Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can anyone tell me the best way to utilize unflavored protien powder?

I bought it at GNC and the guy didn't know what to do with it either,,,can anyone give me ideas. i just want to add it into something but he said it would change the consistency, but i thought i could just sprinkle it in my food or Soup or something like that, cause i already drink EAS Myoplex and like that as a protien drink....:blink: thanks, vicki

Def. add it to fruit smoothies.

I use www.unjury.com, so I can't speak for the GNC kind or others.

I add half a scoop of unflavored to my coffee in the morning. So I get my coffee (sticking with decaf) and add some SF coffeemate Creamer, then I add half a scoop.. that's 10 extra grams of Protein just with my coffee.

My nutritionist suggested I make mashed potatoes and throw some of it in there too. She also suggested making pudding (the instant kind) and using the unflavored or the choc or vanilla flavored. Other suggestions are adding it to oatmeal, adding it to yogurt, anything you can think of where you could hide it! I haven't tried any of these yet, but I may try the pudding one soon.

Good luck!

I put it in sf Gatoraide , sf Power Aide , Crystal Lite, sf Hawaiian Punch etc

Def. add it to fruit smoothies.

I use www.unjury.com, so I can't speak for the GNC kind or others.

I add half a scoop of unflavored to my coffee in the morning. So I get my coffee (sticking with decaf) and add some SF coffeemate creamer, then I add half a scoop.. that's 10 extra grams of Protein just with my coffee.

My nutritionist suggested I make mashed potatoes and throw some of it in there too. She also suggested making pudding (the instant kind) and using the unflavored or the choc or vanilla flavored. Other suggestions are adding it to oatmeal, adding it to yogurt, anything you can think of where you could hide it! I haven't tried any of these yet, but I may try the pudding one soon.

Good luck!

I thought you couldn't add the Protein Powder to hot liquids...no warmer than 180 degrees?...which is just barely warm. At least, that's the way it was when I used the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup flavor. So do you let your coffee cool down all the way, or make iced coffee, before adding it in?

I use the coffemate sugar free french vanilla creamer. It's stored in the fridge, and it cools my coffee down enough to make the Protein powder dissolve easily. I swear I do not taste it or smell it. Now if I add a little too much, like if I did a whole scoop, I think i would. But I manage to sneak in 1/2 scoop, and it works.

I never could find a good way to use the unflavored stuff. I could smell it and taste it in everything I tried, and it made most everything inedible to me. My husband used to put it in his Crystal Light drinks, and got in lots of Protein that way right at first after surgery. He didn't notice it at all as long as he added a flavor to his Water and then just one scoop of protein per 16.9 oz. bottle. I have had much more luck with the flavored versions. I like almost anything chocolate flavored, so even chocolate protein tastes good to me.

I found the best place to store it was in the shop.

I was just reading about this on another site. People suggested putting it in yogurt, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, and any cold liquid mixture. Someone also mentioned that if you put it in something cool you can heat it very slowly and it doesn't clump.

I learned the hard way about heating it up, don't do it! LOL I tried it in hot cocoa and heated it up in the microwave, ICK! LOL I tried today to blend it in with a smoothie and it changed the taste and look of the smoothie and I didn't like it :( I really need to find a way to use it more because I have a HUGE tub of it!