Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your "absolutely not" food?

What is a slider food? Does it just digest really quickly? Sorry if should know this.

I can eat buckets of popcorn without issue. It's definitely a slider food, and I only eat it once every couple of months.I waited several months (Like 6+ months) to try popcorn because I knew it would be a slider.

What is a slider food? Does it just digest really quickly? Sorry if should know this.

Don't apologize at all. We all learn as we go. Slider foods are foods that don't stay in our sleeves very long. Mashed potatoes, chips, pretzelsand soft foods like cheeses are slider foods. Dense Protein like most meats are more solid, and stick around in our sleeve longer which in turn keeps us full longer. Rice and Pasta are now both slider foods for me. Around 4-6 months out, those foods weren't comfortable for me to eat, they seemed to expand in my sleeve and I could only eat a couple of bites. Now all that has changed, and I'm able to eat more of those foods especially if I don't eat meat before. Over 80% of digestion occurs in the intestines, but we want food to stick in our sleeve as long as we can to give us maximum satiety from our meals. Hope this helps.

I'm pretty happy that I can eat anything; I would not want ill effects like barfing after eating this or that. That's not why I did this. I can eat anything and everything. That said, what I choose to eat is a different story. Oh, let me back up a sec - I tried ice cream about a month ago - the first time since pre-op (about 8 months at the time) - ate three big spoonfulls and felt like crap for about 2 hours afterwards. Had to sleep it off. THAT one I'm glad made me feel like crap cuz ice cream is my absolute favorite food and I could sure see the writing on that wall! Lol! Besides the ice cream, I've only had a few bites of sugary stuff here and there and, in retrospect, none of it made me feel too great.

Anyway, choices; I still avoid carbs like the plague with the exception of a bite here and there and that is only recently since being so close to goal. So I guess I can't really say what lots of potatos or rice would do to me but I think I would be fine with it. I've literally had a couple of bites of bread since surgery. The nice thing is I just don't crave the stuff anymore. In fact, I just told my husband yesterday as I was preparing my lunch that I could live on this combination of grapes, cheese and nuts. It's so much easier now to make good choices - it really is hard to explain until you've been there but I've been just amazed by the whole transition. Yes, this is something we have to do for life but I don't see the unimaginable difficulty in that anymore like post diet weight loss pre op.

BTW, sliders are foods that you can eat pretty much without stop - they just slide right through you never making you full at all - just fat! ;) Junk mostly like popcorn, chips, nuts, that kind of stuff.

Cheers!

C

I CAN eat anything..but I know my trigger foods and know to stay away from them.

My trigger foods are junk food of course...mostly sweets. Cake, Cookies, cookie dough, cake batter...yep I know gross huh? I LOVE cake batter.

If I can learn moderation one day....maybe I will allow myself a treat here and there...but I absolutely do not trust myself. It's a very slippery slope...have a little bit, want more, take more, keep going back for me. DANGEROUS ground that!

But like luna I think I have a cast Iron stomach too...I've had NO issues in the six months since I've had surgery...no foods have given me any problems. I can eat anything I want to.

Yummers!! Cake batter!! Good thing I don't like to bake...

I'm a can-eat-everything person too.

There are things that I don't like to eat now. Raw onions for instance. They were iffy before surgery--I liked them on a burger but I wouldn't eat one plain (some people do!). Now they just taste too strong. Seafood doesn't taste as good as it used to and neither does Thai food. Ice cream. Imagine not liking ice cream. It just doesn't tempt me anymore.

Doritos and nutella still taste like heaven, unfortunately. I wanted to taste a dorito the other day, I ended up eating 5. Now I know I need to stay away from them. I tried a spoonful (tsp) of nutella--yummy. Haven't had it since---far too dangerous. I try to be careful with the simple carbs. bread goes down just fine as does rice. I still avoid them. Most of my carbs come from milk (skim), fruit and chocolate (1 dove dark promise per day--tops).

LOVED pineapple juice before surgery - now it makes my tummy hurt. I am hoping this will pass in time. :unsure:

There isn't anything that I can't eat but I do avoid rice, Pasta and bread. If I even attempt any of those items, I have no room for Protein and they're just not worth it! I don't miss the rice; I make spaghetti squash instead of spaghetti and I have found that I don't miss bread either or I'll just have a bite or two.