or leave it. I think I miss carbs in theory; I keep extremely low carb, usually in the mid teens of grams per day. the other day I had a half a toasted english muffin smeared with butter. It looked amazing and my imagination was excited about how delicious it would be but, after I bit into it, eh - it was alright I guess. I had allowed for the entire muffin in my carb count for the day but was so uninterested in the taste of it that I voluntarily didn't eat the other half. The only thing I find frustrating are the carbs in fruit and vegetables; I would love to chow down on raw fruits and steamed veggies but they are really high in carbs. If I want to indulge in a handful of pomegranate seeds, then I have to eat strictly Protein the entire day. I guess when it comes down to it I have no problem whatsoever eating tiny amounts and taking in tiny calories, but I am pretty tired of counting carbs.

"Globetrotter" - this makes PERFECT sense!!! I'm five months out...I am at goal and my physical hunger still is not there. I do feel empty just like you; I DO enjoy eating...food tastes good, I enjoy the the social aspect of it, but I eat because I know I need to and because it tastes good, not because I am hungry! I am not tempted by sweets sitting around the house. We have a Bible Study we go to each week, every week someone takes a 'treat' - I NEVER take a bite unless it is my week to bake something and I KNOW what is in it and it's something that sounds good....some times I don't indulge then. Again, like you said, I can take it or leave it! My surgeon has never had me count carbs....it's all about Protein and calories, so thankfully I don't have to worry about that. My on line food log does it and I do notice it though. My daily carb count averages between 65 and 85 grams per day. It's worked for me! If I had to watch something besides calories, I think I'd go nuts! I love not having hunger...I hope it stays this way forever!!

Hi- read your post and what you eat sounds reasonable. Who was your dr and what % of your stomach was removed and/or bougie size? I am 2 weeks postop and I hope I can eat normal like you. I don't want to eat like a mouse for the rest of my life. Oh, how many weeks/months post op are you?

Oh no I feel so slack, i eat so much.

Breakfast:

1 x toast & boiled egg (maybe 2 if I'm hungry)

Snack:

1 x toast with a cheese filling

lunch:

Sushi x 8 Pieces or subway 6"

Dinner:

pork chop/chicken little bit of mash potato and some veg

Yogurt

Snack:

raw nuts

Six months on Dec. 11th (I reached goal at just under five months)

Breakfast:

1 scrambled egg (with 1 piece of turkey bacon cooked and torn up in it and a half oz of 2% cheese melted in) Kind of a scrambled omelet! :D

Lunch:

1/2 cup of left of chicken and dumplings

mid-afternoon snack:

1 TB of Natural Peanut Butter on a half a piece of whole wheat bread

late afternoon snack:

half oz of almonds

Dinner:

we are getting ready to go out to eat. I already know what I'm getting! :rolleyes: I'll have it for lunch tomorrow as well!

2.5 oz Baked Cod (no butter or oil used) they are so good about leaving off the bad stuff for me!

Baked potato - approx 2 TB a little butter

I also have 8 oz of skim milk twice a day - extra Protein and goes towards my liquids as well!!

Yesterday I had a really bad day, ate way more than I should have but I thought I might give an example of a good day and a bad day for me with the sleeve. Even my bad day isnt' close to my average presleeve day

Bad day

1/2 of a sausage egg cheese cossandwhich w/o top bun

16oz 2% milk

6 crackers 3oz cheese (just remembered the crackers)

2 slices peperoni regular crust pizza

2oz milkshake

4oz cranberry juice

1/2 of a luna bar

Today was much better and more typical of what I eat

1 egg 1/2 piece whole wheat toast

6oz milk

3oz ham

2oz brocolli

1oz cheese

6oz milk

later I'll also have a little ceaser salad with chicken probably about 1 1/2 cup all together.

Hi- read your post and what you eat sounds reasonable. Who was your dr and what % of your stomach was removed and/or bougie size? I am 2 weeks postop and I hope I can eat normal like you. I don't want to eat like a mouse for the rest of my life. Oh, how many weeks/months post op are you?

I`m in New Zealand and my bougie was a 34f. I`m just over 5 months post op. Its so nice just eating what I would call normal portions and normal food. I also eat some foreign foods such as fruit.< /p>

I am now one month post op and I have another 2 weeks of full liquids. I so had it again.

It seems like 2 weeks is the max I can go on eating the same stuff, LOL. I have to go to the store and see if I can find a nice Soup to blend...

I am now one month post op and I have another 2 weeks of full liquids. I so had it again.

It seems like 2 weeks is the max I can go on eating the same stuff, LOL. I have to go to the store and see if I can find a nice Soup to blend...

Have the ricotta bake as soon as you are allowed onto mushies - you will loooove it! The recipe is somewhere in recipes.