Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it just me behaving badly??

chilo1
Sign in to follow this  

Ok, so I thought I was doing well yesterday, but i didn't. 1100 calories and 140 carbs!! I can't believe it, i got to get back on track. On friday appointment w nutritionist, I'll see what she has to say!! I do have loads of energy and have been on the go all day yesterday, took the girls to dancing lessons, went shopping for bedding as my dad and then inlaws are coming to visit from Paraguay, went to the supermarket, did house work, walked loads around the "mall" with my thin friend(who walks really quickly) and I was carrying all my pillows, cushions etc around w me, which was a massive workout in itself-OK I'm trying to excuse my bad behaviour but there is no excuse! The worse thing is when i comment on my calories/carbs to my husband and friends they don't think it's a big deal, still a lot less than I used to eat they say, but obviously for me not good enough!! I think I'm gonna have to do what Globetrotter suggested on myfatsecret and get rid of ALL dangerous food from the house at least during my losing stage and get Snacks for the kids that I don't like :( Gotta nip this in the bud before I stop losing weight altogether :o

Having carby Snacks in the house is dangerous for me, too. I still buy him a few junk food snacks, but just pick the ones I don't like (like Cheetos). He also is a big fan of beef Jerky, so that's a staple in our house. We eat nuts, too, but those can become addictive! I think if I eat carbs, I crave them, and it's easier for me if they aren't around to tempt me. At work, it isn't as easy to avoid them, but at home, I don't want to be tempted.

Some of the reading I've been doing about diet after the sleeve puts carb consumption at 10 - 20% daily . For the amount of calories you took in the carb consumption isn't bad. But if your daily intake is suppose to be between 600 - 800 calories daily in the first six months I can see why you are concerned.

I think it's important to remember as well not all carbs are evil. fruit, veg, Beans, whole grains - are healthy. White brean, white rice, white sugar, etc... are evil.

Hey Chilo -- went to my nutritionist this week (on Sgto. Marecos) and she thinks we should be eating carbs. I don't know, I'm very very torn. I'm not a real fan of bread right now, but I can see in a couple of month I could be. So, the question is, are you overdoing or are you providing your body with enough energy? Remember that everyone has different diet recommendations -- if your nutritionist thinks you're doing a good job and that you're effectively using your sleeve, then I wouldn't worry -- the only time I think I might worry is if I see that my eating is affecting my weight. You said before that you're journaling your food, so that's good -- I'm betting that you're doing ok . . . .

My nutrtionist thinks I should be having carbs, I think/know I'm overdoing it though. I'm not feeling that great today, and even though I haven't been given strict guidelines calorie wise I feel much better when I have aroung 800-900 cal and some "good" carbs. Julie I think I've been to that same nutritionist, did I tell you that Dr Paiva inserted a gastric balloon for me about 5 years ago? Needless to say as soon as the balloon came out the weight came back on with a vengeance! Friday I'm going to see my nut so i'll ask for stricter guidelines, I want to lose at least 12 more kilos (about 28 pounds i think) at least. I'm not too sure if i want to lose as much as I planned in the beginning, I'm gonna post some pictures soon to see what you guys think? Does the fat redistribute after a while?