Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would love to have everyone share their top ten reasons why they want the surgery or the top ten thing they love about having the surgery(for the ones already there).

I think this would be fun, we all have our motivations.

cheer2.gif

My To Ten Reasons for Having Surgery:

1)So I can control my PCOS

2)Not feel like an elephant on a treadmill

3)Not feel like an elephant on a broomstick when on a bike(It's true I refuse!!)

4)Be able to try sex positions I haven't in years!

5)Walk into Forever 21 with a hand full of bags and a new attitude!!

6)Be able to wear my wedding ring(instead of the fake one I had to buy because I gained weight!)

7)Keep up with my three boys and run around like a light feather playing soccer with them.

8)Visit my family in South america whom I keep telling that I don't have money to buy tickets and posting head shots online so they don't realize how fat I got!!

9)I have to be honest...I want to walk down the mall(purposely) and see how many people agree that I got it goin' on!!

10)The Husband...I want to see which way the cookie is going to crumble but I must admit I love him, I miss those times he used to want me anywhere those were fun hopefully he can have fun with the new me too.

pop2.gif

VSG was my 2nd WLS, and I had to get rid of my band.

But, my top reasons to have WLS were:

1) To get pregnant, and have a happy/healthy pregnancy and deliver a healthy/happy baby

2) So that I could be more active

3) To avoid a life riddled with obesity-related conditions and diseases (I didn't have any co-morbidities pre-op)

4) Change my relationship with food, learning to eat to live instead of living to eat

5) Just feel better in general

Those are my Top 5, I'm sure there's more, but right now that's all I can think of.

My top 10 are as follows. . . .

1. for people to see me, not the fat girl come waddling in

2. be able to shop in the "normal" section for clothes

3. be able to fit into a plane seat and have seat belt "left over"

4. be able to go to the gym and do a workout without dying

5. not sweat when i eat

6. not eat all the time cause i "think" i'm hungry

7. be able to disappear in a crowd and stick out cause i'm the only hugh one

8. climb up and down the stairs without thinking i'm going to have a stroke

I must be meeting all my goals cause i can't think of 10. . . :blink:

1. So I don't develop diabetes and have my legs cut off like my aunts and uncles

2. So I can have more energy to play with my kids and set a good example for them

3. I am sick of buying overpriced ugly fat clothes

4. I want to know what it feels like to be thin and not have my world revolve around food

5. To be able to get a job because I'm the best, instead of being looked over for my weight.

Oh fun! This is an excellent thread idea. J

10. I want to be thin, and being thin does feel so incredible!

9. I want to like what I look like in pictures again.

8. I want to feel comfortable going anywhere and everywhere without feeling like the fat girl walking around.

7. I only want to eat as much as my body needs, and NO MORE!!

6. I want to make it more fun and easy to do my workouts. Right now it’s really tough moving around, and I do love a good, hard workout.

5. My Knees and Bones are crying out.

4. I want to be a Mother someday, and I want to be as healthy as possible during my pregnancies. I also want to be able to be strong enough to run after my little ones! I will be an older mother when this happens. At least I’ll have energy enough!

3. I want to live a long, healthy life!

2. I would like to cure my High Blood Pressure someday.

And the #1 Reason Is:

1. I loooove to shop for clothes, but right now I hate how I look in them. I want to feel sexy and Goddess like in my ‘fits again. Whooooot!!

My top ten for wanting to have this surgery are:

1. I want to LIKE myself again.

2. I want to go to a friend's house and not have a fear of sitting on their chair and breaking it..never happened but I have the fear...can this chair hold me.

3. Going into a restaurant and NOT being scared I can't fit in the BOOTH.

4. I want to FEEL healthy and not be tired all the time.

5. I want to get rid of my CPAP machine

6. I want my husband to LOOK at me again

7. I want to fly and not have a fear of NOT being able to fasten the seatbelt. I SWEAT like crazy when trying to buckle it...I can do it but I'm MISERABLE.

8. I want to feel pretty again

9. I want to learn to eat less and eat the correct food.

10. I want people to look at me and say WOW!!!

10. I don't want to have heart disease.

9. I don't want High Blood Pressure.

8. I want my children to say hey that's my mom, not ask me to pick them up from school around back.

7. I want to look good in cloths again.

6. I want to ride my horses and not feel sorry for them having to carry all my weight around. :unsure:

5. I want to be able to breathe again.

4. I want to not sweat walking into work.

3. I want to look professional again.

2. I want to feel about me, like my husband feels about me.

1. I would like to not feel this...... When I walk through the Mall with my 6'3" tall, very well built, hansom, cowboy husband, (here in Texas, the perfect man) and great looking women look at us and wonder how I got this man to be with me. Vain of me, no. It just hurts.[/font] :angry:

Not in any specific order

1. I want shopping to be a happy experience instead of a depressing one.

2. I want to kick this PCOS and one day have children and not so much damn Cramping

3. I want to have a better handle on my weight before my hasimotos completely destroys my thyroid

4. I want my joints to not hurt any more

5. I want to be able to go upstairs with out huffing and puffing

6. I want to be noticed and not looked past like I am invisible

7. I want to control how much I eat instead of the food controling me

8. I want to stay healthy

9.I dont want to hide behind my self any more

10. The absolute top reason I am having the vsg done is because I watched my Grandmother and Great Grandmother Die from obesity related issues in the same year at a young age and I dont want to end up like them I want to take my own LONG path to old age

1. To be a 'healthy' weight...and have my healthy brain & insides match my exterior body.

2. To avoid Diabetes & Hypertension (it runs in my family).

3. To change my relationship with food.< /p>

4. To play with my kids, BE THERE for my kids, and be a good example for my kids.

5. To be able to "participate" in life. Want to go swimming...sure! Hope on a boat or go waterskiing...sure! Race you to the corner...sure!

6. To have a clear conscious at the end of the day instead of 'beating' myself up over eating food.

7. To shop wherever I want and not be "limited" by the "plus" size selection.

8. To be a sexy wife to my awesome hubby.

9. To ride a rollercoaster, airplane, or any other type of device that is limiting to larger people.

10. Because I can do this! And I get to be in charge of my fate, instead of obesity-related issues ruling my current life, and my future.

1. To feel comfortable in my own skin

2. To be as healthy as I can be

3. To be more active and energetic for my daughter - I wanna ride the rollercoasters with her when she's old enough :bolt:

4. To decrease my chances of developing high BP and diabetes

5. To be looked at and not looked through - especially by men :eyebrows:

6. To feel in control of my eating

7. To just grab something out of the closet and go, without worrying about hiding all the "trouble spots"

8. To wear "normal" sized, super cute clothes :clap2:

9. To feel sexy every now and then

10. To stand out for everything else I am and not because of my weight

Good thread! Here are mine:

1. I am/was terrified of hitting my 50s and having to battle obesity related-diseases -- I had no co-morbidities pre-op, but I have a family full of diabetics and those with high blood pressure.

2. I wanted my children to see me as I see me (I don't see myself as fat, just overweight :lol:) seriously, I wanted them to see me "normal" before they were too old.

3. I wanted to be attractive to my wonderful husband who has encouraged me through thick and thin (mostly thick).

4. I don't want to fear getting into a small airplane seat, sitting on a plastic patio chair for fear it will break, looking into an elevator to see if I can fit, worrying if I "flow" over into the next seat on the metro, etc.

5. I don't like sticking out as the "fat American" when I'm overseas.

6. I want to be able to buy attractive clothes that are worth the money.

7. I want to be able to participate in sports, go hiking, ride horses, be active without fear that I will not be able to, that I will "break" the horse, that I can be one of the gang.

8. I want to be introduced as me and be seen as me without worrying if people are thinking, "ugh, who is that fat person?"

9. I want to cross my legs, sit on the floor, do things that I physically cannot do right now.

10. Most of all, I just want to lose weight to be healthy -- I know I said that before, but I think that if I just got to a healthy weight, all the rest would follow :)

My top 10 reasons (in no certain order):

1. I just want to "feel better". Tired of high blood pressure, having no energy and toting around all this extra weight.

2. Be able to work out at the gym without my knees hurting so bad and everyone staring at me.

3. I want to take a "Zumba" class.

4. I want to sit on the floor and play with my grandchildren.

5. I want to have a normal sexual relationship with my husband.

6. I want to be able to wear a bathing suit and go down a "waterslide".

7. I want to be able to buy clothes that look nice on me without having to pay a fortune.

8. I want to lose the fear that when I die I will not fit in my casket and have to be buried in a piano case.

9. To be able to wear something pretty as "Mother of the Groom" when my son's get married.

10. To be part of society instead of being ignored or made fun of by those who don't understand that in God's eyes we are all the same - someday we will ALL have perfect wings.

Top 10 reasons!

1.I want to be thinner not OBESE!

2.I dont want high blood pressure anymore.

3.I have arthritis and it keeps me awake.

4.My daughter is 22 and never saw me thin.

5.My father had diabetes and I DONT!

6.I want to be able to wear a normal size clothes and not TENTS!

7.I want to be able to get up off the floor without crawling to a piece of furniture to get up!

8.I want to quit peeing my pants when I cough or sneeze!so embarrassing.

9.I want my husband to be more turned on by me!

10.I want to be a normal size like the girls I work with instead of the chubby one.

11. lol I want my husbands EX WIFE to EAT the words FAT BITCH!!!

1. I want to be healthy. Especially no diabetes like everyone else in my family.

2. I want to ride a roller coaster without fear of being asked to get off because the bar won't lock.

3. I want to sit in a booth without my fat belly hanging over the table.

4. I want to buy those adorable outfits on the mannequins.

5. I want to sit on a lawn chair without worrying about the weight limit.

6. I want to be able to ride piggyback without breaking the piggy's back.

7. I want to go scuba diving.

8. I want to be comfortable in a swim suit.

9. I want to play outside with my children without getting out of breath.

10. I hate the words "morbid" and "obese"

1) Because I want to be able to go out and ENJOY life, and not sit on the sidelines thinking "One day I'll be able to do that..."

2) Because I want to walk down the street and NOT see people look in the opposite direction as they walk by me.

3) Because I want to be able to shop WHEREVER I want and not have to stick to Walmart or overpriced dept store Woman sections

4) Because I would love to go out dancing with my husband and not feel ridiculous in tight clothing or a dress.

5) Because right now I feel as if my life is on hold, and if i don't make a change I'll spend the rest of my life thinking "What if??"

6) Because I don't want to feel as if people are laughing at my dreams just because I'm fat.

7) Because I hate to feel that there are 2 strikes against me when I am at work/school and having to work that much harder to prove myself to people.

8) Because I don't want my son to grow up with an obese mom and have to be excluded from social events just because I am.

9) Because I want to feel beautiful, and its really hard sometimes.

10) Because if I can beat my weight I can do absolutely anything!